Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2008, 01:22 PM
New User

stimpy4242 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2007 Expedition Limited POS

I can't stand my expedition. For the amount of money I spent on this limited expedition, it seems like it is a POS. I am not talking about power or the engine. I mean the interior quality. Everything creaks in my car now...all the piece of crap plastic dash, panels, seats. Everytime the car stops my leather seats creak and squeak, the door panel creaks...it just seems like everything was poorly made POS. I thought only saturns were made out of plastic...

Anyone else have these issues...the dealer is like just deal with it.

Also I have had my vehicle in the dealer about 6 times now since I purchased it a year ago...it randomly stalls, which they can't "duplicate." The traction system turns on and powers the vehicle down a bit when driving on a straight dry road, but they can't "duplicate" it...

I am getting so pissed off!
Old 06-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I agree with the dash creaking. Both the 07 and 08 have dash creaks that get worse on warmer days. It's the plastic/plastic connections. I have started taking apart the dash and adding felt pads where the plastic/plastic occurs. It has helped some, but I have only done two parts. Ford instead of adding felt tape to these sections that touch, has added a thick small piece of tape like material behind the clips. Doesn't work well at all.

Have you tried a diff. dealer?

Old 06-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Senior User

namrehs300 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a dash creak that's been there since brand new. Driver's side right at the pillar. Drive's me nuts. Only creaks in warm weather. First dealer installed a new vent and associated pieces after the third time in. No help.

Second dealer said they "couldn't replicate the creak. BS!! I got in it after picking it up and it was chirping. Won't be back to that dealer either.

I have had other small issues like squeaks and rattles and poor interior finishes. It's a nice truck, but in typical US big-three built trucks and cars, the finishes are substandard. Look at the difference between a Cadillac and a Lexus. Look at the difference between a Ford 500 and a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord. Unbelievable how much tighter the Japanese cars are on the finish tolerances. I don't understand, after all these years, why the big three can't have the quality that the Japanese products do.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Postmaster

I agree. I think it is easier for us to tinker with the plastic parts than take it in 20 times. Is it right? Heck no.

Have you tried pulling the plastic handle and A pillar cover off?

Old 06-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Senior User

Something funny - I just clicked on the word "quality" in stimpy's original post and a pop-up comes up for a Jeep.
Jeep - rated at the bottom of quality by JD Powers. (Porsche, Infiniti and Lexus at the top)
Old 06-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry1234 View Post
Have you tried pulling the plastic handle and A pillar cover off?
Have not done that yet. The plastic handle - is that the grab bar you are talking about?
Old 06-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by namrehs300 View Post
Have not done that yet. The plastic handle - is that the grab bar you are talking about?
Yeah. You pop off the two covers than hide the bolt. Looks like just two bolts that hold the handle on. 99% of the plastic on these trucks are held buy clips. The A pillar cover should just pop off. I would drive around with it off, see if the sound goes away. If it does, you can add felt or masking tap around the areas that the clip slides into.

Another area that makes a lot of noise is the cover over the instrument cluster. That can be pried loose by pulling the cover towards you. I added felt to many areas here and it stopped that piece from chirping. I will post pics tomorrow.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Senior User

Looking forward to the felt pics. My chirp is not in the A pillar, it's in the small section piece just above the A/C vent.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Posting Guru

fred_79f250 has a great reputation on FTE.fred_79f250 has a great reputation on FTE.fred_79f250 has a great reputation on FTE.fred_79f250 has a great reputation on FTE.fred_79f250 has a great reputation on FTE.
I'll take it off your hands for $5k.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:25 AM
Freshman User

258exp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
I have a dash creak that's been there since brand new. Driver's side right at the pillar. Drive's me nuts. Only creaks in warm weather. First dealer installed a new vent and associated pieces after the third time in. No help.

Second dealer said they "couldn't replicate the creak. BS!! I got in it after picking it up and it was chirping. Won't be back to that dealer either.

I have had other small issues like squeaks and rattles and poor interior finishes. It's a nice truck, but in typical US big-three built trucks and cars, the finishes are substandard. Look at the difference between a Cadillac and a Lexus. Look at the difference between a Ford 500 and a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord. Unbelievable how much tighter the Japanese cars are on the finish tolerances. I don't understand, after all these years, why the big three can't have the quality that the Japanese products do.
I don't know, they are all junk these days. Every time I have had a Japanese rental car I could not wait to turn it back in. Something about them always seems to feel light duty, flimsy and uninspired.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Looking forward to the felt pics. My chirp is not in the A pillar, it's in the small section piece just above the A/C vent.
Did I send you the pdf's on how to remove that vent? I would bet removing the vent and section above it, putting a felt tape around most sections, would cure the squeaking gremlin.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry1234 View Post
Did I send you the pdf's on how to remove that vent? I would bet removing the vent and section above it, putting a felt tape around most sections, would cure the squeaking gremlin.
No, nothing in my private messages.

Thanks.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
No, nothing in my private messages.

Thanks.
Check out the Dash Squeaks thread I started. The pdfs are there.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:16 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator