Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Elder User

meanv10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sweet fricken truck!

I would do the same but I dont think I would be able to pull a goose neck trailer very well. lol

BTW no matter what you do to your truck or any thing, people will HATE. Trust me the same goes for ATV's and any hobby you get into.

just make sure that whatever you do is Safe and legal and after that there is no reason for give a flying @#$% what anyone else has to say

Oh and welcome to FTE
35" Baja Mtzs
sold
mini maxed 08 6.4 that was totaled.....
Old 05-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Senior User

four4x4fords is starting off with a positive reputation.
Merriam Webster dictionary definition of "CUSTOMIZING" :to build, fit, or alter according to individual specifications.
Doesn't appear to mention anything about spending your own hard earned money on building something to please a group of strangers on a Internet forum....
14' Explorer Wife's Driver
58 Fairlane 500
53 CJ3B off brand orphan
Old 05-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Post Fiend

STGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to behold
unsubscribed.

reason: not worth the ban hammer.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Post Fiend

chrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to all
ditto....... Wow.
Welding a 9"
Very simple front bumper
Lowering Spring Towers

Hi, I'm Andrew and I have a wheelin problem that is often disrupted by fabbin and drinkin, glad to meet yall.

STGs MinionsTechnical Advisor
Old 05-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Hey man - if Doc Brown can have a "MISTER FUSION" on a DeLorean - I can do whatever I want to my truck, and so can you, and so can he.

It gets godawful expensive though...

The very first BIGFOOT was what?

Stupid? Redneck? Ignorant? A waste of time and money? RIDICULOUS???

But look at where it went after that...

I like CRAFTSMAN TRUCKS personally.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Post Fiend

STGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
It gets godawful expensive though...

The very first BIGFOOT was what?

Stupid? Redneck? Ignorant? A waste of time and money? RIDICULOUS???
I guess I didnt unsubscribe because I got an email. Im glad I did because I have a very good answer for what youve just mentioned.

The first bigfoot wasnt all that special. 75 F250 D44 front D60 rear 390FE and 35" tires.

The most popular "first bigfoot" was a 78 F250 D60/D60 460 with something like 44" groundhawgs. Bob quickly realized that at this level stock axles transmissions transfer cases etc werent going to cut it so he swapped in Rocks and later some ags.

My point is stock whatever year this is F350 components are not strong enough to handle this size tire.

END OF STORY.....IM OUT!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:08 PM
just another Rockwell looser

quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STGFordCrazy04 View Post
I guess I didnt unsubscribe because I got an email. Im glad I did because I have a very good answer for what youve just mentioned.

The first bigfoot wasnt all that special. 75 F250 D44 front D60 rear 390FE and 35" tires.

The most popular "first bigfoot" was a 78 F250 D60/D60 460 with something like 44" groundhawgs. Bob quickly realized that at this level stock axles transmissions transfer cases etc werent going to cut it so he swapped in Rocks and later some ags.

My point is stock whatever year this is F350 components are not strong enough to handle this size tire.

END OF STORY.....IM OUT!
im wondering if the brakes are up to it.......especially trying to stop them heavy 53's......thats why im using 16" rotors and 4 piston calipers.....

04' F150
96' F150: 96' f150 4link 2.5 tons etc etc etc....
Old 05-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by STGFordCrazy04 View Post

END OF STORY.....IM OUT!
So - you are quitting before you see the story develop?

You can you know...

I think military axles won't handle it. For bigger than 44" a reduction gear hub is essential. If it goes there - SHOOT OH DEAR!

Fight a man over his truck. I don't science it....

We come here to study out the way HOW TO!

IF YOU CAN GITTY UP - LET'S GO!

You do it, boy. I hope you can weld.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:25 PM

quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
I think military axles won't handle it. For bigger than 44" a reduction gear hub is essential. If it goes there - SHOOT OH DEAR!
what the hell?.......wrong!

04' F150
Old 05-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Like a 36 spline on direct drive won't bust....
Old 05-30-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Like a 36 spline on direct drive won't bust....
what the hell is 36 splines?

04' F150
Old 05-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Post Fiend

cartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to all
I don't mind big trucks, but they shouldn't be useless street queens. Build it to do what it looks like it can do.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:43 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadzjr View Post
what the hell is 36 splines?
One of the biggest axles you can get. Thick steel don't bust in a bog...

*I could be wrong - it may be thirty eight, but I doubt it. Either way, get the biggest SOB you can, made of the best steel out there.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:15 AM
Elder User

meanv10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmanea View Post
I don't mind big trucks, but they shouldn't be useless street queens. Build it to do what it looks like it can do.
He was saying that he has taken it off road before.

I dont understand why people get there panties in a bunch when the kid is asking a question, not bragging. And they have to throw him under the bus because he has some stock components. He clearly stated he would eventually up grade them and Is waiting.

Its like what I do I modify some parts of the truck and when other factory parts break down I upgrade to bigger and better.

And I dont get what SGTford was saying?
35" Baja Mtzs
sold
mini maxed 08 6.4 that was totaled.....
Old 05-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Junior User

Bigskyduty is starting off with a positive reputation.
this thread has de-railed.

Rick
Old 05-31-2008, 09:45 AM