2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meeting with a FORD Rep. tomorrow, have a question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 10:34 AM
livsdad
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ford Fx4
Tylus I agree with you and think he has done just that.

Last summer I was rear ended in a 4 car accident on the freeway, only damage to me was a crooked bumper. Dealer fixed the bumper for 48.00 bucks and checked the frame/alignment on a their machine's and said everything was good. But after that I "noticed" that my hitch looked bent down. Every time I looked at another f-150's hitch, I swear my was bent, dad told me I was crazy!! Got out with a tape and measured from 5 different points to my dads truck and everyone came out the same!!

So after I got it out of my head that it "looks" bent it really is not.

Steehorse, Not saying that all those thing cant happen, but crap dude I really think that you want all those things to be wrong with it. Not trying to be a smart *** in any way...

O, and trying to add washers to the hubs well....if you really want your tire going down the road ****-eyed, but it would be setting you up for an major accident and when hub/spindles fail, don't do it!

I think you said it yourself,

""had tint put in the truck and has bubbles on all windows and it's gonna be 3 times now they had to replace the tint on it, I got a headache from all this and have been downing brews like water and short fused with everyone I see, I need to relax or this truck is gonna kill me.""

You had some other problems with the tint on the truck and you are just finding other things about it to be pissed off at!

Clam down relax, it will all work out

If it just looked like that from the pass. mirror, it is not the axle it is how it appears in the mirror. It is from the angle you are looking at it from, as you are closer to the drivers side then the pass. side mirror, what you can see out of it is different. When I ride shot gun and look out the pass. side mirror the whole view changes on what I can see and on how it looks.
Yeah I should have put in here it's the same outside the truck too.... Noticeable difference. Even the dealers were like " Yeah it does stick out there doesn't it" but what are ya gonna do?

Old 06-27-2008, 11:38 AM
mitch150
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Steelhorse, how about posting some pics of it from the rear at a good distance and directly center from behind. Only real way to back yourself up

Old 06-28-2008, 06:06 AM
svt2205
Posting Guru
There's a really easy solution. Sell/trade the truck and forget about the hassles this F150, your local Ford dealer and now Ford has given you.

Life's too short to stress over details on a truck. And while the value on the truck is down, it will only get worse.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Powerdude
Elder User
You know if you go to a reputable alignment shop, they have the wheel alignment machine that will actually measure the angles of the wheels.

And they will give you a printout. For 69 bucks its probably the best move you could make, and then if the angles really are off, you will have a printout to show the Ford rep.

And, if the angles are not off, then you know you've been smokin some really good shiznit for the last 6 months.

Peace.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:21 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
Ya had print out it all lines up and the alignment machine at a reputible company but the situation is the tires in the rear how they look in the wheel wells, alignment is fine, need to get pic;s up to show but no damn camera yet sent out for repair work, still waiting. But heres what it kind of looks like but not so much lean / / something like that there when looking at it behind.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:22 PM
MisterDave2
Elder User
Steel, there might be something really simple wrong with your truck that Ford etc. is too dumb to figure out. You need to calm down and do some careful inspecting of everything in the rear end of that truck. Check all the bed mounts, leaf springs and mounts, shocks and mounts, axle mounts. For example, lets say that a leaf spring mount is defective by 1 inch or so, that will lean one side and screw everything up. You have to check and measure all the mount components and shock extension and everything. Measure your wheels and tires. A truck is really just a bunch of basic stuff mounted on the frame, it shouldn't be too hard to find the piece that's out of spec. provided you compare and measure methodically and with precision. Also, I wouldn't space any wheels on the lugs, bad idea, something else is out of spec. Maybe a shock is bad or leaf spring too thin or out of spec. If you really want to find the trouble, get a good accurate machinists ruler and start measuring all the components on each side, somethings got to prove wrong. From the way your describing it, either the pass side suspension is pushed away abit from the frame or the drivers side is compressed a bit, the box is probably not involved. I think the bent frame is not so either, too much other stuff would be wrong. Look at each piece, then compare to the other side, etc. etc. Too bad you have all this trouble. Also, have a beer! Dave

Old 08-24-2008, 01:13 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
pictures off the off-set

Originally Posted by mitch150
Steelhorse, how about posting some pics of it from the rear at a good distance and directly center from behind. Only real way to back yourself up
Well 6 dealers later and still WITH-IN SPEC. but all say ya it's off. You see when I measure from frame to the tire on the rear end it's a half inch off. The driver rear top of tire leans closer to the shock then the passenger side. Alignment shop said yes your alignment is fine but something is not right, but your tires wont wear abnormal they look fine, mileage is 6345 right now, I have had them rotated once already. I have pictures but your gonna have to go to this web-site to view and see for yourself, and please do so. Admin note: see guidelines my user name is Steelehorse there, look in my photo gallery to view and please get back to me, my only thing is pic's are from the rear, but the offness of the rear is more apparent when you look from the front of the truck down the sides, All these other dealers and the alignment shops say "damn that thing is off big time as I drove up they saw this, my e-mail is jt.fowler@hotmail.com my phone number is 480-292-1916, thanks as this has been tough to deal with as every other truck on the roads I see and on the internet F-150 sites I have not seen one like mine and it is frustrating. Thanks for all help. Check out my pictures to see what I mean thanks! Oh and remember the frame to the tires is a 1/2 inch difference the right rear is 1/2 inch more out and the driver rear is 1/2 more in-ward towards the shock, very apparent. Check'em out!

Old 08-25-2008, 01:38 AM
johnh2000
Junior User
You said the other truck was the same as yours. What do you need to convice you that there is nothing wrong. Come on man, some guys are just to picky. Why are you worring about something that is no problem?

Old 08-25-2008, 03:40 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

[/IMG]

Old 08-25-2008, 04:04 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
I'm really not trying to be mean Steelehorse, but those pics don't support your arguement. the pic below shows the channeled insert of your bumper. it aligns damn near perfectly with the tailgate (see red outline).

also, as you can see from the photo's below, the have the same aspect angle (mirror and door handle are same). now look at the tires. they again, look identical.

it's in your head

Old 08-25-2008, 01:47 PM
fireman28
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW the pics cleared it right up. It is as clear as mud. From the pics it looks normal. I agree that you have just got yourself worked up over nothing.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Capbyrd
Senior User
take the wheels off and measur from the springs to the rotors.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, everything lines up perfectly. I see nothing wrong with your truck at all, besides that your back tires look a little low. Like it was said, there is no way your back tires can be like this /----/. It is impossible with the axle. The only way that could happen is if your rims got bent, and you'd feel a huge vibration if they were bent that much.

From your pictures your bumper lines up just fine as well. The bed compared to the Mirrors is line up just about perfectly too.

As for tire wear, slightly angling out of the wheels, so small that you can barely see can have huge affects on tire wear. But according to you, your back tires angle out a 1/2" and yet the wear remains even? Not possible.

It is all in your head.

EDIT: Looked at the other pictures in your gallery, your front tires are also squishing out at the bottom. They look low as well.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:49 PM
FYMR
Senior User
I Had A Question Yesterday Before The Pics. Did You Do A Walk Around Before Buying It? If It Is So Bad Them Surly It Would Be Evident Before Driving Off With It. I Am Not Trying To Be A Jerk, Just Curious.

After Pics, Seems Ok To Me. Made Me Curious Enough To Take Another Look At Mine And A Couple Of Guys At Work.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:24 AM
svt2205
Posting Guru
Maybe it's not all in his head. Look carefully at the location of the tire to the fender. You'll notice, that the tire is out further on the passenger side.

But, the dealers clearly wont do anything more for you. You don't have tire wear issues or any others, so it's a good idea to just accept. This truck wasn't built as well, in some ways, as others.

Quick Reply: Meeting with a FORD Rep. tomorrow, have a question.