Manitoba / Saskatchewan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fomoko1

No topic thread,,, Part 2

Old 12-08-2014, 11:44 AM
tjcprop
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Light dusting of snow, not enough to clear but enough for salt on parking lots. Im going to rusty out every vehicle in Peg one vehicle at a time.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:38 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Morning Fellas. Someone's about to turn up the heat!! 0 for a high today then above 0 for the rest of the week. Craziness.

There was a train/semi collision here yesterday. It happened around noon on the far east crossing in town, the train stretched across the entire city blocking all crossings and main streets in the city. We got back to town around 5:30, took us 1/2 hr to wiggle our way out of the city again, across country to get around the train, then back into the city. Talk about aggravating. I've said a million times. There is nothing safe about having 6+ crossings within one city. Especially when in a case like yesterday, the entire public safety services (police, fire, ambulance) were all cut off by the train. Fortunately no one was hurt.

Looking forward to having our out-of-town job locked up for a while. Time to get back on the addition and get it closed in!! Momma is excited to have that happening!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Old 12-09-2014, 08:01 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Happy Tuesday morning'all. Sherm; It seems we have the same problem with train's here. They seem to only cross the busy roads at rush-hour. Any word on the truck G? Have a great day guy's.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:02 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,128 Likes on 1,681 Posts
A lot of towns have tracks down the middle, we have tracks here too, its just a matter of time before something BIG happens

No word yet G, I have a member in Brampton that MIGHT go down for me, oh well

Old 12-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Fomoko1
Received 1,340 Likes on 1,102 Posts
Another super nice day!
How did you like that 450 Suzuki King quad Sherm? I may keep my 700 King quad for now since it`s so much lighter and seems to be way more nimble than this much heavier 850. I didn't really get to try it out much since on Sunday the drive belt broke, I bought a couple of new ones yesterday and if I get time I`ll change it today. I see there was another accident in Yorkton besides the train truck one: http://globalnews.ca/news/1716272/on...on-sask-crash/
Any more on that 56 Gerry? Looks like a very nice driver. I`m looking at buying this 56 F100, it`s a decent parts truck that may turn into a future project.
I`m glad you are salting away in Winterpeg tjcprop but there`s plenty of it here too.

Attached Images  
Old 12-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
No news yet Morris, Grant may need some parts off that ^^^^

Old 12-09-2014, 06:20 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Fomoko1
Another super nice day!
How did you like that 450 Suzuki King quad Sherm? I may keep my 700 King quad for now since it`s so much lighter and seems to be way more nimble than this much heavier 850.

I see there was another accident in Yorkton besides the train truck one: One dead in two-vehicle Yorkton, Sask. crash | Globalnews.ca
I loved that 450 KingQuad. Wish I had never sold it, can't remember why I did. It was tough as nails, and I put it through its paces. We derby'd with it lots in the forest and muskeg, it overheated once from the rad full of mud, but once I relocated it to the top rack it wouldn't stop. Towed my buddy's Grizzly back to the truck more than once.

I never would have thought that the KQ was lighter than the Sportsman, but it is by nearly 100lbs!! WOW!!!

The second crash was because of stupid people trying to wiggle around the blocked train crossings. Idiots. Instead of slowing down and using caution, they were ripping around, cutting illegal u-turns and whatnot. I'm surprised there was only one extra accident. Rubberneckers were nearly causing other accidents all over the place.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:44 PM
tjcprop
Elder User

Carhatt seat covers on 250

Just like the work jackets

Had these installed today. Also had a shock sensor alarm added to factory alarm.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Corner Gas
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Those seat covers look good.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:54 PM
tjcprop
Elder User
Originally Posted by Corner Gas
Those seat covers look good.
Carhatt jackets can take abuse. Lets see how these covers handle my employees.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Corner Gas
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The jackets and pants last a long time hope the seat covers last as long.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Randy_270
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Evening everyone!

Morris, that is a nice machine you got. Too bad its a poolaris, is it brand new?

Gerry, that is a nice looking 56! Whats the drivetrain in it?

Grant, what colour are you painting your 56?

Sherwin, are you almost done your new addition?

So for myself, I showed my sister the profile of her boyfriend on the dating site... for now she is living with us but I have a bad feeling that she is going to go back to that ********... He does not deserve my sister and my sister deserves better than him. If she goes back to him, there really isn't much I can do. I wont be mean to him because I simply wont talk to him. Hopefully he'll just leave, but I doubt we would get that lucky.

Stay safe and warm everyone.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:56 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Randy it has a 302 HO Ford with Mustang 4 speed, sounds like its sold plus I dont really want orange....

Good luck with your sister

Old 12-10-2014, 07:03 AM
tjcprop
Elder User
So the 150 is in shop getting both lower control arms, upper control arms, lower/upper ball joints, both springs and shocks replaced today. Having a 1100lbs plow on this lifted truck sure took its toll.

Merry Christmas to me

Gigger which alarm did your new truck come with?

Old 12-10-2014, 07:18 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Randy_270
Morris, that is a nice machine you got. Too bad its a poolaris, is it brand new?

Sherwin, are you almost done your new addition?

So for myself, I showed my sister the profile of her boyfriend on the dating site... for now she is living with us but I have a bad feeling that she is going to go back to that ********... He does not deserve my sister and my sister deserves better than him. If she goes back to him, there really isn't much I can do. I wont be mean to him because I simply wont talk to him. Hopefully he'll just leave, but I doubt we would get that lucky.

While Polaris may not be the best quad out there, it does have the best ride quality, and for the moment, the most power You must be one of those Can Am ***** Randy...

My addition is not anywhere near done. I got 1/2 one side of the roof sheeted then lost steam when the weather turned sour. It will be sealed up over the next couple days then interior work can commence.

Really, really try to get your sister seeing straight. Too many good women have had their lives ruined because they were afraid of letting go and moving on. I can see how if someone has been with another person for a long time that it may be difficult to be "alone" for very long, but hey...isn't there "plenty of fish"? Poor joke for the situation... Anyway, that's my relationship advice for the day. I'm working through my 10th year of marriage, I've heard that my wife had a deadbeat and abusive boyfriend before me... Its upsetting to hear about.

Seen a woman in Wal-mart the other day with 2 black eyes... I'll bet she listens the next time...

Bad joke but I had to tell it...

Morning Fellas, its nice and warm out already...waiting for the sun to come up so we can get rocking. Going to try to make a trip to Swan River to get some more firewood.

TJ, I have a buddy with a plumbing company. He's outfit everyone of his F150 Fleet with those Carhart covers. They are great for protecting the seats. Do they have a soft lining on the inside? I would be concerned about the tough material of the Carhart rubbing on the cloth upholstery of the seats and fraying it...

Have a great day everyone!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No topic thread,,, Part 2