6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Any smokin deals on the 08s

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 10:06 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any smokin deals on the 08s

Hey guys I was just curious if anybody has bought a new 08 as off the last month. Fords got there employer pricing incentive now as well as rebates off various kinds. I know these trucks arnt moving very well with these high fuel prices so Id imagine the new trucks have come down some in price. Off course trade in have too. Just curious to what kind off deals you guys are making. Thanks for the input.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:55 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Not one soul out there has bought a new 08 this month. Yah I just noticed Ford truck sales are way down for the month. I guess the deals must not be to good. I thought Id have at least a couple off replies.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:00 AM
SouthTexasDiesel
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen over $15k off sticker on the lot, no telling what else you can get off.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:47 AM
2005X
Senior User
I too am hoping for some replies just to see if anyone has negotiated anything better than the "family pricing + rebates" since I'll be shopping soon out of necessity. I am in the process of convincing an insurance company to total my 6.0 Excursion after an accident, loved it but am wondering if I should repurchase diesel right now like everyone else out there.

Family pricing + 3k rebates seems like good deal, but not compared to the larger than ever initial depreciation of owning one of these diesel beasts with little to no resale value now. Like mentioned above, trade in values are in the crapper, thank goodness it looks like they'll total mine so I'll come out ahead a little bit. ACV with the insurance company will be better than trade estimates...

I asked the new car manager at my nearby dealer if they'd take less than Family Plan - $3k rebates (taxable by the way), and he got defensive, "how can we take less than that, etc... I was looking at F250 4x4 KR 6.4, nice, nice truck but gonna wait until the deals get better or look for a used one, don't have to be in a hurry here. I'm wondering with holdback money if they'll sell for less, or if nothing is selling soon FMC will have to increase the rebates significantly. We'll see.

Geoff.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:45 AM
capt caper
Fleet Mechanic
Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by 2005X
I too am hoping for some replies just to see if anyone has negotiated anything better than the "family pricing + rebates" since I'll be shopping soon out of necessity. I am in the process of convincing an insurance company to total my 6.0 Excursion after an accident, loved it but am wondering if I should repurchase diesel right now like everyone else out there.

Family pricing + 3k rebates seems like good deal, but not compared to the larger than ever initial depreciation of owning one of these diesel beasts with little to no resale value now. Like mentioned above, trade in values are in the crapper, thank goodness it looks like they'll total mine so I'll come out ahead a little bit. ACV with the insurance company will be better than trade estimates...

I asked the new car manager at my nearby dealer if they'd take less than Family Plan - $3k rebates (taxable by the way), and he got defensive, "how can we take less than that, etc... I was looking at F250 4x4 KR 6.4, nice, nice truck but gonna wait until the deals get better or look for a used one, don't have to be in a hurry here. I'm wondering with holdback money if they'll sell for less, or if nothing is selling soon FMC will have to increase the rebates significantly. We'll see.

Geoff.
I'll sell ya mine..I wish I knew what would happen so fast with fuel prices. And there talking 7 bucks a gal. by next summer.

I would have gotton a small truck and make it do what I want to do a couple times a month.

I have to go down south to haul furniture I restore with a vnose trailer 12'. It costs me $300 now for a trip. I do 2 a month. I don't make enough to cover this really and at $7 per gal. it will put me out of business. Unless I get a 4 banger and make it tow at highway speeds. I don't know if it can. We have lot's of hills here in Ma. NH area. The trailer is 3500Lbs. with load.

This 08 is the nicest truck I've ever had or been in. I hate this situation.

I'm 60 now and didn't need this ****.

I'll take a beating if I sell mine. A new plow on it as well.

*******s...

Old 07-02-2008, 07:47 AM
rob_nc
Posting Guru
I was talking with a gentleman the other day that has a new F350 KR and he turned out to be the owner of one of the dealerships in our area. He says the profit margin on SDs is 30+%. He bought his KR which listed at $57k for $25k. Of course, he paid less than A-plan, but just the same. Ford and it's dealerships are still making money at A-plan, even with rebates. If the dealership is sitting on a pile of trucks, a little patience on your part may pay dividends. You can remind them of their flooring costs and inventory taxes on these over-priced beasts. If you sound convincing, you may get what you want. My dad once haggled for 2 hours over $100 and eventually won.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:01 AM
machmedic
Laughing Gas
Received 106 Likes on 61 Posts
I've seen up to $12,000 off with free service for first year.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Demolition
Senior User
Originally Posted by rob_nc
I was talking with a gentleman the other day that has a new F350 KR and he turned out to be the owner of one of the dealerships in our area. He says the profit margin on SDs is 30+%. He bought his KR which listed at $57k for $25k.
Wow. Do you think he was pulling your leg Rob? I mean I can't imagine a 30% markup. Even if $25,000 was dead cost a 50% markup would make these trucks $37500. So selling them at 55k is what? 120% markup?

So if cost is 25k a 30% markup would make these KRs about $32,500 Not 57k. Probably counted all kinds of rebates and a trade in or something like that.
Thought I read somewhere that Ford had a 12-18% margin on the Superduty depending on options?

Old 07-02-2008, 12:00 PM
rob_nc
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Demolition
Wow. Do you think he was pulling your leg Rob? I mean I can't imagine a 30% markup. Even if $25,000 was dead cost a 50% markup would make these trucks $37500. So selling them at 55k is what? 120% markup?

So if cost is 25k a 30% markup would make these KRs about $32,500 Not 57k. Probably counted all kinds of rebates and a trade in or something like that.
Thought I read somewhere that Ford had a 12-18% margin on the Superduty depending on options?
He could have been talking crap, but I do now we can build a fleet level Class 8 tractor for $60k and retail it for $90k. There's way more money in components in a OTR tractor than in any KR SD. Ford's cost to produce them is probably less than $20k each.

You figure 12-18% for Ford and 12-18% for the dealer, that's 24-36% total. It's well known Ford makes the most money on their trucks.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:41 PM
pugster
Senior User
Wink Stackin' Deep & Sellin' 'Em Cheap

I'm betting I would have paid at least $3k less than a year ago March when I bought mine. They may put on a brave front but the numbers game is against them. If you want to buy, now is much better than last year.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Gage2502
Fleet Mechanic
I was at my dealer the other day and they have a 2008 F-450 King Ranch for $60k I wounder how much they would let that go for? Also I was there for about 7hrs and I didnt see not 1 person looking at any pick-up trucks, Just cars and a few suv's.
~Gage~

Old 07-02-2008, 09:34 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
I wonder if I could get a reg cab xlt 4x4 for 28,000. Diesel that is. Anybody have any actual prices that you paid for your new truck as off late.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:01 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Anybody know that latest incentives for July. I cant find out any info so far. Thanks for the input.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:32 PM
George C
Cargo Master
Received 504 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by rob_nc
I was talking with a gentleman the other day that has a new F350 KR and he turned out to be the owner of one of the dealerships in our area. He says the profit margin on SDs is 30+%. He bought his KR which listed at $57k for $25k. Of course, he paid less than A-plan, but just the same. Ford and it's dealerships are still making money at A-plan, even with rebates.
That's BS.
A dealer pays invoice, and receives another 3% dealer holdback when the unit is sold, that's it. If they sell a 50K truck at dealer invoice, then make $1,500.00 in holdback profit. Many dealers will sell at $500.00 under invoice on an order.

I ordered my truck last summer.
It listed for 56K, and I bought it for 42 and change.
Haggling is a total waste of time. The salesmen are just playing with your head because they know you weren't prepared with the right numbers.
Know invoice, rebates and or A/X plan numbers.
There's also upfitter money available if you supply some kind of receipt..

Dealers actually make more money from Ford at "A" plan than they do at invoice.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:45 AM
rob_nc
Posting Guru
If I were in the market for a new truck and didn't already have one, I would seriously consider leasing it depending on what the intended use is. Since resale values have tanked, you can almost guarantee a $7-10k depreciation as soon as it's driven off the lot. Even with free money offers and loads of rebates, your insurance company isn't going to pay you off if it gets totaled. Gap insurance is as big a waste of money as PMI is on a mortgage. It's true, residual values on lease deals will drop so you end up paying more during the term, but at least you can get out from under it without taking as big a hit.

I bought an '04 F150 4x4 Lariat used 2 years ago. My needs have since changed and I really want/need a F250 with diesel. But, my truck is worth just 2/3 what I paid for it. Now I'm having to rethink my future plans and just deal with what I've got.

Quick Reply: Any smokin deals on the 08s