Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-04-2008, 06:34 AM
Post Fiend

bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
Information on the 6.0L for new owners

There have been a lot of new 6.0L owners posting lately, so I thought I would re-post this.

First - read the Tech Folder to begin learning, but after that ..............

I have accumulated quite a bit of information and a TON of links in two Excel spreadsheets. Much of the info is from this site, but there are many other sites that offer great info as well. I have included links to posts and other web sites on 50+ topics.

One spreadsheet is on general knowledge, troubleshooting, tech and service manuals, and general maintenance. The other is on available mods (thanks to Tex2505 on this one).

The spreadsheets are available to anyone who wants to send me a PM w/ their email address.

Almost all the information is backed up with links to threads that discuss the topic - so there will be references to the information. The information really isn't from me, it is from posts and threads from many techs and various well-respected members of the various Forums. The spreadseets are indexed and hyperlinked by topic to make it easy to find what you need.

Due to sites like these, I keep making them better every week.

Send me the PM if you are interested.
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270AXP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 07-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Freshman User

rsmarcil is starting off with a positive reputation.
One slight problem...us "newbies" can't use the PM feature

Nice gesture though.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Post Fiend

bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
(a lot of new 6.0L owners have been FTE members for quite a while - for them no problem. Sorry I did not think of the brand new forum members PM situation)

rsmarcil - I will try emailing you or look for an email address in your "User CP".
Edit:

Email sent to you.
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270AXP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 07-04-2008, 10:48 AM
New User

Janitor Pants is starting off with a positive reputation.
I can't send a pm either but would love to see the info if you could email it to me.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor Pants View Post
I can't send a pm either but would love to see the info if you could email it to me.
You have specified "not to receive emails" in your set up. You can click on my user name and send me an email with your email address (I think I have allowed emails).
Old 07-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Senior User

counciller is starting off with a positive reputation.
Also would appreciate an email - no PM available - thank you
counciller@yahoo.com
Old 07-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Freshman User

rsmarcil is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks bismic, e-mail sent back at you.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:20 PM
New User

Janitor Pants is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic View Post
You have specified "not to receive emails" in your set up. You can click on my user name and send me an email with your email address (I think I have allowed emails).
I couldn't see your email address, but I did change my profile to allow members to send me emails.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Postmaster

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
great post Mark...
Old 07-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Posting Guru

mxer0022 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mxer0022 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i too have the spreadsheets bismic is talking about. he sent them to me a few months ago. you can pm me with your email address as well if you would like them to try to take a little bit of the load off bismic.
autometer Phantom II Pyro, 0-60 boost and tranny temp gauges
SCT Xcal3 w/custom tunes
Old 07-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxer0022 View Post
i too have the spreadsheets bismic is talking about. he sent them to me a few months ago. you can pm me with your email address as well if you would like them to try to take a little bit of the load off bismic.
Thanks for offering AND for the great FTE contributions!
Old 07-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Junior User

M.Farragher is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yes, spreadsheets

I too would like to recieve the spreadsheets. My email is in my profile, and I have enabled "recieve emails from members". Thanks, Mark F.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:24 PM
New User

floyddc10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Could you please send them to me also? My e-mail is floyddc10@msn.com.
Thanks in advance...Dave
Old 07-04-2008, 10:14 PM
New User

sysmav is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would like the spreadsheet also. Not sure how to send a PM but if can send me the spreadsheet my e-mail is in my profile. Thanks much
Old 07-04-2008, 11:02 PM
New User

techdubz is starting off with a positive reputation.
just recently bought my newsed (new to me, but used) 06 f250 and then stumbled upon yalls site. looks great and very informative. i would love the spread sheet.

i believe my email is in my profile
Old 07-04-2008, 11:02 PM