Manitoba / Saskatchewan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fomoko1

No topic thread,,, Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 08:39 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Morning Fellas... She's a cold one out there this am. Real cold.

Randy, I was thinking of doing something similar to what you did with the smaller rims/larger more aggressive tire. I don't know if 17's would clear the brake rotors tho. Last night coming from my bosses 40th birthday party, I started the Ex, it chimed and gave me a "steering assist fault, see dealer for service". The steering wheel was locked solid, I couldn't budge it. I shut the Ex off and restarted it, it was fine. Doesn't give me a very comforting feeling to only have 3400kms on it and already little glitches like that. Roadside assistance is a joke. When my wife had her flat, I told her to call Roadside Assistance. The recording goes through 5 minutes of BS just to tell you that all agents are busy and it will be 38-49 minutes before they call you back. At this point you haven't even talked to a human. Pretty pathetic.

As cities grow and expand, I can't help but wonder, whats the draw? Why does so many people want to live within a city? I'm happier than a pig in the proverbial pooh to have gotten the opportunity to move to an acreage. I pray that we may keep our health and abilities for many years so we can enjoy it. For me, going back to city living would only be on the condition that I had a remote cabin or something for a getaway, or a job where I was on the road most of the time and didn't have to be at my place of residence for extended periods of time.

Well the kid from Regina wants the truck, we agreed on a price and he's supposed to be coming for it. Nothing is set in stone until I see the cash... Found another truck yesterday that I may consider. An '09 extended cab F150 4x4. A few thousand less than the 2010 regular cab, no taxes to be paid, and I have to admit that having the extra seating would be an asset with the family just in case we ever needed to go in the truck. The F150 should be better on fuel than the Cummins, and gas is cheaper than diesel so there's added savings.

Hope everyone has a warm and safe Sunday... Take care boys!!!!

Old 02-22-2015, 09:05 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Happy Sunday mornin'all. It seems that you move out of town, close enough to all the enemities, and Bang! The city catches up fast. I gues you have to move 20 miles out of town to be kinda safe. I don't know how many times Costco and Walmart have wanted to build in the outlying area's, only to be shot sown by the local citizen's. I took Jordan to work this mornin at 8:30 and it was -30. the sun is shining and no wind. Not bad.Sherm; need some pic's when you get the new buggy. Have a great day guy's.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:13 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,130 Likes on 2,655 Posts
Good morning everyone, cold as hell here too.....brrrrr!

Old 02-22-2015, 09:15 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by 56panelford
Good morning everyone, cold as hell here too.....brrrrr!
Have you got the shop all warmed up to kick butt today?

Old 02-22-2015, 09:18 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,130 Likes on 2,655 Posts
I'll be heading out there shortly

Old 02-22-2015, 09:43 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good morning...hunker down and stay warm everyone!

Old 02-22-2015, 09:56 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
You got that right Tim. Its a good day for snuggling

Old 02-22-2015, 10:17 AM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Morning FTE ! !! !!! !!!!

Grant, sorry to hear about your demize. I think your the only stretch insid ethe perimeter in the entire city that hasn't turned into beige and light beige stucco'd, 3' from each other houses that you can't even park 2 vehicles in the double car garage. Or the driveway for that matter.

Sherm, you bought an excursion? or with power assist, excape?

Had a great couple days of riding with the Totally Yamaha group last week. Started off Thursday morning 6:50am at -42 and took the 1.25hr trip east to meet the group. Coldest start EVER for me. Brrrrrrrrr. Logged 354.7kms Thursday and 399.3 on Friday. What a great bunch of guys and gals. Awesome trails, never treked further east by myself. Canadian Shield riding i'll have to say is some of the nicest views i've ever taken in while riding. She's sitting in the cave still shiverin with 3100kms on her for the season!! 1st time in 14 or 15 years that a Phazer has joined. Group consisted of 11 dedicated riders who's attended for 10yrs plus in this get together. Was ribbed and ribbed about being a 500cc twin with only 80hp. Earned some respect after the boys invited me on a "Trail run" some stayed at restaraunt some went for the "Run". Well by the end of that I had a few guys on the 160hp machines scratchin their heads and even alittle respect at the table while havin lunch. At the end of the day I have an all new respect for another group of enthusiasts.

Best wishes for Kyle Bush after his crash. Wish I could watch the Daytona 500 but Canadian Bell Expressvu SUCKS!!!!!!! Getting rid of the speed channel and not having Fox1/2.

I think I'm going to fire up the eX, load up the kidlets and some wood and head off into the bush for a day. Get a fire going, hotdogs and some exploring :P

Old 02-22-2015, 10:24 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
We bought a 2015 Explorer Curtis. Way too many technological and electrical gadgets for my liking. Told my wife if it starts to give us grief its going down the road and I'll replace it with a '79 bronco.

You really log the miles on that sled. Kudos for that Back when my wife had a 2007 Phazer I could keep up with 160hp sleds on a twisty trail, get left behind on the straights. I hated that phazer though, something kept draining the battery and reverse kept F'ing up... It was useless in deep snow too, even with the 1 1/2" track.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:34 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,351 Likes on 1,110 Posts
On a really cold day it was nice to be inside watching the Scotties play downs in Moose Jaw.
Congratulations on that Explorer Sherm, hopefully it keeps on humming along like my F150.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:59 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Happy Monday mornin'all. Have a great day guy's.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:29 AM
NotEnoughTrucks2014
Fleet Mechanic
Received 98 Likes on 72 Posts
Last week of February already!

At least the cold temps are losing their grip. Sure is windy though.

Cabin fever is setting in. Can hardly wait for some springtime weather. All of last years unfinished projects will be poking their heads out of the snow soon.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:30 AM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Morning FTE, HAPPY Monday

Winds are blowin out of the south here today. Warm air coming in and LEAVING by midnight!!! Hwy's already dumped salt/gravel down the road. Looks like it will be sheer ice by tomorrow after what melts, freezes. Oh well, been a slow winter for them so gotta keep busy running up and down roads wearing out equiptment and loggin hours. Funny thing is, i'll bet in about 2 hours they'll be back down the road with the blade down.....you know what that means.

Both the chicklets are home today. Both sick still. Decided not to go out in the snow yesterday as they were both not feelin the best. Glad I didn't. So it's a DADDY DAY!!!!! Stock up the stove in the shop, fire up the big screen and PS3 and Game on!!

Originally Posted by 96sherm
We bought a 2015 Explorer Curtis. Way too many technological and electrical gadgets for my liking. Told my wife if it starts to give us grief its going down the road and I'll replace it with a '79 bronco.

You really log the miles on that sled. Kudos for that Back when my wife had a 2007 Phazer I could keep up with 160hp sleds on a twisty trail, get left behind on the straights. I hated that phazer though, something kept draining the battery and reverse kept F'ing up... It was useless in deep snow too, even with the 1 1/2" track.
Awesome, I absolutly love the look of those explorers. All the cops here in Wpg have those. White with black rims, Interceptor package. Murdered look models, SUPER SEXY!! But the wife didn't like them so we bought here a 14 Excape. Same thing. Electronics out the wazzoo. Funny, every time I drive hers I always forget to turn the lights on. It has auto but she don't use that. It's so bright in the dash that for some reason I think the lights are on. Even the screen right in front of me doesn't show them on the little car icon, I still forget. Dangerous as hell. Came all the way home from Home Depot the other day without them on. Something about the brightness of the dash that leaves me feeling they are on already. Warning bells, whistles, radio shuts off if you don't buckle up, parks itself blah blah blah but NOTHING for if your driving without them on to warn you...........

Phazers have their issues. With yours being the 07 (brand new to the market) it probably didn't have the 45 updates done to it leaving it vunerable in the reliable department. My 07 was 12000 kms of pure reliability. New owner has logged another 1500kms on it. She came from the states as an eX race sled. TwoBrothers Racing. Cooper 10C as the pilot. 97% logged on trails by my lonesome!! Broke the pivot arm 4 times but that's purely abuses on my part. Both my 07 and 14 have issues going into reverse sometimes. Once idle is in the range it likes to shift at it's flawless. The 07 you have to give a wiggle left/right sometimes to engage or line up secondary. There was an update shim for that. ANyho, no two machines are alike. But for the most part I like to ride and the lil 14 Phazer was in my budget range. I'd love a New Viper but almost double the money all said and done. That's even splurging and buying the XTX 144"

Old 02-23-2015, 07:46 PM
Corner Gas
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My 2012 Phazer has been great so far. Didn't like the deep snow at first so I put on different skis to keep the front end up and it behaves much better. Next upgrade may be a longer track.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:05 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ATV PRO #11
Awesome, I absolutly love the look of those explorers. All the cops here in Wpg have those. White with black rims, Interceptor package. Murdered look models, SUPER SEXY!! But the wife didn't like them so we bought here a 14 Excape. Same thing. Electronics out the wazzoo. Funny, every time I drive hers I always forget to turn the lights on. It has auto but she don't use that. It's so bright in the dash that for some reason I think the lights are on. Even the screen right in front of me doesn't show them on the little car icon, I still forget. Dangerous as hell. Came all the way home from Home Depot the other day without them on. Something about the brightness of the dash that leaves me feeling they are on already. Warning bells, whistles, radio shuts off if you don't buckle up, parks itself blah blah blah but NOTHING for if your driving without them on to warn you...........
Yeah those bright dashes are retarded. I've turned ours down as far as it'll go. Hard to see past it in the dark when driving. We leave our lights on the auto setting. Its worked well on every other vehicle we've had with them, so far nothing has fudged up and drained the battery. I have been forgetful before and left lights on in a manual lights vehicle. The dings and chimes for every little thing make me wonder how people will survive when the solar flare hits and we actually have to think for ourselves.

Originally Posted by Corner Gas
My 2012 Phazer has been great so far. Didn't like the deep snow at first so I put on different skis to keep the front end up and it behaves much better. Next upgrade may be a longer track.
The ski's are a great upgrade. I didn't keep the sled long enough to find out but know a few people who did that and were happier.

Well, I'm minus a Dodge/Cummins truck. Guy came today and took it away. Now to wait for the highways to go back to sensible and head into Regina to look at and hopefully pick up the '09 F150. Morris, I did it all for you...

Have a great night Boys. Stay off the highways, they're crazy nasty after the heat and wind today. It will be an episode of Red Bull Crashed Ice I'm sure

Quick Reply: No topic thread,,, Part 2