Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Senior User

crehberg is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Trying to find a part-time job.....

Dang, is anybody else having problems finding a part-time job? At 17, it just seems like everybody says you have to be 18 before they will hire you. I've applied at local grocery stores....nothing. Local nurseries.....nothing. Everybody else says you have to be 18. Can you guys think of any other places I can look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay View Post
Women species are hard to understand in best of conditions let alone in the untamed territories.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Senior User

Eagle460 is starting off with a positive reputation.
18? Are you kidding...around here restaurants will hire you at 14.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
well what do you want to do? or do you not care at this point? go down to Mcdonalds or jack in the box or a local pizza place...
Old 07-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Senior User

Mcdonalds (at least here): 18+
Jack-in-the-box: N/A
Local pizza place: only openings are for drivers, must be 18+ due to insurance requirements.

Well, most restraunts around here aren't real big on hiring male servers. And the rest don't have any positions open. Most restaraunts around here are in the same crunch the rest of us our: their business is going down, so why hire?

Quote:
Women species are hard to understand in best of conditions let alone in the untamed territories.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
looks like you are in a tuff spot there buddy...i cant find a job my self but atlest i have one right now so its not such a big deal. but jobs are out there just keep looking....
Old 07-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Junior User

sicktight722 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm having the same problem as you, but i'm trying to find a second job. If you live in a big enough city, try UPS. That is were I work. Its part-time and comes with full benefits.

"From Chaos comes Clarity"-311
Old 07-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Post Fiend

i am looking for more of a full time executive type job but i might take a look.......
Old 07-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Elder User

mercman86 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
try your local ford dealer, my local dealer seems to always need porters or detailers
1966 Falcon Ranchero 200ci I6 FCA#13787
2011 Escape XLS
2012 Mustang V6
Old 07-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Posting Guru

SUPERDUTY_untouchabl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Try a auto parts store. They pay good. I started out at o'reillys fer 7.50 an hour plus commission, which adds up to be around 8.50 to 9.00 and hour. I know advanced pays really good, I think the start out at 9.00 an hour but they dont give no commission, but they do hand out some nice bonus checks. There also alot harder to work for, their way more strict. Go apply at a local o'reillys its a pretty simple job. Oh and you dont have to be 18 to work there...
04 F150 4.6l Gryphon Powered 2wd reg cab XL 3:55 LS SISO Flowmaster S40 NCD Customs 2.5" Leveling Kit Burner High Power Fog Lights 285/70/17 BFG A/T KO's
Old 07-10-2008, 12:50 AM
Senior User

bliff_man is starting off with a positive reputation.
Before I turned 18, I worked as a Swim Instructer, A Lifegaurd, I worked in the Movie Theatre Selling Popcorn, A telemarketer, then I joined the Army
Old 07-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliff_man View Post
Before I turned 18, I worked as.....A telemarketer, then I joined the Army
haha i hire telemarketers...
Old 07-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Posting Guru

maverick1701 has a good reputation on FTE.maverick1701 has a good reputation on FTE.
Citizen GaKar
my old roommate started working at wal-mart this week and makes $8.20....if he transfers to produce it goes up and if he works sundays he makes around $9something.... Not a bad deal
1968 M35A2 Kaiser Jeep 6x6
2012 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4 SSV (S.O. Patrol Vehicle)
M998 HMMWV (S.O. SAR vehicle)
Old 07-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Post Fiend

its to bad you guys dont have In-N-Out (best burger place in the world) they hire kids at 16 and start at about $10 and you can get to about $12+ in a year and if you stick it out store managers get $150,000 a year or more.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Disgruntled Texan

texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
I don't know if this will work for the OP, but work for yourself. Anybody with a hammer and strong back can find some kind of construction job. I started at 17 at a fence company, my brother started at 15 doing hardwood floors. Now I work for myself, get whatever jobs I can find, and do alright for myself.

Nancy, you been going to that healer for twelve years, and you still get headaches every night.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Senior User

Tex, I've actually thought of doing that. But most of the houses they are building right now are big fancy-dancy ones around here, crap that this ole' laid back redneck would be afraid to work on. Actually, I'm checking out the possibility of doing lawnmower repair/small engine repair. There seems to be 50 bazillion people around here that run these lawn care businesses, and judging by the look of the trucks they are driving (nice fancy ones that cost more than the house I'm living in is worth ), I don't think they do their own maintence. Probably afraid to get the plush carpet in their truck greasy!

Quote:
Old 07-10-2008, 02:20 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation