Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

NAVY LAKE G2G Thread. ANSWER UP! (official)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NAVY LAKE G2G Thread. ANSWER UP! (official)

Who will, who won't?

We need planning info

WHAT DAY

Old 06-07-2008, 09:38 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be there. Any weekend is good for me. This meet is yours to plan Dutch. Just take it from here. I'm too busy repairing my kitchen & working to do it.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I'm looking for one more "Okay, let's do it" before I commit. I also need to check with my boss to find out what I'm going to use to fill the tank on the ranger after the last two weeks. (Grrrr...)

I like next saturday. Call it a show-time of around 11AM to noon, and the best way in is via Bethuel road because of the low speed limits on the reservation.

JOIN UP POINT for this one is going to be a no-brainer. We can all park in front of the main facility and see what is open - I bet it all is!

If there is leftover venison around your place bring it - but charcoal and everything is cheaper for me to go get on base once we rendezvous...

We can figure a shopping trip once we arrive, and the grill(s) can be started while I run for stuff. Sound workable?

Old 06-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Between 11 and noon. Let's do it!

Old 06-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
CANCELLED

Sorry about that - maybe another time. I'll still go to the exchange and commissary tomorrow though.

*fussezzz about stuff, walks in a circle twice, and lays down*

"WOOF!"

"Party pooperezzz..."

Old 06-20-2008, 05:47 PM
REAM
New User
Where is this Navy Lake???

Old 06-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Just north of NSA Midsouth, in Millington (the old navy school base). It's a personnel command now.

Look up Millington TN on your favorite map search, and then look just north of it on the other side of the airstrip.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:09 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
I don't understand this chapter. It doesn't matter what someone does to have a G2G no one other than few regulars ever show up. Heck a 4 truck meet is about our top number so far. Wolfie has found a good spot for a meet & only one member has posted up.The weather is great. Lets set a date & throw a good cookout. We have over 75 members in the west Tn area & many in the middle Tn area.
I've driven over 300 miles one way to several meets with another truck site. I will invite them to this meet. We need to turn off our computers & head to Navy lake. I want to meet the members & see some of the great trucks we have in this chapter. Who's with me? Lets have a party!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
*There's also Glenn Springs Lake if we want to have a serious "MASS Fishing Bonanza" one of these days...

Fishing permits for the place are five bucks, I dunno if there's a boat launch fee

Old 07-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Layed Out 100
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been working crazy hours on nights for the past four weeks but tonight is the last night. I have a four day weekend and should go back to sat/sun off for the next few weeks. Im interested!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I'd almost bet the shore fishing around Navy Lake is pretty good for a Rod&Reel HUNTER that knows where fish hang out... There's actually a second lake - more like a pond - next to the main lake. I doubt anybody even thinks about it, so it's liable to be prime Bass territory...

I have absolutely nothing going on this weekend, other than puzzling out where the local economy is going.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:23 AM
Layed Out 100
Posting Guru
That second lake/pond you say dont get much pressure, could a feller get a two man bass boat in it...the plastic one with a trolling moter. How long does it take to get there from Memphis?

Old 07-03-2008, 01:20 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I think the little lake is too small, but a good place to hunt bass. I wonder if there are snags in it that would tear up a cast net....

Old 07-03-2008, 01:36 AM
Layed Out 100
Posting Guru
Is it legal to cast net it? It just surprised me to hear of a public place not pressured so much! when I first moved up here my Brother and I fished Lake View alot with his two man boat. and could get 30# a evening. We would fish it after work.The two man boat could come to work in the back of the truck. A few times we were putting the boat in the water they were having a local bass tournament and we could hear the big boys laughing at us, saying crap like are they riding a sheet of plywood out there?.....We made shure to be back at their weigh in!!! I think their winner would have two med size bass. Our piece of plywood(plastic two man)boat would be coming back across the lake sideways from our stringer. looked like a gater was chasing us.lol after about the third time of us showing them up they all wanted to know how we were doing it. A big boat could not go where we were fishing. hell I had a 18 ranger and my brother has a 20' champion.....those are nice but we were showing lures to fish that dont see lures! Big boats are comfy but we catch fish!

Old 07-03-2008, 01:43 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
You'd have to see it. The little lake I can cast into the trees across....

The main lake is about four acres or more. Hard to judge, it winds around. It could even be double that for all I know.

Far as cast net legal - it's on a federal reservation, but half the time nobody is there to monitor what goes on. It sure isn't TWRA managed!

Quick Reply: NAVY LAKE G2G Thread. ANSWER UP! (official)