1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuspensionConnection.com???

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:45 AM
khensley
Senior User
Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
SuspensionConnection.com???

Anyone ordered from them?

I ordered a set of Ride-rites for my new 08 F350 on May 10th. The confirmation e-mail stated I should expect delivery in no more than 8-10 days, via UPS. Seemed a little long, but the price and free shipping made sense.

So, fast forward to May 15th, get a hit on my card for the cost of the bags. Cool, should be seeing them anytime!!

May 16th, send an e-mail asking when expected delivery is (original confirmation e-mail stated "simply reply to this e-mail with any questions"). No reply back to me.

May 20th, send another e-mail, again no reply.

May 27th. Call them directly. Person looks up the order number, mumbles something about backorder from Firestone, don't know when they'll be in....takes my phone number and says "I'm calling Firestone right now and I'll call you right back".

Now, it's May 29th, and surprise suprise......no phone call, no e-mail, and no airbags.

What would you do?

I plan on calling again this morning, asking to speak to the manager, and lay out my story. I'm going to ask for immediate express delivery, no charge, or my money back immediately. If I don't get either of these things, I'll contact my card company and dispute the charges.

Opinions?

thanks

kh

Old 05-29-2008, 09:09 AM
03_PSD
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to hear about your troubles. i haven't heard of that company, but sounds like your on the right track. another reason to buy from FTE sponsors. hope you get everything worked out.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:13 AM
CaMo_FroG
Senior User
i ordered some rear helper springs for my old 1992 F150, was a few years ago but didn't have any problems with them. i think they came to me in about a week...

from the sounds of your problem... it seems to me that its the manufacturer that is delaying things .. there isn't much they can do... but seeing as its been 3 weeks you'd think by now they'd have an answer... i would call them too

Old 05-29-2008, 10:46 AM
khensley
Senior User
I guess from a customer service standpoint, the correct thing would've been for them to notify me it was backordered, since they had already taken my money.

And now to not return my requests for information...........

kh

Old 05-29-2008, 01:11 PM
sealboy84
Senior User
Going the manager route is the right way to go. If he does not have an answer, go above his head. I have only had an order problem once, and it was not with this company, but it was a similar situation. I called them twice a day for a week, until they finally shipped the parts I needed for half price. I'm not saying that this was appropriate, but it worked.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:44 PM
khensley
Senior User
Just talked to them (I called again).

Basically..."it's not our fault". Firestone backordered, not them, out of their hands.

Of course, I said I paid Suspension Connection, not Firestone, and I expected a notification of why the parts did not show within the specified time frame. And, of course, that didn't get any reply. He did say they were scheduled to be shipped from Firestone on June 6th.

If I haven't received by June 12th I'll cancel and put a hold on my card, and let them duke it out.

kh

Old 05-30-2008, 10:08 AM
khensley
Senior User
surprise, surprise.

got a UPS tracking e-mail this morning, shipped from SuspensionConnection warehouse this morning!

that's interesting.

I guess squeeky wheel gets the grease.

kh

Old 05-30-2008, 10:10 AM
03_PSD
Postmaster
good to hear!

Old 05-30-2008, 11:22 AM
DaveAK
Senior User
Bought some Bilsteins from them last year. Received the fronts promptly but had to wait a week more for the rears.
Same thing though. No notice of what was going on, had to call to get an answer