1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

damnit (kinda off topic)

Old 07-01-2008, 05:17 AM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damnit (kinda off topic)

well i rode my motorcycle tonight to go meet some people to go fishing the fishing spot we went to was actually in an OHV park. but the road is pretty good to where the fishing spot is. so i rode my 82 honda goldwing 1100 to meet them seems how it was such a nice night out. well anywhaz a cop pulled out behind me as the paved road turned to dirt followed me till after i crossed into the ohv park and down to just before the fishing spot where he pulled me over. wrote me a ticket for no motorcycle endorsment (iv riding my whole life never been pulled over on a motorcyle or had the proper indorsment) and i got one for no proof of insurance. my question is, do you think i could fight this seems how i was pulled over in an ohv park. now im not saying its not my fault. i should know better i supose iv just gotten carless 7 years of riding street bikes plus another 7-8 years riding dirt bikes and never once getting pulled over. the no endorsment thing is not a big deal ($20 fine) but my insurance that i did have on it expired 3 monthes ago. so i had no insurance and id realy hate to end up with an sr22 when i have insurance on every other vehical i own.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:49 AM
plowhand
Playing in the Dirt
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. He saw you riding on the paved road, so he's got you.

2. No endorsment, no way to fight that.

3. No insurance, call you insurance company and see if they will reinstate the policy. If they do, take it in and maybe you can reduce it to no proof of insurance. Anyway that you go you will need to have a valid isurance policy before you go to court (the sooner the policy is issued the better). If all else fails, try the I did not realize that my insurance had expired, but here's proof of my current policy.

4. Good luck.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:53 AM
AZStang
Freshman User
Why did he pull you over? He can't just stop you to check your license and reg. He needs to have a reason.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:37 PM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
he pulled me over becouse he said my plate came back as a maroon motorcycle when its blue (its been re-painted but vin numbers matched up when he checked)

Old 07-01-2008, 01:04 PM
AZStang
Freshman User
I'm not sure if that's a good enough reason to pull you over. May be worth checking into though as that may be a way out of it.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:00 PM
rijrnnr
Freshman User
Smile

I always go to court and usually get off without writing a check. It depends on how many people are waiting to see the judge. So far, I have had my charges dropped by the assistant D.A. when he pulls my paperwork out of his file. Different on some states, but you have nothing to lose. No need for a lawyer. Man, black and tan looks good on a lawyer, especially when it's a Doberman Pinscher!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:42 PM
foxracing0934
Posting Guru
I know that the reason that he stated is good enough to pull you over in MA, but i would go get your policy reinsated and go with the i hadnt noticed that it expired. Sounds like the best chance to me. And it never hurts to fight it, the worst that can happen is you end up having to pay it, but its free and it there for the useing.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:22 AM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
well i had gotten pulled over after midnight and i dident acualy get a ticket for no insurance but i got a thing where i have to go and prove that i had insurance on it at the time of the stop within the next 20 days, well i did not have insurance but it was issued after midnight i got insurance on it earlyer today so now i have an insurance card stating that the policy started on the 1st witch is the same day that i was pulled over, i wonder if i should try to play it off as that just happend to be the day that my insurance renewed or go with i dident realize my policy had expired till i went to find the card and took care of it right when i realized my mistake. as far as the no endorsement i think im just going to go take my test like i should have done many years ago go to court and just say to show that i went and got it, i dont know if i will try to push the fact that i was pulled over in an ohv park where it shouldent matter weather i was licensed or not. i guess it depends on if the cop shows up i to testify that he followed me into the park from an public road

Old 07-02-2008, 07:18 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Since I have done this.
Multipul times.
I will chime in.

Go get insurance on the bike.
Like. Now, then come back and keep reading.
You should have the next day if you could.

Go into court and plead not guilty to the no-insurance.
When Bench Trial comes up, go in and say to the prosecuting attorney that you were unaware that the insurance had lapsed on your motorcycle, and show him that you immediately went and got it taken care of. He should, if he is not a *****, dismiss it for you with no problems.

You'll obviously have to plead guilty to no endorsement.
but thats how you get out of a no proof insurance ticket. =)

Any other traffic court questions? haha
I've been many times. Just last week actually.

Oh yes.
WEAR A ****ING SUIT!
This is business, not play. Suit!! Wear a suit!
It makes all the difference in court.
Shows respect and that you are business conscious.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:24 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Oh I didn't read your post. I said screw it and I'll just say whats up.

If you go take the endorsement right away, you might be able to get them to drop that as well. So plead not guilty to the no endorsement as well.

The cop doesn't really show up to "testify"
And weather its an ORV park or not. You got a ticket, and he followed you.

The prosecuting attorney or the cop will handle the matter with the court when you show up.
Ive had no bench trial and had the cop negotiate instead of pleading. But that was for a stupid ticket, not a ticket like no insurance.
My last no insurance ticket I didn't have 2 show ups either.
I talked the the magistrate and a prosecuting attorney they handled it in one day.
So make sure your ducks are in a row before you show up.

Whoever you talk to, anyways, Just show them you got things taken care of. Dont try to play off it was an ORV park, they don't care. Using stupid ways to get out just lessens your chances of not getting out. In your suit, =), show them you took care of things and were sorry about it and you would like to get things dismissed.
Magistrates usually are not to rude either, so they will dismiss things easier then a judge.

Sorry if this is confusing. I've done it so many times now its kinda natural when i go to court.

Search this Thread