Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
Now I know why Burger Joints are a last Choice for oil

I took home a sample of oil from the local Wendy's to titrate it before we run our 1st batch. Looked like good oil. Titrated @ 9.8 ml. twice. Thought what the heck? I went inside and titrated new virgin olive oil... .8 ml. Slightly used Soy oil - used once last Walleye fry - it titrated @ .9 ml. I think I need to get other samples from the Chinese places and Safeway (they use Canola) and forget about Wendy's.
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Posting Guru

MAKO314 has a good reputation on FTE.MAKO314 has a good reputation on FTE.
just a little FYI, I got a batch of WVO from a chinese place thar titrated at close to 12 ml that crap was way burnt!! the best I've come across was from the local High schools. they have fast food lines in the cafateria and are govt mandated to change the oil daily. the oil I get from the schools test at 0.9 - 2.5.

Mako
Old 06-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
hey thanks, I'll try that. School here is out for the summer though, but I can try the College.
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Junior User

Wookie35 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Trent how did you get hooked up with the Safeway there? I am in WA and trying to get going with my local Safeways and they are sending me to some guy at corporate who doesn't reply to voice mail... any pointers would be great!
Old 06-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie35 View Post
Trent how did you get hooked up with the Safeway there? I am in WA and trying to get going with my local Safeways and they are sending me to some guy at corporate who doesn't reply to voice mail... any pointers would be great!
They guy who runs the deli happens to be my partners son.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Junior User

Wookie35 is starting off with a positive reputation.
hmmmm, if only I had that kind of hook up! I'll have to keep plugging away at it the old fashion way i guess
Old 06-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Postmaster

We haven't confirmed that one yet though, so I talked to Ruby Tuesday's and a Mexican restaurant today. Will titrate their oils tomorrow. One of the Chinese places backed out on me. (Manager said yes, owner said no). Partner is going to talk to a chicken wings place also.
If you have Supermarkets nearby that have Deli's might give them a shot. Good luck.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Senior User

BioBurner is starting off with a positive reputation.
I make great bio from oil titrating as high as 16 g/l KOH. If it titrates higher than 8, I do an acid batch first. No problems.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBurner View Post
I make great bio from oil titrating as high as 16 g/l KOH. If it titrates higher than 8, I do an acid batch first. No problems.
How exactly does an acid batch work? Calculations, time ect. Is this Pelly's "foolproof"?

thanks
Old 06-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Elder User

TXHillCountry is starting off with a positive reputation.
That's why we picked the BioPro 190. It can handle up to 10% FFA. It does the acid / methanol mix process first, then the methoxide process.

TX

2003 F250 6.0 PSD FX4 King Ranch Crew Cab Shortbed -> STOLEN, STRIPPED, TOTALED
Banks Six Gun with PDA Banks Monster Exhaust Banks Intake EGR Delete Kit ARP Headstuds 2005 Grille 305/70/16 BFGoodrich ATKO tires Westin Bull Nose with 6" KC Slimlights ICON Vehicle Dynamics Leveling Kit
Old 06-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
check some of your local convience stores with deli's I get my oil from one mainly (two on occasion) and my oil checks at 1.1 constantly and has for the past 3yrs. I found out they change the oil every other day.

RIP Steve Bricks. FTE will not be the same.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilege to shake your hand and BS in person.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Senior User

BioBurner is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Fliginger View Post
How exactly does an acid batch work? Calculations, time ect. Is this Pelly's "foolproof"?

thanks
No. It's not the foolproof method. It's called the FATTA method. Check it out: Homebrew Acid-Base Biodiesel Recipes - Topic Powered by eve community
Old 06-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Postmaster

empiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to all
I talked to the local Church's, Whataburger, BK and JITB. they agreed to give me their oil- ~50 gallons a week each. The only thing that concerns me, is that they use partially hydrogenated oil. They call it vegetable shortening.

Should I even agree to pick their stuff up? All the other places I am getting it from are using 100% soy.

Please, do not text & drive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwfq7Igvxc

-David
Old 06-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
stuff I am using is liquid vegitable frying shortening and it works great. Been using it for the past several years with no problems.

RIP Steve Bricks. FTE will not be the same.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilege to shake your hand and BS in person.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Elder User

sgrol is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterbaby View Post
stuff I am using is liquid vegitable frying shortening and it works great. Been using it for the past several years with no problems.
I spoke to a Chinese restaurant owner (or tried to, thick accent) and I think he said people have asked him for his oil before but when he told them what it was they said it was no good. He said he uses very little veg oil and, I think, said he uses mostly liquid shortning. Isn't that lard? Is it useable? If so, will it stay liquid after methoxide treatment? sorry for so many questions, am new to this.

2012 F 350 6.7 KR 4x4, SEIC Mod, Flagpole delete, Jimmi Jammers, McGard Tailgate Lock, HID, Spartan, Firestone Bags

2000 F 250 7.3 4x4 CC
Old 06-22-2008, 07:28 PM