Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP me with custom bass enclosure

Old 05-04-2000, 09:49 PM
Larry619
Junior User

Ok i got a big problem. I love my extended cab truck, thats the reason why my family bought it with an extended cab....to fit three people in the back. Now that i want a 10 inch JL sub in there....there doesn't seem to be eneogh space for even the smallest encolure. Now my only options are to remove the center console and fabricate my own enclosure.....or to just stick on in the middle of the rear seat....making room for only two in the back...

To help you visualize....can someone please take a look at someone's 1993-1995 F150 extended cab truck...and tell me any other suggestions? The rear seat is a 60/40 fold down bench with NO space under or behind it and about 2.5 feet of foot space on the floor. The center console takes up a space of about 10 inches wide and 18 inches long.

HELP! i want to have everything bolted....i mean BOLTED down...so temporary removal of a sub is no option....please help....thanks in advance

Old 05-05-2000, 07:24 PM
AlM
Posting Guru

ok, i have a 96 bronco and I saw your type of ext cab and know how tight it is in there. I think that you can make a new console, using your current console as a template. and mount the sub high. I had to use a Bazooka tube in the back of the bronco. I think you can squeeze in the 10" into the space between the front seats. i have a 12" wide Tuffy Security console between my buckets and there is room to spare for the seat belts plus my crutches when i had my knee fixed. But ya know you're gonna blast anyone in the back seat with that thumper on..lol...good luck,
Al

Old 07-14-2000, 12:30 AM
kev301
New User

I've seen it done, but the best way for your custom enclose, is to get a new center console made with JL audio W6 so it don't take up a lot of space and it still provides the bass