Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2008, 09:35 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Lightning Strikes

Wow! What a show last night. We had hundreds of lightning strikes around us. I was up all night on fire watch ( I have 3,000 acres of wheat just ready to harvest). Got called out to fight a fire at the neighbors ranch about 8:30pm. He lost $500,000 worth of crop last night. Mine was safe, but they are calling for more "dry" thunderstorms tonight. We had a strike about 1/4 mile from the house that took out about 3 miles of powerpoles. Wildest thing I've ever seen. Some of the poles were snapped off about half way up the pole! I'll try and post some pics this afternoon.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Post Fiend

bertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to behold
Wow, I seen on the news that lighting was all around us in Prinville, but I did not see a strike one here. And only a few large rian drops.
1980 Bronco with 460
1976 F250 4X4 Custom with 429
Oregon Chapter Member: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 06-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Senior User

Oregon-Mike is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow! Bummer about your neighbor's crops but good news on yours

We saw some lightning around Eugene Sat night & Sun night. Nothing very close though. Had one helluva thunder clap hit about 0200 this morning though. Scared the *$# out of me! Heard quite a few more mellower claps after that but never saw any flashes.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:05 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
We had it 360 deg around us. Took 44 power poles out. been without power several times today. More of this stuff comming tonight.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:50 PM

Here's a couple of pics of the power poles that went down. 64 poles, about 3 miles worth! Power has been off and on here all day. I was talking with the power crew this afternoon, and they said it will cost over $300,000 to fix this mess. We are on fire watch all night again tonight. Wish me luck!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

We had 3 of the fires start up again today, but my crop is still ok..................
Old 07-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Post Fiend

bertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to behold
Glad to hear things are ok with your crops. Prineville got rattled last nite, but did not last to long. We are getting alot of smoke form over by Dayville.
1980 Bronco with 460
1976 F250 4X4 Custom with 429
Oregon Chapter Member: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 07-03-2008, 07:17 AM

Had another "light show" again last night. Man, If I could just tap into all that power! I'd never have to buy electricity again.........No 911 calls, so I sent the fire crew home about 2AM. Now back to work at 5AM. Farming is soooo much fun.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:17 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter

Tags
ford, lighting, strike, turck