Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

View Poll Results: Alternative Diesel Fuel Usage
I make and use Biodiesel 56 20.44%
I would like to make biodiesel 125 45.62%
I use straight veggie oil 40 14.60%
I use Waste motor oil 21 7.66%
I use a blend 33 12.04%
I purchase retail biodiesel 67 24.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
heck I don't try to do polls LOL. holler at cookie he might be able to edit that one for ya.

The one that says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one that is doing it
Old 07-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Posting Guru

CheaperJeeper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
For my Mercedes:
I am currently blending SVO
I'm in the process of converting it to run on 100% SVO/WVO
I'd like to make bio, but don't have the space & my wife is against the idea
A buddy is set up to make it if I can get the WVO, but that is beginning to look almost impossible

For my F250
I'm currently running bio-blend
I and am considering a veggie conversion (it all depends on how well my design works on the old Mercedes)

I've also been collecting WMO and parts I need for a very simple gravity filtering setup so I can add it a couple of gallons at a time to each tank of fuel (10% blend).

84 Mercedes 300CD Turbo. Bone stock daily driver

86 F250 Super Cab 4x6 (dually), 7.3 Banks TURBO, SMF & ZF5-47, 4.10 gears, 3" Banks straight-pipe exhaust. Mileage unknown
Old 07-02-2008, 08:51 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabmandelux View Post
Doh! I made the poll, and forgot to vote myself! I should of added another choice for buying commercial bio.............
No worries. I added "I purchase retail biodiesel" to your poll and voted for it
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 07-02-2008, 09:38 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Thanks Scott!
Old 07-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Postmaster

empiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to all
these results are going to be interesting- so long as everyone is honest, lol.

i ran into someone today who told me he was running "bio". after a short conversation, i found out he was using diesel secret, DOH!

Please, do not text & drive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwfq7Igvxc

-David
Old 07-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Elder User

tazo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie88 View Post
No worries. I added "I purchase retail biodiesel" to your poll and voted for it
Thanks. I now am able to vote. The American way! I don't know if it is considered buying retail, I buy from a few places that you need to be a BUG (biodiesel user groups) member. That is the only way to get B100 in California.
1999 EB expedition (Wife's)
Old 07-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Senior User

jeep1947 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Been making it for over a year under Don's mentoring. Started out blending and then started doing it the right way. Me and my 2 partners make about 100 gallons/week now as long as we can keep getting our oil we will be ok. Have contracts with 2 restaurants, 1 hospital, a nursing home and working to get more small grocery/deli type operations. Jeep 1947
Old 07-17-2008, 07:33 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Bump to top. Looks like we have some new people to take the poll!
Old 07-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Senior User

Royson12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just started using bio, I use B100. I bought it for 4.459 a gallon here in Fort Worth. I was pondering on making bio, but you cant get used oil around here. I asked around a few places, they wanted me to buy it. What would be a fair price? With ethonal prices and oil costing, about how much does it cost to make a gallon start to finish? I like the stuff so far, dino is 4.79+ around here, Yipes!
Old 07-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Senior User

Knotwild is starting off with a positive reputation.
Biodiesel Maker, User

I am making biodiesel since the middle of may. So far, the truck and I both love it. I have run about 6000 miles on it so far and I am checking the engine health with Blackstone oil reports. I also dry wash with Magnesol and I am having great success with that process.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Junior User

h2odrx is starting off with a positive reputation.
Been messing with bio for 3 years now, started to mix, working on conversion!

1997 F350 CrewCab PSD, 280K!
Quote:
NC State law defines biodiesel as ''any fuel or mixture of fuels derived in whole or in part from agricultural products or animal fats or wastes from these products or fats.''
Old 07-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Postmaster

Fullcrew7.3 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Fullcrew7.3 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Been making and running B100 for the last 3 years. Only doing it in the warm months so far. Still working on the jacketed fuel lines and heated tank for the winter months. The old girl sure likes the stuff.
1996 F350 CC 7.3L PSD DRW, DIY 4x4 conversion, 4.10 gears, Sky 3" RSK, DIY 4" exhaust, 3" diamond eye DP, SC 1705, Stage 1 Rosewood sticks, Valair SMF, SD I/C, 37/12.50/16.5 wranglers and some more DIY stuff
Old 07-29-2008, 10:20 AM
New User

Sheepman is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am new here. I am a farmer and am making my own bio for use in my farm equipment. I do have a 99 F350 7.3 and will start running B20 this week. I eventually want to run B100 during the summer and whatever I can get away with in the winter. I am located in central massachusetts and we have some fairly cold winters. Has anyone tried the anti-gelling things that are coming to the market? What about long term use of B100 in my 7.3 diesel?
Old 07-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Junior User

h2odrx is starting off with a positive reputation.
Power service works good!

Cold flow test.

1997 F350 CrewCab PSD, 280K!
Quote:
NC State law defines biodiesel as ''any fuel or mixture of fuels derived in whole or in part from agricultural products or animal fats or wastes from these products or fats.''
Old 07-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Senior User

mackman is starting off with a positive reputation.
I plan on going with bio and am asking around for used VO It is tuff to find most places want to sell it.As far as buying bio I would but only place I found wants more then diesel.So for now still dreaming
Old 07-29-2008, 06:18 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
1988, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 73, b99, bio, biodiesel, conversioin, diesel, f250, f350, ford, idi