New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Any interest in becoming the NY Chapter Leader??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any interest in becoming the NY Chapter Leader??

Hi Everyone,

As some of you have noticed I have not been online much lately. I have a lot going on both at work and in my personal life right now. Things are really busy at work along with me having been out for two months on medical leave has really put me behind. Couple that with me recovering from my cancer, my Dad recovering his cancer and a broken leg, my Mom not being well, and all the usual family obligations I really need to scale back on something and that has been FTE.

Because of that I really think I need to step down as the NY Chapter Leader. I don't feel I am helping the Chapter grow or to promote it. So with that being said, who is interested in taking over???

Old 06-15-2008, 09:44 PM
ranger1999 Bob
Posting Guru
what are the responsibilities and duties? ive moved to NY and im a member of the NJ chapter but would come over if it would help...
good luck with the cancer... my wife is about 14 months clear now

Old 06-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Bob - basically to promote and grow the Chapter, hold and attend G2G's, and process new members. Take a look at this thread:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/4...r-chapter.html

That will help you to understand what is involved.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:01 PM
ranger1999 Bob
Posting Guru
well ive looked at the links and im willing to do this if the members here want me to.. id never want to step on any toes. Im willing to do this as an interim chapter leader too so that if you would want to take back over the helm when youre better equipped to handle things here that would also be fine I do have a question for you which i will PM you with, which id prefer not be aired in this forum.
Thanks
Bob

Old 06-16-2008, 08:02 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 306 Likes on 281 Posts
Darren, sorry to hear that you are needing to step down as CL, but I understand 100%. It is kinda funny but just last week George (glruff) mentioned to me that I may want to consider being an assistant CL for NY.

Personally I feel that with the large expanse of our state, we almost need to have regional or assistant CL to help organize local G2G's and of course a CL that will be responsible for overseeing and performing the requirements of being an CL.

Feel free to post up any suggestions as this is 'our' chapter and we can make it what we want it to be.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Bob and Neil - thank you both for expressing interest in the CL position or a part of it. What we need to do is to get people looking and posting in this thread as we need NY Chapter members to elect who they would like to be the CL.

Neil you are exactly right that it is "our" chapter so that is why we need to get the other members involved with this.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:38 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
I'm involved, in terms of voting for someone

Subscribed ...

Old 06-20-2008, 07:13 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Morning all.... just posting to show some activity on this thread.

I am still considering offically throwing my hat in, but trying to make sure that I have the time available to put my best effort forward. I will keep everyone advised.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:09 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Darren.just a thought.....hang in 'till you get all straight.
there's a couple i'd suggest but most of the "clan" is in west NY.
Mike, Millisa, you, Neil,...the only guys on this side are Frank and I.
And honestly...all the activity is west NY.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:15 AM
tewferford
Post Fiend
I agree with Carl. Most of the active membership are NW. I am no longer a member of NY, so I cannot make any official suggestions, but not one to hold back my thoughts.
Carl would be my first choice. Anyone who knows a good beer when he tastes it, has got my vote. I am also sure he would no accept due to his disabilities and could not afford the chapter 100% of himself. My next choice would be Neil. I know he doesn't have the appreciation of a fine beer, but he does have a lawn tractor.
That is all! Carry on.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:24 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Originally Posted by tewferford
I agree with Carl. Most of the active membership are NW. I am no longer a member of NY, so I cannot make any official suggestions, but not one to hold back my thoughts.
Carl would be my first choice. Anyone who knows a good beer when he tastes it, has got my vote. I am also sure he would no accept due to his disabilities and could not afford the chapter 100% of himself. My next choice would be Neil. I know he doesn't have the appreciation of a fine beer, but he does have a lawn tractor.
That is all! Carry on.

What do you mean that I do not have an appreciation of a fine beer ???? LMAO. I have never turned down a beer that has been offered to me.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:32 AM
tewferford
Post Fiend
There ya go! I stand corrected............. Hahahahaha

Do I have to rejoin to nominate this guy or what?????????????

Old 06-23-2008, 12:09 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Yep, you sure do Frank.

Well I have given it some thought and have decided to throw my hat into the ring on this to be considered for NY CL.
I would like to say that I may not make it on here everyday, but I try to make an attempt atleast to be on every couple of days.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:34 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
OK, so what DOES the CL really do? Moderate this forum?

Old 06-23-2008, 12:49 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
FTE Ken provided the following information for chapter leader duties:

Originally Posted by FTE Ken
Some of these were already in place, from our chapter page:
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Chapters

Here are the current chapter leader guidelines. We will be updating and refining these over the next few weeks.

- Chapter Leaders may not hold a position or title with a competitive venture, or otherwise have his position on FTE cause a conflict of interest or potential conflict of interest.

- The Chapter Leader is responsible for seeking out new Chapter members on the FTE forums, overseeing the organization of events, meetings and gatherings, facilitating chapter growth and promoting the chapter on FTE.

- Chapter membership lists may not be used for sales, solicitation or recruiting, in any form, directly, or indirectly.

- Chapter leaders should attempt to organize regular chapter meetings or gatherings that support members.

- Chapters are not legally or financially connected with FTE.

- All discussion, plans and decisions made in the chapter leader forum section, via email with FTE staff, via FTE's private message system and communicated directly with FTE are confidential and may not be discussed without the express permission of Ford Truck Enthusiasts.

- Chapter online business is to be conducted on Ford Truck Enthusiasts. If a chapter is in need of web space FTE will provide it.

- FTE reserves the right to approve or disapprove of any chapter position, including removal of chapter leaders from their position.

Rich, 99trigger3_0, Chapters Moderator, posted this:

Here is a quick run-down of some of the Chapter Leader duties for anyone interested...

Quote:
The Chapter Leader is responsible for seeking out new Chapter members on the FTE forums (we provide the tools for this), overseeing the organization of events, meetings and gatherings. Additionally, we encourage Chapter members to seek out new members at auto shows, fellow Ford owners in the work place and Ford truck owners you may encounter in your day-to-day life. You may even consider telling local dealerships or auto parts stores about your Chapter.

Quick Reply: Any interest in becoming the NY Chapter Leader??