Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Postmaster

keyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to all
keyul87
A new england price

Hey fellas, I am going to be putting my 79 f150 up for sale soon but have no clue what the value of this truck might be so I was looking for a little help. It's a 79 f150 custom, 2wd, reg. cab, long bed, 300 straight six, 4 speed manual and has a 9" rear end. There is no rust on the front clip of this truck at all, and that is including the frame.

The bottom of the doors have a little bit of rust but not bad at all, the floor pans were fixed a number of years ago and are still solid. Now the bed is in rough shape, I just welded the bed corners up with some angle iron, but you could use the bed for as long as you wanted and be alright. The left side of the bed has bondo over the wheel well and the right side of the outer bed is in easily fixable shape.

Theres some average rust on the rear of the frame but its not bad. It looks like this truck has a payload package or something along those lines, it has 5 spring leaf packs with an over load spring in there as well and coil over shocks. I've had a little over 2600lbs of granite in the bed before with about 2" left til the bump stops.

Now onto the interior, the door panels are garbage and the seat is real torn up. The carpet is in good shape, headliner and floor. It has a flip up sun roof, roof clearance lights (not working). The radio is gone, that crapped out awhile ago, but i do have the harness still so a new one could be wired in. The truck has 170,000 miles on it. The windshield is cracked, but I have a replacement one that whoever buys the truck could have. The tires are in good shape, plenty of tread left, 31's in the rear, 235's in the front.

The only work it needs is the windshield and it needs new rear drums and pads, and the parking brake doesn't move. Other than that the truck starts every time for me, never gives me any trouble besides dieseling on shutoff but just pop the clutch when you turn 'er off and its not a problem.

It had an electric fuel pump put in a few years ago by my old mechanic along with a new exhaust manifold. I hate to part ways with it as I choose to use this truck for any tough work over our 98, but its the smarter decision for me right now. I was wondering what kind of price I should ask for this thing as I've never tried to price something this old so any help would be appreciated.

Keyul
Old 06-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Elder User

FordPickMeUp is starting off with a positive reputation.
can you post a pic of it?an old 2wd 79 f 150 isnt worth much maybe 500 or 600.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Post Fiend

Zookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to behold
i smell a hot-rod project starter.....

ask $1500, and let them work you down to 800, maybe 6. its hard to price it without pics.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:02 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Kyle...it's going to take a powerful case of "want" for that truck to be worth more than a handful!!!

My family's gene pool could use some chlorine!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Postmaster

keyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to all
keyul87
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGKEN View Post
Kyle...it's going to take a powerful case of "want" for that truck to be worth more than a handful!!!
Hah, if I cant get what I am looking for then I will probably just keep it. I'll try and get some pics soon, I was thinking about starting at 1350 and seeing what kind of hits it gets.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:33 PM
NH Chapter Lead Pawn

7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all
I think C4Barnes needs a sister truck for his 73

Price is a funny thing because everyone wants to pay nothing for it.

I let my friends dad borrow my 87 Toyota 4x4 when his truck was in the shop and he was approached by 2 people asking if it was for sale. One guy said "I'll give you $200 for it" and the other guy just asked if it was for sale.
I told my friends dad if he could get $2500 or $3000 for it to sell it

I'd say hold out for $1000 and settle for $800. I bought my 68 F250 4x2 about 2 years ago for $1000. Ran fine and I drove it home. It is dinged and dented but no rust (from CA). I ended up replacing the brakes all around (probably wasn't needed). I fixed a header leak for it to pass inspection in NH.

Maybe get all the lights working and get it inspectable (or closer with just needing rear brakes and e-brake). I think your dieseling problem might just be a timing issue. A few little things to have it bring in a bit more money.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:10 AM
Post Fiend

Zookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to behold
thats a perfect truck for a kid thats going to be getting a license soon, and doesnt have a pot to **** in. that makes it hard to get anything for it.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Elder User

c4barnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.c4barnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7283-F250 View Post
I think C4Barnes needs a sister truck for his 73

Price is a funny thing because everyone wants to pay nothing for it.

I let my friends dad borrow my 87 Toyota 4x4 when his truck was in the shop and he was approached by 2 people asking if it was for sale. One guy said "I'll give you $200 for it" and the other guy just asked if it was for sale.
I told my friends dad if he could get $2500 or $3000 for it to sell it

I'd say hold out for $1000 and settle for $800. I bought my 68 F250 4x2 about 2 years ago for $1000. Ran fine and I drove it home. It is dinged and dented but no rust (from CA). I ended up replacing the brakes all around (probably wasn't needed). I fixed a header leak for it to pass inspection in NH.

Maybe get all the lights working and get it inspectable (or closer with just needing rear brakes and e-brake). I think your dieseling problem might just be a timing issue. A few little things to have it bring in a bit more money.
Sure, it'd be nice to have a "sister," but the discussion my wife are having about another kid would apply here, too. It'd be nice, but it's hard enough taking care of one!

I hate to say it, but it sounds similar to mine, for which I paid $500. If the bed was repairable and it was something I could drive without having to work on it right away (like the brakes), I'd pay a grand easy. Hard to day, you might get that by spending a couple hundred on some brakes and fixing that dieseling issue, but as it is, it might be tough, especially when the first things to go out the window in times like these are hobby projects.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:22 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Well...well...Courtie...the bride wants another little one!!!

Have you discussed this with Peter???

Old 06-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Elder User

c4barnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.c4barnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGKEN View Post
Well...well...Courtie...the bride wants another little one!!!

Have you discussed this with Peter???
The bride and I are in complete agreement in our scared (chevy)less ambivalence. Peter has yet to allow us the privilege of a dinner table conversation, so I've not bothered to bring that up with him!
Old 06-18-2008, 07:09 PM
So Little To Say!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4barnes View Post
The bride and I are in complete agreement in our scared (chevy)less ambivalence. Peter has yet to allow us the privilege of a dinner table conversation, so I've not bothered to bring that up with him!

Old 06-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Elder User

Keyul - If that cab is in good shape and the repairs are straight, you might have luck parting it. The other problem is that there just aren't too many dentsides left for people to need parts for around here.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:20 AM