Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2008, 11:11 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
A Strong Chapter

What are your ideas about making a very strong WAFTE chapter?
  • G2G's
  • BS
Your thoughts can be about both or neither...Just make your thoughts known.

EClampus Vitus Major WM Downie 1849

Old 07-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
Both really- All the BS you want, as long as someone isn't going on about sexual stuff or openly post padding. I hear about those.
G2G's are fun, I should be able to stay longer at the next one.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Elder User

Behemoth has a very good reputation on FTE.Behemoth has a very good reputation on FTE.Behemoth has a very good reputation on FTE.
Wellllll, I'm typically full of BS, and I haven't made it to a G2G yet, so I'm only marginally qualified to talk about this.

I'm partially considering showing up at the G2G in October, but it'd most likely just be for the day. That, and I'd only be able to show up in Maynard, as Buford won't be road ready until next spring by the looks of things. I've been spending every weekend tinkering on whatever part of Buford I can, but I've still got a long way to go.

As for what it would take to make a strong chapter? Not sure. I do think that sheer geography does pose some degree of logistical challenge for any sort of frequent G2G's on a larger scale. I've noticed that other car clubs that are based in smaller geographic areas (city specific, for example), tend to be more tight knit as they interact more often.

That's one of the main hurdles I can see that would stand in the way of the chapter becoming more cohesive than it is. The only alternative to that is to create subchapters based on areas in Washington, but that sort of decentralization could prove more harmful than helpful with regard to an overall Washington State chapter identity.

Ok, that's enough sociological theorizing for one evening.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Six View Post
Both really- All the BS you want, as long as someone isn't going on about sexual stuff or openly post padding. I hear about those.
G2G's are fun, I should be able to stay longer at the next one.
This isn't DE, but we do have our very own Bunny Ranch.

EClampus Vitus Major WM Downie 1849

Old 07-18-2008, 01:24 AM
Have a nice Beer!!!

lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Behemoth is correct with more interaction. The BS portion is minor compared to actually walking up to someone and saying hello for the first time.

One prime example is NWforddiesels, we have constant interaction. Next weekend, some of us are heading down to Wincester and Florence OR. Going to the Dunes. Monster Jam back in February, Smoke on the Mtn.--Day trip around Mt. St. Helens, and Snow Days--Similiar to what Marty and some of us did this last winter. Believe it or not, I speak with the diesel folks there quite a bit. Not just because of diesel, I've gotten to know them.

Like I have gotten to know some of the folks here... Mike, Dave, Marty and a few others, all through actually meeting.

1999 F350 stock as stock can get. Ignition kill switch and Trailer Brakes. Sold it...way to much blow by.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:56 AM
Have a nice Beer!!!

lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.lostmybeer has a very good reputation on FTE.
Any other responses? Interaction is good.

1999 F350 stock as stock can get. Ignition kill switch and Trailer Brakes. Sold it...way to much blow by.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Elder User

Behemoth has a very good reputation on FTE.Behemoth has a very good reputation on FTE.Behemoth has a very good reputation on FTE.
I responded, but Mike didn't appear interested in what I had to say...didn't have a lot more to offer.

Oh, and it's apparent that I don't know what the formal definition of "BS" is...I referred to the more commonly used euphamism for that particular acronym.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Senior User

BensDaddy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I like BS so much I made a career out of spreading it!!!!! So much for accurate predictions!!!

If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of your nose. -Jack Handy

vultus, emo, recidivus - Me

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...max500-1-1.jpg
Old 07-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placermike View Post
This isn't DE, but we do have our very own Bunny Ranch.
I heard that
Old 07-26-2008, 11:20 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter