2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone tried to sell their truck lately?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Steve_Uzi
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fosters
pretty sad, spark plugs was my first thought too when I read 100k.

i'm at 80 and haven't done em... was hoping i'd sell the truck for a SD before now...
Not that I want this to turn into yet another Plug thread...

I am at 32,500 and am considering having my Stealer put in the One-piece plugs before my warranty expires @ 36,000. Still have 3,500 miles to make that decision.. I do alot of highway driving... and not much stop and go... my understanding is that one of the mail culprits to plug breakage is the stop-n-go driving, poor maintenence of vehicle (airfilter/fuel filter) causing the carbon to build up on the plugs...

Can you tell I am having an exciting day at work

Last edited by Steve_Uzi; 07-02-2008 at 10:58 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Buck 1
Posting Guru

I have a 2005 STX F-150 4X4 with 18000 miles on it. Thought about trading it for an '08 due to the high volume of F-150's on the dealers lots. Local dealer told me I would take a beating on it now, but to wait until late August/early September. His opinion is that Ford will discount the truck fleets even lower than the employee discount, with a $2K rebate, and WITH 0% financing! If that happens the deal will be too good to turn down, even if I lose a few $ on the trade. So hang in there and wait and see.........

Old 07-02-2008, 07:09 PM
smokestone52
Elder User
A ways down the street from me is a house full of people, with questionable citizenship status. A few days ago I got a knock on my door, and a guy said in barely intelligible english if I wanted to sell my truck. I said it was not for sale. He insisted, " hey man ju don drive much it" " I tell ju wha mun I gives you $10,000 today mon."

I almost laughed my rear off. $10,000 for a loaded 06 Lariat 4X4. Man this dude was smoking some good stuff! Hahahahahahahaaaahhaaa! Sheesh. Oh mine is NOT for sale. I use it and I need it, and I love it!

Old 07-03-2008, 04:42 AM
06supercrew
Senior User
I don't know anything about China subsidizing oil but, if they are it may be because the olympics are going to be there and they want their economy healthy when all of the world is there to see. I also believe there will be a price correction in oil when the panic stops.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:09 PM
bob schulz
Junior User
I have an '04 XL, for work only. Paid for, low miles, 32K, 3.73 LS, 4.6L, all service at dealer. Just got back from junk yard with brake junction warning switch for my '88 Volvo, cost?, 4 bucks. At the dealer its cost is 151 bucks. The junker gets just over 25 mpg around town.

I ain't selling my Ford pickup because of this gas price bubble. We're goin to get around this thing as we always do, without the help of these damn politicians who have caused this problem. Both parties!

I recommend politely e-mailing your senators every week, religiously, and keep pointing out how any rational approach to this oil problem is to develope our own oil supplies along with all technological advances as soon as possible.

If not, then start sending us all monthly gas checks, like food stamps. I'll need about 300 a month, and I think that's little enough for someone who has never tapped the big teet. Later brothers.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:44 PM
FatalErrorz
Senior User
Originally Posted by 06supercrew
I don't know anything about China subsidizing oil but, if they are it may be because the olympics are going to be there and they want their economy healthy when all of the world is there to see. I also believe there will be a price correction in oil when the panic stops.
China has been subsidizing their oil at high levels for the last 8 years, and a gallon of gas when converted from the Yuan to the $$ is $1.54 a gallon. They buy oil at the same price we do, so the government is paying the difference. It'll kill them soon, and they won't be so thirsty. Don't believe me? Look it up, or ask someone with a political background.

The price correction will occur, and there are many things that can hasten it. China can quit susidizing fuel, the economy could turn around, the housing crisis could end, and a few others. Best case for the next few years will be the China quits subsidizing when oil hits $175.00 a barrel. The economy is dorked for at least 2 years.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Fosters
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by FatalErrorz
China has been subsidizing their oil at high levels for the last 8 years, and a gallon of gas when converted from the Yuan to the $$ is $1.54 a gallon. They buy oil at the same price we do, so the government is paying the difference. It'll kill them soon, and they won't be so thirsty. Don't believe me? Look it up, or ask someone with a political background.

The price correction will occur, and there are many things that can hasten it. China can quit susidizing fuel, the economy could turn around, the housing crisis could end, and a few others. Best case for the next few years will be the China quits subsidizing when oil hits $175.00 a barrel. The economy is dorked for at least 2 years.

In addition, if by some miracle the tree huggers let us drill around here somewhere for oil, we'd be in business... If not, well, we could be in for another Carter era...

Old 07-04-2008, 10:00 PM
bob schulz
Junior User
Beside the annoucement last week that Ford was delaying if not canceling the introduction of the new '09 full size 150 pickup, I just read today that they are rushing two new down sized pickups to late '09 production. A new Ranger, and a new down sized full size?? half ton likely to be numbered the 100.

Apparently these will come with extended fuel mileage stats thanks to smaller engines. If you have an '08 150 you may well have the last Ford pickup! As we know it. The value of these last of a design introduced in '04 may well go up.

Can you imagine pulling your tailer to the lake with a turbo four banger? Thank you radical greeenies. And we've got billions of barrels of oil right here in our courtry. It's said that in the Rockies alone there are at least 87 billion barrels in shale extractable with steam. IN ANWAR we don't really know. 10 maybe 20 billion. Off shore, billions more with Red China now scouting out drilling in the Gulf just off Florida for the Cubans.

What a country we have, run by a bunch of morons.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:31 PM
garman
Junior User
you said it all bob schulz

Old 07-05-2008, 04:47 PM
FatalErrorz
Senior User
Originally Posted by garman
you said it all bob schulz
He sure did, and I have an 08!!!

Old 07-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Fosters
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by bob schulz
Beside the annoucement last week that Ford was delaying if not canceling the introduction of the new '09 full size 150 pickup, I just read today that they are rushing two new down sized pickups to late '09 production. A new Ranger, and a new down sized full size?? half ton likely to be numbered the 100.

Apparently these will come with extended fuel mileage stats thanks to smaller engines. If you have an '08 150 you may well have the last Ford pickup! As we know it. The value of these last of a design introduced in '04 may well go up.

Can you imagine pulling your tailer to the lake with a turbo four banger? Thank you radical greeenies. And we've got billions of barrels of oil right here in our courtry. It's said that in the Rockies alone there are at least 87 billion barrels in shale extractable with steam. IN ANWAR we don't really know. 10 maybe 20 billion. Off shore, billions more with Red China now scouting out drilling in the Gulf just off Florida for the Cubans.

What a country we have, run by a bunch of morons.

Have you considered running for president?

Old 07-05-2008, 05:49 PM
bob schulz
Junior User
I just saw a picture in Motor Trend of the proposed new small pickups from Ford. The Ranger is coming from Australia. Guess that closes down the St. Paul Ford assembly plant for good. The new F100 looks goofy.

I'll be loading up for a camping trip. Can't wait to throw anything I want into my truck and take off. Without, that is, contacting my local neighborhood Party Leader for permission to buy gas.

This polar bear thaing, i.e. making the bear an endangered species, is the greatest single threat now facing everything we now hold dear. If it passes, everything that emits carbon, any manufacturer making any such device, anyone using such a devise, that threatens the threatened species, the polar bear, will risk being arrested and or sued.

That, my friends, is the green revolution. A nibble here, a bite there, get the judges lined up, contact the now radicalized Congress to pass new law, and soon the frog is boiled. It really matters who sits in these positions of controling our lives. We are on the verge of entering what but a few years previous seemed like a bad science fiction novel. Farenheit 451 comes to mind. Time to put the hotdogs on the grill.

As for president, any straight talker today couldn't make it. Again, if I had a new F150 I would not sell it unless I had absolutely had to. Now for another Leinee.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:12 PM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
Dont sell your truck, just move closer to work!

Mark