Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

View Poll Results: Alternative Diesel Fuel Usage
I make and use Biodiesel 56 20.44%
I would like to make biodiesel 125 45.62%
I use straight veggie oil 40 14.60%
I use Waste motor oil 21 7.66%
I use a blend 33 12.04%
I purchase retail biodiesel 67 24.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2008, 09:28 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Biodiesel Roll Call

I've been wondering what the stats are for our bio forum. Do you make bio? would you like to? Use straight veggie oil, Waste motor oil, Blends? Try the Poll and let's see where it takes us.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 07-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Posting Guru

adambomb has a good reputation on FTE.adambomb has a good reputation on FTE.
i use biodiesel when i can find it and would like to convert to veggie oil.

2005 F350 6.0 (modded) ~450rwhp/900+ft/lb tq
1999 F350 7.3 (normal mods + 13" King Suspension on 40's)
1998 F150 (basic mods + 7" Suspension on 35's/Prerunner fiberglass and skidplace)
1994 Bronco (normal mods + 9" Coil Suspension on 35's)
Old 07-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
Don I think it's a good idea to see where everyone is, I voted but seems so far it's just me LOL.

RIP Steve Bricks. FTE will not be teh same.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilage to shake your hand and BS in person.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Posting Guru

adambomb has a good reputation on FTE.adambomb has a good reputation on FTE.
i think it is a good idea too. i would of voted but i didn't fit in any of the choices. at least i don't think i do...

2005 F350 6.0 (modded) ~450rwhp/900+ft/lb tq
1999 F350 7.3 (normal mods + 13" King Suspension on 40's)
1998 F150 (basic mods + 7" Suspension on 35's/Prerunner fiberglass and skidplace)
1994 Bronco (normal mods + 9" Coil Suspension on 35's)
Old 07-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Senior User

tradergem is starting off with a positive reputation.
I personally would like to make my own biodiesel as soon as I can make it happen. Maybe in a couple of months I will have the time for it.

Jim
1990 F250 XLT 7.3L N/A E4OD 4X4 4:10 axle ratios
Old 07-02-2008, 12:55 AM
Postmaster

empiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to all
i read and read and read some more. BIO was the only logical route to take. It's almost a second job collecting oil, but well worth it! My truck really seems to like the BIO. Been running almost 100%.

Please, do not text & drive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwfq7Igvxc

-David
Old 07-02-2008, 07:13 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Doh! I made the poll, and forgot to vote myself! I should of added another choice for buying commercial bio.............

Old 07-02-2008, 08:46 AM
Senior User

Oregon-Mike is starting off with a positive reputation.
I didn't vote because I'm a "none of the above" anymore. I buy b100 when it's warm and use it. 50˘ kickback on my state taxes doesn't hurt that either At one point I was hoping to set up a small processing plant at home but I've decided against it. The oil is harder & harder to come by here in Eugene. I do have about 60 gallons in my garage that I need to get filtered out & start blending in my tanks this summer.

After that I'm going to use my filtering setup for WMO instead. I think for the near foreseeable future that's going to be easier to come by than used veggie oil. My truck is not a daily driver, it only gets used when we need to pack the horse someplace for a show/camping etc. or for fence work/yard work & that kind of thing.

There's only one place in Eugene (retail anyway, I'm NOT getting a gas/fuel credit card) to get bio at all. It's fairly convenient if I drive the truck to work, not so much otherwise.

Mike
Old 07-02-2008, 09:02 AM

Good to see you in the bio forum, sorry to hear about the lack of oil there. It's just going to get worse, people are stealing oil from others, just a matter of time till some idiot shoots someone!

I just took on the CL for the Oregon Chapter. How about posting in there some? I'd like to get this chapter moving. After the breakup of the old chapter we haven't had a chapter leader. The Washington Chapter is doing very well now, and I think it's time we do too!

Now back to our regular programming...............

Old 07-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Postmaster

empiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabmandelux View Post
Doh! I made the poll, and forgot to vote myself! I should of added another choice for buying commercial bio.............

What type of blend do you mean? WVO/SVO blend or #2+bio blend?

Please, do not text & drive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwfq7Igvxc

-David
Old 07-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
The same goes to for me, I don't make my own; but do my part by buying retail bio when I can find it. B20 is usually what I'm burning because the only place within 50 miles of my house only sells B20. With the hot weather here...I'd really like to find some B50 (or higher) to burn.
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 07-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Elder User

TXHillCountry is starting off with a positive reputation.
I voted for "I make biodiesel", although it's a little premature.

We have a BioPro 190 on order, and our facility is ready to go. We are currently collecting wast VO from a variety of restaurants.

TX

2003 F250 6.0 PSD FX4 King Ranch Crew Cab Shortbed -> STOLEN, STRIPPED, TOTALED
Banks Six Gun with PDA Banks Monster Exhaust Banks Intake EGR Delete Kit ARP Headstuds 2005 Grille 305/70/16 BFGoodrich ATKO tires Westin Bull Nose with 6" KC Slimlights ICON Vehicle Dynamics Leveling Kit
Old 07-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Elder User

tazo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabmandelux View Post
So I will vote here for buying commercial Bio. Just don't have the time to make it myself. I would rather spend the time with my family and horses. But there maybe sometime in the future to make it myself if my values change. I just filled my tank up yesterday $165 OUCH! And that was for B100 and one weeks worth of fuel.
1999 EB expedition (Wife's)
Old 07-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
I think that first choice maybe should be I make and/or use bio

RIP Steve Bricks. FTE will not be teh same.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilage to shake your hand and BS in person.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterbaby View Post
I think that first choice maybe should be I make and/or use bio
Ya, I know Rob. This was my first Poll, and I screwed up I'll try harder next time...........

Old 07-02-2008, 12:22 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
1988, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 73, b99, bio, biodiesel, conversioin, diesel, f250, f350, ford, idi