Sponsored by: DP Tuner

TruCool Installed with pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 08:24 PM
BioHazrdMan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TruCool Installed with pics!!!

Well, I ordered gauges and the TruCool last week and the Tranny cooler came in today so I couldn't wait to install it. I really wanted to get the gauges first so I could see the difference.... but I HAD to install it, it was just sitting in the box begging me so....

Very easy to install and good directions. I was reading on here AFTER I installed on how to bolt it to the vertical supports but I think the way I mounted it looks alright. It is very sturdy. What do you think?

Now I need to check the tranny fluid level, add a little and I'm done! One question... I got the Remote External Bypass Remote external thermal bypass: Bulkpart transmission parts ... would you install it or do you have one? I live in New Mexico and don't see too cold of winters, maybe in the 20's. I do sometimes go to CO or Hunting where it gets colder then that. Thanks!

Old 07-15-2008, 08:27 PM
HighOctane
PMS: an obsession

Looks good! I just did this myself last week or so. I love the cooler temps. Good pics too. Reps on the way.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:35 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great Noah, this seems to be a pretty simple install how much of a drop did you see on your tranny temps?

Old 07-15-2008, 10:16 PM
jhand124
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BioHazrdMan
Well, I ordered gauges and the TruCool last week and the Tranny cooler came in today so I couldn't wait to install it. I really wanted to get the gauges first so I could see the difference.... but I HAD to install it, it was just sitting in the box begging me so....

Very easy to install and good directions. I was reading on here AFTER I installed on how to bolt it to the vertical supports but I think the way I mounted it looks alright. It is very sturdy. What do you think?

Now I need to check the tranny fluid level, add a little and I'm done! One question... I got the Remote External Bypass Remote external thermal bypass: Bulkpart transmission parts ... would you install it or do you have one? I live in New Mexico and don't see too cold of winters, maybe in the 20's. I do sometimes go to CO or Hunting where it gets colder then that. Thanks!
I think our transmissions already have a bypass. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:43 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes....our tranny's already have the bypass built into them, I discovered that while researching on here before I installed my Napa Ultra cool. I actually RE-installed it today, same location that you put yours, I wasn't quite happy with my temps I had before, hope I get better results now Reps coming your way for the pics!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:45 AM
03_PSD
Postmaster
good job on the install!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:50 AM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Very nice install. The pics are always welcome.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:51 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That looks good. Where did you get the cooler? I am about to order one myself.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:09 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by BioHazrdMan

If you have the remote thermal by-pass, I would go ahead and install it. The OEM is a pressure by-pass, but would open up if the fluid was "too thick" to flow well. Mark Kovalsky posted in another thread that he recommended the use of the thermal by-pass. I don't have one, because the temps here are pretty mild. If you are concerned about the temps elsewhere, put it in there. Won't hurt a thing.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:28 PM
danskool
Go Bills !
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
COOL install, And again, pictures are always a good way to share. My install is coming up also.

Did you order this one? http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?...ROD&ProdID=205

Confused on this Note: But i don't see the specific kit listed. *Additional Hose and Mounting bolts may be needed for your application. 1999-2003 Ford F250 & F350 owners can purchase our Ford Superduty specific installation kit with special instructions, extra bolts and extra hose specific to your vehicle*

Old 07-16-2008, 04:21 PM
BioHazrdMan
Senior User
Thanks for the replies!!! I ordered mine from Tru-Cool Heavy Duty transmission cooler: Bulkpart transmission parts and it had everything I needed. Don't know who much it helps the temps cuz I am waiting for my gauges to get here. Oh well...

Old 07-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great job. You're goona love how well it works.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:23 PM
jhand124
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by miller_feed
That looks good. Where did you get the cooler? I am about to order one myself.
Rick I order mine from Diesel Site like was previously posted, with that kit you do need to pick up some clamps and 3' of hose rated for trans fluid (it's all in the instuctions). They are selling a universal kit, you can opt for the bypass (adds cost) or not. It's about $120+ shipping to your door.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:42 PM
03F2507.3
Senior User
Did you use teflon on the brass fittings going into the tru-cool? Im doing it right now and the directions dont say anything about it?

Old 07-16-2008, 05:46 PM
jhand124
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 03F2507.3
Did you use teflon on the brass fittings going into the tru-cool? Im doing it right now and the directions dont say anything about it?
I don't think so, but it has been awhile. I don't think It would hurt. I haven't had any leaks though.

Quick Reply: TruCool Installed with pics!!!