Sponsored by:

Blue tooth in Excursions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 12:46 AM
cudamank
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue tooth in Excursions?

Correct me if I am wrong, which my wife is always willing to let me know, but was a blue tooth module or a way of integrating your cell phone hands free available on the Excursion. Ours is an 05 Limited, and I seem to remember something about them in the brochure. We bought ours used in 06. As of July 1, California requires you to be hands free in the car. Thanks.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Yesprofit
Senior User
I have the '05 Limited as well, but don't remember anything about bluetooth. However, there are quite a few devices out there now (I happen to use the Magellan GPS with bluetooth) that can clip on to the visor. The technology of noise cancelling has improved a lot. I did see them at Costco the other day.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:49 AM
chazman
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use the Garmin nuvi 680 to bluetooth thru the sound system. But be cautioned that you need a FM station frequency that does not brodcast to utilise the system. Also you can not listen to the radio while using the bluetooth thru the vehicles sound system. The geek at the Best Buy told me wrong, He said "tune it to a non playing FM and when a call comes in it would interupt the radio and act live a voice activated and allow the call." WRONG.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:55 AM
whjco
Elder User
You want a bluetooth in your truck? Give a hillbilly a blueberry popsicle and take him for a ride!

Now before some of you get your hackles up, I was born in WV and grew up and live in KY. Even we hillbillies have a sense of humor.

I've got a Garmin 360 that has a bluetooth interface that will work with my cell phone. Although I've owned it for over a year, I've never used it as I prefer to not have phone conversations when I'm driving if at all possible. When I do, I usually use my bluetooth earpiece. I'm really into the "geek" look.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:05 AM
nah2osurfer
New User
I am not aware of anything from the factory for the X. However, that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

I also reside and drive in CA so I have to obey that law too. I have taken out the Ford stereo and installed a Pioneer stereo that is Bluetooth capable. My X is older so I didn't even look to Ford for a solution. Maybe I should have, but the work is already done. But I like my Pioneer. When I am receiving a call, the music volume automatically adjusts down and the call comes over the speakers. Same thing when I make a call. All of the call information is displayed over the stereo display, so I can see who is calling. Makes it nice. Just throwing this in as something to think about.

Happy Trails, G
'01 Limited 4X4

Old 06-07-2008, 02:06 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
Yes, there was factory accessory that intergrated your bluetooth phone to the vehicles sound system called Mobile-ease™.

Heres a link that shows the accessories for the Excursion. (your going to have to look under the electronics section on the sidebar on the left side of the screen, and then there will be a sub section titled phone products and this is where you will find what your looking for.)

Browse the Genuine Ford Accessories catalog

Old 06-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Daviddc114
Senior User
yes, i have bluetooth, and nav... (kenwood DDX-8019)

but if your not trying to get that serious, the BEST product to get, is the parrot....

Parrot 3200 LS-COLOR CK3200LS (ck3200ls) , Bluetooth Car Products, Hands-Free Kits - Sonic Electronix

WORKS AWSOME!!!

and they have a cheaper black & white model.

PARROT CK3100 BLUETOOTH HANDSFREE CAR KIT WITH LCD DISPLAY

personally if i went with one, id get the color, my buddys shop sells ALOT and ive seen them work, THERE AWSOME!!! GO COLOR!!! do a google on the model number you can get them cheap, and try ebay, but i would definetly go this route if you want to save the orignal radio...

Attached Images   
Old 06-07-2008, 09:35 PM
BAJI26
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How do you like that Kenwood? Honestly!

Old 06-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Daviddc114
Senior User
honestly, i love it.. i was going to go with the alpine w205, but honestly there was really no difference in quality, i know most people would say that Alpine is the top of the line, but honestly i have used both and i love this kenwood unit. the nav is garmin, the only flaw in the nav is there is no speed sense wire, (but the alpine w205 has none eaither). i had the Kenwood DVD nav before, and i did like that better, the only problem with the DVD based nav is that when they come out with a new DVD its about $600 tp replace. the garmin / kenood model is SD card, and its only about 50 - 75 to upgrade to new maps. if i had to be brutaly honest id say i like the older kenwood nav a little better, but the radio unit is KICK ***!!! the DVD player IS SWEET!! perfect quality, the touch is AWSOME!! look up the reviews, there pritty good. i would DEFINETLY recomend it!!! and the nav is great, i just like the older unit a bit better, but the new one is still better than any factory nav..