Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2008, 05:22 AM
Senior User

EricW. is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Finally did something about it...

So I finally got fed up with the Fool (Buell for those who don't know me), I've had too many problems within the past four months of owning it so I did something about it...

Click the image to open in full size.

Took ownership of it Thursday morning at 11:00am... Best part of it, there were 0 miles on the bike, so no more having to screw with other people's headaches....
Old 06-08-2008, 06:22 AM
decadent and depraved

thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.
You unpatriotic commie...You traded an American made bike on that pos... You should be fined and jailed for treason...:=D

Tim

Many have died on the road to peace...
Old 06-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Freshman User

65Ranger is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did he have a Harley before? Maybe he was tired of putting oil in it.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Senior User

No, I had a Buell that had been in the shop about six times since I've owned it since February, it had issues before I bought it (like being dropped/laid down resulting in frame damage) so I got tired of not being able to ride it...

And Tim, the bike is assembled in the U.S.A. the engine is European and there's numerous Asian parts on here as well...
Old 06-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Senior User

crehberg is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Congrats on the new bike. What kind of mileage that booger get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay View Post
Women species are hard to understand in best of conditions let alone in the untamed territories.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Senior User

Break in kinda sucks, first tank only lasted 115 miles and we'll see how far the second tank goes as I'm at 110 right now (not bad, over 200 miles in two days), but after break in an the 600 Mile service it should pull 200-220 per tank (4.4gal).
Old 06-08-2008, 08:10 PM
decadent and depraved

thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.thorseshoeing has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricW. View Post
And Tim, the bike is assembled in the U.S.A. the engine is European and there's numerous Asian parts on here as well...
I know...there was another thread awhile back were some were praising Harley and buell for being about the only true American bikes and that would be all they would own...

Tim

Old 06-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Senior User

Yeah, I said they were American made, never said I'd only ever own American though, after I get done in Sacramento I'll be coming back up to Idaho and working fire seasons for a few years, pay off the R6 and then go pick up an '09-'10 Triumph Daytona 675....
Old 06-08-2008, 08:57 PM
decadent and depraved

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricW. View Post
Yeah, I said they were American made, never said I'd only ever own American though,
I wasn't talking about you...

Tim

Old 06-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Senior User

Hey, you quoted me ya fool
Old 06-08-2008, 09:06 PM
decadent and depraved

yeah, but I didn't say you were saying...dear god, who let you off the short bus...

Tim

Old 06-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing View Post
...dear god, who let you off the short bus...

Tim
That is a really good question...
Old 06-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Postmaster

ATC Crazy has a very good reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a very good reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a very good reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a very good reputation on FTE.
When it comes to nearly anthing with a small engine (ATV's, dirtbikes, motorcycles, etc...) the foreigners are way, way ahead of America.

My dad and I have put 30,000 (yes, thirty thousand) miles on his Suzuki V-Strom 1000 in just 2 years! Nothing but routine maintenance (and tires....He just put on his 7th set!).

*Edit*

Oh yeah, what year is your R6? 2007? The '08's redline at 17,500RPM

Old 06-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Senior User

It's an '08 R6S, basically last years R6 with better ergos... The '08 R6 is pretty much an all out race bike and I was after a DR over a race bike...
Old 06-09-2008, 12:34 AM