Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Post Fiend

tjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to all
My processor

I finally got some pics of my BD processor and other equipment. See the link in the album description for how the processor works and also see pic descriptions for info on whats in the pictures.
BioDiesel Processor and Equipment pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Its based on this system
GL's Eco-System state diagram

So far (200 gallons) my truck like this fuel and the processor works well except my Grundfos pump has died this week. But so far I have some fine tuning to do once I decide what to do. The filtering of finished fuel is the biggest bottle neck my set up. I am contemplating a centrifuge to help with that.

AD's, IC, Rear Disc, OBA, Tuned by Tony Built by me!

Transmission by Racer X!

Old 06-16-2008, 05:11 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Dang Tim. That rig almost looks store bought. Nice work
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 06-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Post Fiend

tjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to all
Thanks Scott. I figured its worth building once its worth building right! I can't wait to get it into a permanent location so I can wire it how I want and get it set. Right now its in my dads shop since I have no idea where I will be living in the near future.

Transmission by Racer X!

Old 07-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
Man, my members are the greatest. =)
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:45 AM
Postmaster

empiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to allempiretc is a name known to all
i owe u a beer! good dart!

Please, do not text & drive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwfq7Igvxc

-David
Old 07-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
more pics to look at and forward to my partner, thanks.
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Senior User

Knotwild is starting off with a positive reputation.
TJ: Are you drywashing with Magnesol? Just curious as you mentioned filtering the final product. I am using Magnesol and I am using filter bags (5 and 1 micron) in combination with canister filters. In fact I am using a 1 micron absolute filter before it goes in the truck tank. No bottle neck at all. If you are using Magnesol, check out Fryerpower.com for info and filters. Of course, the best thing about a Dieselcraft centrifuge is that it would cut down on buying filters. I also use vacum and pressure from an air compressor to move my fuel around.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Post Fiend

I am recovering Methanol from the processed fuel then settling the soaps outs like the GL1 system. It works well I just would like to settle for a day or two then run thru a centrifuge which should be arriving this week. Right now I am settling then once the fuel clears (a week or so of settling) I run thru a 1 micron bag filter into my fueling barrel. if I don't let it settle enough I instantly clog the bag filters. I am still going to have to bag filter pre-centrifuge but not nearly as fine. I keep kicking around the resin tower ideas as well.

If I could get my supply of oil bigger it would help alot. Right now I process and use just as soon as I possibly can. I had to fuel at the gas station this weekend for the first time in 2 months. That wasn't fun!!

Transmission by Racer X!

Old 07-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Senior User

Thanks TJ. I want to recover methanol, but just don't have time to build a venturi now. Like you, I am processing every drop of oil as soon as I get it to stay away from the stations. That is why I use Magnesol.

Most people use pumps to circulate the Magnesol, and it grinds it down in size until it is hard to filter. I move mine around with vacum and pressure, so the Magnesol stays at a larger, more easy to filter, size. Once I aereate away the methanol, it only takes about two hours to filter it (I run it through bag and canister filters twice before it goes through canister filters on the way to the truck) and I have fuel ready for the truck.

How did you build the venturi for your processor or where did you buy it?

Thanks
Old 07-08-2008, 08:59 AM
Post Fiend

I built mine from copper fittings. Its not pretty but it works well. It will suck up my methodoxide from the floor to about 5 1/2 feet where the venturi is. Here is an article that I used to build it
vegetableoildiesel.co.uk - Easy 15 minute venturi for GL processor - Powered by XMB

the sizes are metric but 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4 copper works too

Transmission by Racer X!

Old 07-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Senior User

Thanks TJ, I have not seen those plans before and I might as well recover the methanol. By the way, the guy who built my processor had a simple "tower" with it for Amberlite. But for me, it takes too long to run the fuel through at the manufacturers recommended rate. So, I quit with it and went to the Magnesol. After reading your post, I think I am going to order a centrifuge also to put a final polish on my fuel.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Post Fiend

My centrifuge (spinner II) and pump came today but I won't have a chance to get it rigged until at least Thursday night. Its still a costly setup even though every thing is used. I paid $250 for centrifuge and $100 for the pump and motor. Then I will have some plumbing to pay for as well but not too bad. Still kicking around my barrel setups right now. I have two settling barrels so I am think of making on my centrifuge barrel but at the same time I don't want to loose the option of settling 100 gallons of fuel at the same time. I am also trying to decide whether the spin the WVO before processing. If I can dewater and drop the titration some it might be worth it.

Transmission by Racer X!

Old 07-22-2008, 06:40 AM
Ambassador

hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
tjbeggs
Tim, where did you get your centrifuge and pump at. I`m shopping now and all ideas are welcome

Hanklin

Buford T Justice "There aint No way, No way, that you could come from my loins"
Old 07-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Post Fiend

I got them both off ebay used. The centrifuge works well. The pump that I bought (carbonator vane pump) wasn't any good but I still had the motor to work with so I bought another pump from Grainger. I wish I had just bought a carbonator mount gear pump though. I will try to get some pictures of the setup in the next few days. It takes alot of junk out the oil that for sure.

Transmission by Racer X!

Old 07-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Senior User

Centrifuge

Tim:
How much gunk can your centrifuge hold before you have to clean it out? Most appear to be pretty small.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:24 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
centrifuge, dieselsite, duty, ford, gl, ii, installation, processor, spinner, super, trucks