Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Air Intakes, Air Filters & Ram Air
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2008, 11:47 AM
New User

OhioBigMan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cold Air intake

I just installed a cold air intake on my 05 F150 Super Crew. almost immediately the check engine light came on. I've taken it to have a diagnostic done. And the only answer I keep getting is that my truck's computer doesn't like the new intake. And the increase in MPGs that I was supposed to see not only didn't happen, but I'm burning more gas now. Does anyone have any input or advise on how to fix this problem?
Old 06-05-2008, 12:47 PM
CO River Rat

Steina is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Steina is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sounds like your intake put the computer in "limp-home" mode, possibly due to a MAF sensor problem (oil from a washable filter?); put the stock unit back on and see if that corrects it.

Steve

Smokestone 2010 Fusion SE 3.0L for Wifey

"I used to be wishy-washy, but now I'm not sure"
Old 06-19-2008, 01:52 AM
Post Fiend

ReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to behold
Check for vacuum leaks, make sure you put the MAF back on right, the arrow should point to the engine, clean the MAF.

</td><td> Look, see these two tow hooks? They look like tusks. And what kind of animal has tusks?</td></tr></table>
Old 06-19-2008, 01:52 AM