Manitoba / Saskatchewan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fomoko1

No topic thread,,, Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,346 Likes on 1,105 Posts
Another totally awesome day here, why can`t it be summer all yr long....
It sounds like a really nice time spending time with fellow FTE folks Gerry.
I hate roofing but it is really expensive to get it done, good on you that you can do it yourself.
Which 2 tractors did you take to the auction and how did you make out Sherm? I`m thinking of maybe selling my Ford 850 but not ready to part with it just yet since it runs so nice and works great for cutting my grass. I certainly don`t want to give it away so I`m wondering how much interest there is in older tractors.
Getting animals to take care of the grass but be careful where you step.....

Old 08-02-2015, 02:52 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,141 Likes on 1,685 Posts
Thx Morris, yes we're having a great time with Carl and his bride
there was a big car show on the main drag, sorry no pics yet

Old 08-02-2015, 07:10 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,120 Likes on 2,649 Posts

We waited for you to show up for this picture Gerry but the wife's arms were getting sore so she just snapped the shot and said the heck with it.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Thats OK John, looks like you made memories too

Old 08-02-2015, 09:07 PM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking good there john n grant!!

Roof worked out good today. Lucky high was only 21. And a solid cool n/w wind. Solid 10hrs with 3 of us. 70 bundles. Small hip over front door and cut in extra vents. Downside is old blue (12' tandem flat deck with sides) gave out. Saw blue smoke behind me and fender broke away and flatspotted my sidewalls on two tires. You know you have a good woman when you get home, show her why I'm considering a dump trailer and she shows me her "watch" ads on kijiji. "Dump trailers" what a sweetie!!!

Anyho, Morris, Gerry, Sherm, Grant, John and all others that check in...... Have an outstanding evening.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:04 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Morning boys. Looks like another sweet one today...moderate temps and a light breeze. Lets keep it coming. I love the low 20's!!

Originally Posted by Fomoko1
Which 2 tractors did you take to the auction and how did you make out Sherm? I`m thinking of maybe selling my Ford 850 but not ready to part with it just yet since it runs so nice and works great for cutting my grass. I certainly don`t want to give it away so I`m wondering how much interest there is in older tractors.
Getting animals to take care of the grass but be careful where you step.....
I took the Farmall and the Allis Chalmers to the auction. Neither of them ran this year, I don't have time, patience, nor extra cash kicking around to play with them...especially since they are somewhat useless to me. Every now and then I buy stuff on impulse, then remember I'm not a collector of things I don't need. I paid 1200/each for them last year both running, the auction owner figures to get at least that for them in non running condition. I hope he's right as I don't really want to lose money. At least I have the space free that they were taking up.

Its hard to say what the 850 would sell for. Last year I looked at a 8n with a newer finishing mower for $4500. It was in immaculate condition and ran perfectly. Biggest drawback was the mower being a 6' with side discharge. I ended up buying a 6' finishing mower with rear discharge for $1600 and use my 3038E.

Curtis that sounds like you guys made good time on the roof. Was that an R&R job? What are you getting for shingle labor there?

Cool pics John!! Nice that Grant got to meet up with you!!

Have a great day guys!! I'm laying bets Gerry is playing pool again today...

Old 08-03-2015, 09:46 AM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic

Originally Posted by 96sherm
Morning boys. Looks like another sweet one today...moderate temps and a light breeze.

Curtis that sounds like you guys made good time on the roof. Was that an R&R job? What are you getting for shingle labor there?

Have a great day guys!! I'm laying bets Gerry is playing pool again today...
Ya, she was a complete. Added some extra venting, replaced a sheet of osb on garage. I did a complete exterior Reno last summer for them and didn't nickel and dime for sheet replacement or the 8' hunk of fascia board. While sheet off I saw there was no insulation in that area. (Heated garage/workshop ) so I did what I could to get some up against the edge, then suggested they get a bag, cut an access hole and fix up the remaining. Shop was vapoured but without electrical boxs done. So the humid air is just running right up the light socket into that area. Built 12 years ago. Fella must have ran out of insulation, no vapour barrier around boxes, maybe 10 nails holding a sheet on(ran my gun around with 2"ers ) no "h" clips and to top it off, no ridge braces. We had to be careful to stay on trusses. (Of coarse I recommended a complete re sheet)
Depending on site I'm anywhere from $222-$250/sq using the full "certaineed" package. We had wind damage on our place and considered an insurance claim. Had a quote from their "approved" contractor. Holy smokers. Lol. I know I'm well within a valuable range for the customer. I haven't seen a single roof in the new development area here with anything under the shingle. That windstorm damaged 60% of the $3-500,000 homes there. All raw osb under shingle. And you should see the patchwork done. Some look 100%, others, you can totally see where the patches were done. Unbelievable IMHO. Agreed, code (currently) doesn't require anything but ice n water but come on people. 130 dollar roll of synthetic wrap as a second line of defence or even just tar paper. It protects absolutely every thing you own.
Pretty passionate about what I do so beg my pardon on the long post

Great photos there Gerry, we seem to be posting almost at the same time lately.

Was going to take day off today but decided to clean up the enclosed trailer, try and fix old blue (gotta get her to the dump without pippin a tire), then Home Depot run to grab some 3" couplers and extend stacks on yesterday's job.

Hope you boys enjoy the holiday Monday!!!

Old 08-03-2015, 10:37 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Happy Monday mornin'all. We had a great visit with John Yesterday In Kenora. His Panel up close and personal, is one of the nicest vehicle's I've seen. Big time inspiration. The boy's were also very impressed. They went on non stop with Dawn how cool it is. (point's for me). I agree it's a nice day to get some outside project's done. Nice pic's Gerry. Could of used you in the pic's of John and I. Have a great day guy's.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
It would have been a long drive for me to get my picture taken Grant,
glad your boys enjoyed it all

I have a fellow FTEer here from Florida so I couldnt be there

Old 08-04-2015, 05:50 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Morning boys. Got dark again last night...wtf. Took the kids down to see the sheep we're getting soon. I have a little left on the fence then we're good to go. They're fun little animals, more like goats or deer than the woolly sheep everyone thinks about. We plan on using them for meat, but it may be difficult if they become tame and used to us. We'll wind up having to sell lambs and buy one already butchered I don't take pleasure in killing, though its part of a necessary process in order to eat.

Back to work today...could have really used a few extra days in this weekend. Time passes so quickly these days.

Gerry, send Grant a pic of you and your visitor standing in front of a building. They can photoshop you into the pic with them and the panel truck I remember reading a story of a young university student who told everyone she was taking a trip to Europe. She would sent pics every day of her in front of different monuments and land marks there, but never left her dorm. She did the whole thing through photoshopping. No one every questioned the pics...

If anyone is missing their mosquitos and black flies, they're here around our place. Kindly appreciate if you could call them back. Dragon flies are nearly as big as Robins now, lots of eating for them!!

Curtis, sounds like your prices may be a little lower than here. We're around $280/square for R&R...this is what insurance is paying. That's material and labor of course. I did pretty well on one job last year, didn't have time to do it myself so subbed it out to another guy. Turns out he works cheap but still turns out a great job. I didn't hire him because of price, I was just happy to keep my customer satisfied. Turned out well for everyone.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Old 08-04-2015, 07:29 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Good morning guys, I never tried photoshop Sherm,
I know I cant be in 2 places at the same time...

Old 08-04-2015, 08:00 AM
ATV PRO #11
Fleet Mechanic

Morning FTE

Sherm, ya. Insurance once I did the math on what their guys quoted was around 320/sq. neighbours at 280 ish but advertised the 50yr warranty. (He's actually accredited by certainteed). I don't sell that because I give my customers the opportunity to phone whatever vendor is on their roof from 12-15 years ago and try and claim warranty on their 25yr 3 tabbers. Hasn't happend yet. Some have actually tried, including myself. I had no luck and mine are 15 yrs old. So I'm completely straight up with them. Do I think the new style wil hold up much longer, YES, will they last 50 years or even 35?? Only time will tell. I'm ok with where I'm at pricewise as I still make an honest profit and only overhead I have is me and the two year lease to own on my enclosed trailer

See what today has in store for me. Finishing up a bathroom Reno and a vicious lil guard dog lives there.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Old 08-04-2015, 09:13 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Happy Tuesday mornin'all. Feelin sore this mornin. I changed out all the lanscaping tie's in the yard. the old one's we're 20 yrs old. It was great weather to work outside. Brought my engine home yesterday, so I should have installed this week. I'm home looking after Kalan this week, so entertaining him will take up alot of time. Have a great day guy's.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:11 PM
Aaron-71
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Hope everyone had a safe and happy long weekend.

I had a fantastic long weekend. Did a little work on my truck. Not a lot of progress... but SUPER satisfying to have this complete:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post15548387

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

Old 08-05-2015, 05:49 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Morning boys... Raining today...that's all I have to say about that. Going to get more work done on my tattoo this evening. Hopefully turning my bicep owl into a full tree scene sleeve.

Great work there Aaron. I need to go to school again so I can have time for projects...

Have a great day guys!!

Quick Reply: No topic thread,,, Part 2