JWC 3
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Stay safe all!

Old 02-01-2015, 05:22 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How's it going down there John? Pretty quiet in here today...

Old 02-01-2015, 05:39 PM
JWC 3
Lead Driver
Quiet rainy day here . Temps in the 40,s snow/ice possible tonight . 32 * for the high tomorrow . Family life is a bit tossed up , kids having problems with autos and such . Spent yesterday after work putting a clutch in my son- inlaw's nissan . 4 hours start to finish in his stanza . Not to bad . Life ... something new each day ! Work is hectic , covered up ! A sudden rash of old AMC vehicles ? Someone let the word out that I work on them ! I have not seen 4 in a parking lot , at the same time , in Years ! Much less at my shop , at the same time . Add those , hard to get parts for , to the normal stuff , more than I can handle at times .
That said , how are things up North ? Staying warm I hope .

Old 02-01-2015, 06:06 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Hope your family appreciates the value in having your ability to help them. Things are fine in the North. A bit chilly, but that's what clothes and wood stoves were created for.

Just had a session of understanding the simplicity of saying "thank-you" and "you're welcome" for things with my youngest. She's a stubborn little twit, but we finally got her to say it. Those simple little battles of trying to instill decency into our future... Its not easy to use patience and win, but I feel it is rewarding and worth the effort. I see too many parents not taking the time to teach and enforce these simple human decencies... One of my older girls little friends was at our house once for a meal, no manners were used, so I asked if she could use them. "My parents don't make me say that" was her reply... "Well...you're in my house now, kiddo...and we use our manners here." I'm proud to say that our efforts are rewarded with strangers noticing how our kids behave differently compared to other kids of the same age.

Talked to the owner of the '97 F250 that I posted the link to this am. Sounds like a very nice truck and a decent deal. I have a cousin that lives in that area, he's a car buff and very particular guy, he will go take a look at it for me and give me his opinion on what its worth.

Have a great evening John, and everyone!!

Old 02-01-2015, 06:29 PM
JWC 3
Lead Driver
Manners seem to be a distant memory anymore . Glad you are teaching them to your children ! They are needed today , but , rarely used .
As I throw a log on the fire , I remember my mother cooking on a wood stove . If I did not use manners , I was Taught them then and there ! A bit of " teaching " is a good thing .
Have a good one yourself , and all .

Old 02-01-2015, 08:43 PM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Evening boys!! Just checkin in before I finally sit down and watch the movie "Ted". Everyones telling me its great so we will see how long I can sit still for :P

John.....SOOOOOO TRUE!!!
Sherm.....You know how I feel about the mannors thing, you'll have some rare chicklets there in the future. At a time when going for jobs/sports whatever, THEY will stand out!!
Grant.....Send that storm our way please, this low snow season is killin me. Pacing around the mancave. Taking the kids to the local rink, indoor and out just to kill some energy. Picked a crappy season to buy a new one da$&it .
Tim.....nice to see Admin of a site making rounds on a regular basis. My Yamaha based 4 stroke site is the same way!!

She was -42 w/chill here last night before bed, forgot to plug in the eX. She fired right up this mornin. Grumpy, but she woke up!!

Old 02-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Corner Gas
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Busy celebrating birthdays today, we had three to celebrate today and in two weeks we have three more to celebrate. Have a good night and stay warm.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:53 PM
Randy_270
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Evening everyone. Not much new for me. My dad and I are pretty sure the fuel pump in his truck decided to end its life, it cranks and cranks but the engine wont turn over. Its too cold to work on it and the garage in town uses wood stove to heat his shop so he doesn't do fuel pumps in the winter.

Curtis, that snow blower would clear any amount of snow lol

Sherwin, that is a nice truck you are looking at. As for manners, I don't have any kids but when I do in the future, you better believe they will say please and thank you. And its not even just kids, there are plenty of adults that don't know how to use those words either.

Morris, glad to hear you are celebrating this time around

Old 02-02-2015, 05:49 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Morning everyone... -19 outside this am. I can respect that. 10 degrees warmer than it was this time last year!!

Collin, it seems you are on an emotional roller coaster lately. So many funerals, then all these birthdays...

Randy, the 92-96 (97 super duty) trucks are my favorite years. My first Ford was a 96 F150, plain jane truck, 2wd, power nothing, not even cruise control. Its the truck I wish I had kept the most. I've often thought about leaving a note and buying it back off the people who own it now, but its gone downhill quite a bit since I sold it, and would be getting close to 400k. This one I've found would be a better replacement. 4x4 is a must, and being an F250 I still have a decent capacity for a farm truck. Also it is in very good shape, very well taken care of, and what I can pick it up for is much less than it would cost to purchase and restore the '96 I once had.

Curtis, you can come take the little snow we have. Its too late in the year to get a pile of snow now in my mind... My sled is up for sale.

Have a great day everyone!!

Old 02-02-2015, 08:15 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Happy Monday mornin'all. Have a great day guy's.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:55 AM
NotEnoughTrucks2014
Fleet Mechanic
Received 98 Likes on 72 Posts
Lots of sled selling going on these days.

I traded my 06 Apex for a quad early this winter. Sorry to see it go, bought it new, but really had not ridden it for the last few years. Not sure I'll ride the quad either, but they seem to be an easier sell if I want to cash out.

Snow conditions and general weather are only part of it. I remember the season starting in early November and running till March. Now we don't have decent snow cover till Christmas, then it gets cold. Too cold, too fast. Last winter was much colder than this year, but it was more typical. I usually expect the deep freeze till the end of February. Maybe 6 weeks of decent sledding weather and it just gets tougher to fit the rest of life in with an active sledding schedule.

I started sledding in the early 70's. My cousins had an Arctic Cat Panther with that big 640cc engine. Somehow I conned my dad into buying a new 74 Arctic Cat 340 Lynx. Terrible sled, never could keep it running. All these years later, I feel really bad about making my dad spend scarce funds on that disaster!

They legislated all the fun out of sledding years ago. Back in the day, you rode every second you could, which really was not that much because most of the time you were fixing your broken sled. You could sled from your doorstep, even in town. We regularly rode our sleds to school. Nowadays, you pretty much must trailer to the trail. I also ran out of friends to ride with. Everybody got out of it and the younger crowd really don't want to run with an old guy like me. I just slow them down!

Enough Monday morning reminiscing. Have a great day everyone.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:55 AM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic
Morning chaps!!
Ahhhhh, this slow season with a twist of no snow and the lack of smoking around here is slowely leading me to sleep longer and longer everyday :P Lots of munchies, pop blahhhhhhhh......Time to start reversing that gut!!! Decided, after 3 days of skating, to jump back on the elliptical and move around on the flex. Heck, I'm so outa shape, I was breathing yesterday after chasing the kids around like I was still a smoker. There was a pile of people there and I was even trying to get some dads to play tag. Alot of cell phones out with heads down

Have a Braaaptastic day everyone!!

Old 02-02-2015, 10:19 AM
444BOWHUNTER
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 F-150 XLT LED NIGHTMARE!!!!!!

Help!!!! For over a month now I have been trying to install LED turn signals (switchbacks) into my 2013 F-150 Eco......
Nothing seems to work, I installed load resistors.....when truck is off, all works fine at first....when engine is on, nothing works.....then yesterday, I went through a car wash, and everything was going haywire....like I had turned on my hazards.....but they were not on.....bad ground?????
Anything anyone can help with would be awesome. This has been a nightmare for me.....I used Distant Xtremes 3157 Switchback, and they are garbage, and their customer service is ok, but they act like your an idiot about wiring.....please help, I'm scared I really screwed something up.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:36 AM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic
Not the best place to post Bowhunter. Try the F150 forum for probably many more answers and quicker responses.

To chime in on the issue:
1) I tried LED's in my eX (tail lights only), because the PCM could not detect a certain voltage the TCM (not knowing if I was actually applying my brakes when at speeds, hence the voltage feedback)did not shift the truck properly. Air cond would come on, fans would switch to high or Defrost. Would not shift gears and stumbled around between gears.
2) My cousin messed around with LED's in his 2013 Edge. Ended up costing, believe it or not, autopac 15G to repair wiring as the problem could not be figured out by any tech's thrown at it. All new harness, computers, labour ect ect ect.

Got most of my info here bud

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...n-signals.html

Old 02-02-2015, 10:39 AM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic

Quick Reply: No topic thread,,, Part 2