Join Chapter, Leader:

Treasure Valley Machine shops

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 04:08 AM
hairyboxnoogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Treasure Valley Machine shops

Hey guys, dont get down here in this section much, but i need some input. I had heard some good things about the 4x4 Shop in Caldwell, but after dealing with them I want to find someone else. Another name i was recommended but know nothing about is Mulders Auto Machine in boise.

Anyone familiar with 6.9 / 7.3 IDI diesels would be a HUGE plus. Not many at all seem to have any clue what they are. I have already spoken with Woods Rebabbiting and theyre not comfortable with 7.3s due to normally needing sleeves (even though mine doesnt) nor are they comfortable with rebuilding something not to factory spec (performance minded build). They were my first choice.

Besides sonic checking and the basics i need the rods narrowed / re-con'd with ARP stuff and pistons milled. The rest is fairly straight forward, square deck, hone, studs top and bottom, balance, girdle and valve job. There are also a few busted head bolts in the right bank.

That said, in the future im looking at having a 351c cleaned up and /or a 408w build for the fairlane. Experience with Clevlands would also be a big plus.

Looking for good machine work for a good price, so no uncles garages nor full on race shops please.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:02 PM
mrpotatohead
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I know I would NOT recommend Northwest motor machine. It's run by a 22 year old kid that thinks he knows everything. He acts like he doesn't care if he has your business or not.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:37 PM
hairyboxnoogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A little late in coming back to this. I would also stay away from The 4x4 Shop in Caldwell. Talked Woods into doing it after the 4x4 shop tried to ruin my block. Bennetts got it fixed and woods got everything cleaned up and in spec.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:26 PM
memoryman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Meridian, check out MERIDIAN AUTOMOTIVE just south of the RR tracks and downtown meridian.
I haven't had any major engine work done but they have all the equipment and are close to meridian speedway,
so maybe they work for some of the track guys.
Worth a shot.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:45 AM
DDDDDMorgan
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Way late jumping into this but I would have my machine work done by Meridian Automotive. My dad used them when Shorty in Nampa passed away. I've had repairs done by them over the years. And to top that off, the mechanic I use for the wife's car, Benchmark Automotive in Garden City, sends their stuff to Meridian Automotive. FWIW