2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! Drivers window has jumped....

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 10:16 AM
thebenchman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!! Drivers window has jumped....

Hello to everyone....

My 2004 F-150 drivers window rolled down and wouldnt roll up. I managed to get it pulled up to the top fully rolled up position, thankfully.

I push the button and you can hear the motor running up and down but the window seems to have jumped the track.

What now? Do I need to take the panel off? it is something a novice can do? I have talked to two places about fixing it and i am being quoted HUGE pricies.

Can anyone help me? PLEASE?

Tell me other than taking it to a dealer or such.....

thanks

Roy

Old 07-11-2008, 10:20 AM
sjoejen
New User
You need a new regulator. Buy one from the dealer and either put in on yourself or contact an auto glass shop.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:44 AM
thebenchman
New User
Thanks

But let me add this...3 months ago as i opened the door i heard something drop inside the door. Is there a clamp or something that holds the window on a track? could that be what has happened?

Old 07-11-2008, 11:17 AM
pete497
Senior User
I just took apart my door panel because my window has been giving me problems. There are two metal tracks that carriages ride up and down on actuated by cables from the motor. The window is mounted to these carriages. If one of those carriages broke or came of the track you might have heard that type of noise, but I think the window would stop working immediately.

Taking the panel off is pretty easy. On my Lariat there are two screws behind the door handle and 1 behind the window control panel. You will have to remove both to get at the screws. I also had to remove the speaker. There are three screws on the bottom of the panel. Then you just lift up on the panel and it will come out. To get it out of the way you will have to detach the door handle from the panel.