Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2008, 04:20 PM
New User

rdhoss is starting off with a positive reputation.
New Owner!

We just purchased a 2007 Eddie Bauer EL with about 30K miles.

We've only had it a few days, but so far, we love it. I still can't believe how quiet and smooth this truck is. My wife has been amazed at how well it turns in tight spots.

It didn't have reverse sensors on it, so I will be adding that myself. My wife will be driving it for her commute, and she parks in a garage, so she wanted the backup beepers to help her get out of her parking spot.

We took it back to the dealer to have a DVD player installed, and we should have it back on Friday.

So far, we love this truck! The space is unbelievable, and the folding 3rd row seat is to die for.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Freshman User

mjdoyle is starting off with a positive reputation.
rdhoss...

Congrats on your purchase. I too am a recent (month or so) new owner of an Expedition. You both are going to love it! I actually look forward to the weekends where I can swipe the keys from my wife and put some miles on!

Like yours, my wife was worried of the vehicle length when backing up (we have an EL) so I added in the VR3 wireless backup camera. (Wal-Mart, under $100) We live in a somewhat rural area so I don't see much if any interference. I did purchase the hardwire kit for it, and have found that the hardwire actually has a worse picture quality than the wireless. It is mounted to the left of my RVM using a universal radar detector mount, and hardwired into the vehicle so there is no visible wiring. May be a less expensive option to the reverse sensors - don't know what those run.

As an added bonus, I can now do trailer hookups solo.

-Mike
2000 Mercury Mountaineer V6
2008 Expedition EL XLT
2001 Keystone Bobcat 280BH
Old 05-27-2008, 05:16 PM