Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
WAFTE - Folding@Home

Hey All, we could use your help. WAFTE proudly helps support protein folding research.

What is protein folding and how is folding linked to disease?
Proteins are biology's workhorses -- its "nanomachines." Before proteins can carry out these important functions, they assemble themselves, or "fold." The process of protein folding, while critical and fundamental to virtually all of biology, in many ways remains a mystery.
Moreover, when proteins do not fold correctly (i.e. "misfold"), there can be serious consequences, including many well known diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many Cancers and cancer-related syndromes.
You can help by simply running a piece of software.
Folding@home is a distributed computing project -- people from throughout the world download and run software to band together to make one of the largest supercomputers in the world. Every computer takes the project closer to our goals. Folding@home uses novel computational methods coupled to distributed computing, to simulate problems millions of times more challenging than previously achieved.

Currently our team is ranked 17377 out of 128357 teams world wide. We have many new members since I started the team. We can do quite a bit more.

If you want to assist, you will have to download some software that runs in the background of your computer. You can find the download and more information at Folding@home - Download the Folding@home software application

Remember to use 65446 as the team number when you set up the software. This will ensure that WAFTE members are acknowledged in the support of this very important research.

EClampus Vitus Major WM Downie 1849

Old 06-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Post Fiend

Snowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputation
Still folding away, Mike!!!
Official Slackmaster #24 ~ Zombie Survivalist Extraordinaire
Proud owner of ~ 2002 F-250 SD PSD 6spd ~ 1996 F-350 PSD SC ~ 1984 VW Rabbit Diesel
Old 06-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Postmaster

Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.Placermike has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbunny View Post
Still folding away, Mike!!!
24/7...John is also, still making stats for the team

Old 06-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Post Fiend

Snowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placermike View Post
24/7...John is also, still making stats for the team
Is he?? I didn't see his name on the list. I sure wish we could get in touch with him!!
Proud owner of ~ 2002 F-250 SD PSD 6spd ~ 1996 F-350 PSD SC ~ 1984 VW Rabbit Diesel
Old 06-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Is he?? I didn't see his name on the list. I sure wish we could get in touch with him!!
Look at team 65446. I also would like to hear from him. He definately helped make FTE fun, even when he got in trouble with the mods, or should I say especially when he got in trouble!...LMFAO

Old 06-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Post Fiend

Yes!!! Especially when he got into trouble!!! I hope they are both doing well!! Emily was a kick too!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Yes!!! Especially when he got into trouble!!! I hope they are both doing well!! Emily was a kick too!!!
Will we ever know if it was Emmy?

Old 06-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Posting Guru

BabyBunny is a splendid one to beholdBabyBunny is a splendid one to beholdBabyBunny is a splendid one to beholdBabyBunny is a splendid one to beholdBabyBunny is a splendid one to beholdBabyBunny is a splendid one to beholdBabyBunny is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for posting that Mike!! I've been looking for it for my comp. I'll download it tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast12 View Post
What happens in the Club STAYS in the Club!!
Old 06-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Will we ever know if it was Emmy?
Oh, I'm quite sure it was!! She helped me with my advanced calculus classes!!! Not to say John was incapable, mind you!!! He certainly surprised me more than once!!! Especially with that pic of him in Emm's dress and holding the pink axe!!! Ha! Ha!! Ha!! Which I still have btw!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 01:39 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBunny View Post
Thanks for posting that Mike!! I've been looking for it for my comp. I'll download it tonight!
Just remember team 65445 George!

Stay sweet!

Old 06-28-2008, 01:41 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Oh, I'm quite sure it was!! She helped me with my advanced calculus classes!!! Not to say John was incapable, mind you!!! He certainly surprised me more than once!!! Especially with that pic of him in Emm's dress and holding the pink axe!!! Ha! Ha!! Ha!! Which I still have btw!!!
I thought he was pretty cute in front of the truck...lol

Old 06-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Just remember team 65445 George!

Stay sweet!
I was meaning to type 65446, but my fingers don't work well.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Senior User

Cyruscosmo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Been folding on 3 computers for a couple years now
Old 06-30-2008, 10:22 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter