Manitoba / Saskatchewan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fomoko1

No topic thread,,, Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 09:38 PM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Randy: Whatever you do, don't sell your snowmobile helmet. You'll need to wear it when you do that Pointing to the ring thing.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:50 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,344 Likes on 1,104 Posts
Good evening to Grant, Colin, Clint, Gerry, Curtis, Trent, Sherm, John, Randy and all who lurk here.
There is a lot to catch up on in the last two days...
Sorry to hear of ChooChoo passing away a week ago, losing a pet always tears me up for a long time. I`m glad to hear that you held him him till the last goodbyes were said.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:01 AM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Randy_270
Welcome back Curtis, howdy to everyone else here.

hopefully tomorrow I'll get our driveway all shoveled and go shovel the steps for my sisters place and my dads place.

Thanks Randy. I appoligize for not getting a chance to hook up last time your were out. Got really busy
To make it up to you i'll have my new Blower shipped out via chopper for you to do your driveway
Snow Blower Powered by a Chevy V8 Car Engine

Morris, thank you. As weird as it may sound to some, I'm honestly very lucky to have had that connection with ChooChoo!! One look and I just knew. Of coarse, things lead up to it where I was really keeping a close eye on him. Still hear him giving a lil bark at supper time here and there!!! Just like he used to

Old 01-31-2015, 07:50 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Morning Boys... A chilly one here today, but looking to the future gives a guy hope.

Been 2 years since we said goodbye to our Rottie and it still chokes me up when I think about her. Our Boxer is so much like her in actions its sometimes like she never left. I'm hoping my Lab is immortal...

May be an interesting day today. I'm picking up a water softener and toilet... I would say by this evening there will be a blue cloud of smoke over our acreage, and the kids will be wandering around saying "F-Sakes"...

Have a great day everyone... Momma is off to get her first tattoo today...

Old 01-31-2015, 08:40 AM
NotEnoughTrucks2014
Fleet Mechanic
Received 98 Likes on 72 Posts
Brrrr.

Back into that deep freeze thing for a couple days. Looks better for a week from now on the long range forecast.

In dog related news...Made a little impromptu trip to Yorkton yesterday. We have a German Shepard that needs a daily run for exercise and she occasionally finds something smelly to roll in. And she did. Yorkton Coop car wash has a dog wash room which is just the ticket for these occasions. Ride back to Melville was much easier on the nose!

Old 01-31-2015, 09:15 AM
Corner Gas
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Another Saturday at the rink, should be fun. Have a good day everyone.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:46 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Happy Saturday mornin'all. It's quiet around here. Jordan is in Tampa Bay playing hockey. He left Wed. and'll be back Sun. There's even enough food for the 3 of us for a change. Sherm, is she getting a Grant tatoo? No snow in my driveway, the wind just blows it away, but she sure is slippery from the melting, freezing rain, and the lite sciff of snow on top. I didn't look too gracious walking to my van yesterday morning. Good luck on the game today Colin. We'll be spending the afternoon at the rink with Kalan. He's on the 9yr old elite team, and we really enjoy watching them play. A great bunch of kid's and parent's. What are the plan's on the truck for this weekend John? I'm just going to be cleaning small part's this weekend. Have a great day guy's. Stay warm.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:00 AM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by 96sherm

Been 2 years since we said goodbye to our Rottie and it still chokes me up when I think about her. Our Boxer is so much like her in actions its sometimes like she never left. I'm hoping my Lab is immortal...

Have a great day everyone... Momma is off to get her first tattoo today...
Can totally respect that. This is my 3rd dog. Scotty poodle, Rambo Lab (still think of him) and now Chooch. Dont' know if I can do another

Good luck on the tat Ms Sherm!!

Originally Posted by NotEnoughTrucks2014
Brrrr.

Back into that deep freeze thing for a couple days. Looks better for a week from now on the long range forecast.

In dog related news...Made a little impromptu trip to Yorkton yesterday. We have a German Shepard that needs a daily run for exercise and she occasionally finds something smelly to roll in. And she did. Yorkton Coop car wash has a dog wash room which is just the ticket for these occasions. Ride back to Melville was much easier on the nose!
Thats the worst. It's usually a pile of crap or somthing that's been dead for awhile. And they come home so proud!! My other dog we kinda donated to a neighbor in need deals with that now.

Originally Posted by Corner Gas
Another Saturday at the rink, should be fun. Have a good day everyone.
Good luck Colin!!

Originally Posted by yamagrant
Happy Saturday mornin'all. It's quiet around here. Jordan is in Tampa Bay playing hockey. He left Wed. and'll be back Sun. There's even enough food for the 3 of us for a change. Sherm, is she getting a Grant tatoo? No snow in my driveway, the wind just blows it away, but she sure is slippery from the melting, freezing rain, and the lite sciff of snow on top. I didn't look too gracious walking to my van yesterday morning. Good luck on the game today Colin. We'll be spending the afternoon at the rink with Kalan. He's on the 9yr old elite team, and we really enjoy watching them play. A great bunch of kid's and parent's. What are the plan's on the truck for this weekend John? I'm just going to be cleaning small part's this weekend. Have a great day guy's. Stay warm.
Going to be a fun day today here. Got the fire rollin in the mancave, change out the sliders on the new sled, tinker with Cams new Suzi quad, then off to Selkirk to get skates sharpend and buy some sticks for the kidlets!! Had so much fun skating yesterday, even mumzie, we are going to make it a regular thing!! They built a new family rink in Tyndall MB. 2 nice nets, shovels, benches, LED lighting (never shuts off) and I forgot how fun it is to have a stick in your hand trying to do the moves you used to 30 years ago. Still got it (in my mind of coarse )

Randy, you like the snowblower link I sent ya

Old 01-31-2015, 10:01 AM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic
AND, good morning to all else that chime in today!!!!

Old 01-31-2015, 10:27 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Grant...if you look like a feather...lol. I think she's getting a graffiti feather or something like that, on the inside of her forearm. She's planning on a flower scheme down her ribcage to signify the family birth months or something. Today was an introduction to the whole tattooing idea lol. I hope she's prepared mentally for a whole raft of judgement from her family. They're not very open minded, but very quick and harsh to judge. Just what you would expect from "practicing Christians".

Curtis...get another pooch... As much as I hate parting with them, I couldn't imagine life without one, or two...

Ray, nice looking Sheppard. I've wanted one for a while as a yard/guard dog on the acreage, but I know that it would end up another bed/couch pooch like our current 2. For that reason I'm resisting the urge to pick up every puppy I come upon.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:24 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Hello to all...crazy winter weather. Stay safe everyone!

Old 01-31-2015, 12:34 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,118 Likes on 2,648 Posts
Originally Posted by yamagrant

Should be getting all my parts on Tuesday, just in time for my days off. I have to go and pick up the rear diff from the wreckers during that time off as well.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:07 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Morning Fellas... Its a cold one this am. in the -30's with the wind.

Have a great day everyone!!

Old 02-01-2015, 09:07 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Happy Sunday mornin'all. Just heard from one of Jordan's coaches, that due to weather in the IL, IN area his flight from Tampa has been cancelled. The earliest he can get home is Tuesday night via Denver. The kid's have to take 3 seperate flight's, with the last group getting home Wednesday midnite. Have a great day guy's (Jordan's not complaining tho)
Posted 4 hours, 57 minutes ago

Winter Storm Warning now in effect until 2 pm CST this afternoon.
Blizzard Warning in effect from 2 pm this afternoon to midnight CST tonight.

The National Weather Service in Chicago has issued a Blizzard Warning, which is in effect from 2 pm this afternoon to midnight CST tonight. A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 2 pm CST.
  • Timing: snow, heavy at times, will continue until early evening. Blizzard conditions will develop late this afternoon and continue this evening, especially near the lake and in more open areas.
  • Winds/visibility: Northeast winds will increase to 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph this afternoon, with even stronger winds near the lake. The combination of falling and blowing snow will frequently reduce visibilities to near zero in white out conditions late this afternoon and evening.
  • Snow accumulations: 10 to 15 inches, with isolated totals up to 18 inches possible.
  • Main impact: snow covered roads will make travel difficult. By afternoon, the combination of the snow and very strong winds will make travel extraordinarily dangerous.
...WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM CST THIS
AFTERNOON...

...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO
MIDNIGHT CST TONIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHICAGO HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD
WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO MIDNIGHT
CST TONIGHT. A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM
CST.

* TIMING...SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES...WILL CONTINUE UNTIL EARLY
EVENING. BLIZZARD CONDITIONS WILL DEVELOP LATE THIS AFTERNOON
AND CONTINUE THIS EVENING...ESPECIALLY NEAR THE LAKE AND IN
MORE OPEN AREAS.

* WINDS/VISIBILITY...NORTHEAST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 20 TO 30 MPH
WITH GUSTS TO 40 MPH THIS AFTERNOON...WITH EVEN STRONGER WINDS
NEAR THE LAKE. THE COMBINATION OF FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WILL
FREQUENTLY REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO NEAR ZERO IN WHITE OUT
CONDITIONS LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...10 TO 15 INCHES...WITH ISOLATED TOTALS UP
TO 18 INCHES POSSIBLE.

* MAIN IMPACT...SNOW COVERED ROADS WILL MAKE TRAVEL DIFFICULT. BY
AFTERNOON...THE COMBINATION OF THE SNOW AND VERY STRONG WINDS
WILL MAKE TRAVEL EXTRAORDINARILY DANGEROUS.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:18 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Sounds like a dandy storm rolling in there Grant!!

I found a gem on kijiji... Having my cousin look into it... 1997 Ford F250 HD 4X4 (OBS) Eddie Bauer | classic cars | Saskatoon | Kijiji

Quick Reply: No topic thread,,, Part 2