Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Junior User

aander88 is starting off with a positive reputation.
all ive got for you is....jealous!
Old 05-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Freshman User

Imondi is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had three fill-ups between Phoenix and Denver, all of which were between 13 and 15 mpg. That's highway though, city mileage isn't pretty i will tell you that!

And I did not come here looking for criticism, I had a question on whether anyone had any experience with a wheel and tire combo that I am interested in. You can say whatever you want about it...I will build it the way I want it and if you want one different, then get off your ***, get a job, and build one for yourself!
Old 05-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Post Fiend

captain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imondi View Post
then get off your ***, get a job, and build one for yourself!

anyway...

did you recal the speedo for the huge tires? I'm willing to bet thats why you think you're getting such good mileage.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Freshman User

Imondi is starting off with a positive reputation.
No, i havent't recalibrated the speedo yet, but that would have the opposite effect. It would show that you went less miles than you actually did. I had a buddy follow me in a small car and used his odometer when filling up. Then, when I got home, I mapquested the distance from my house to the gas station I filled up at before I left phoenix. I used that distance and the total amount of fuel I used on the entire drive to calculate the mpg...if there is a more accurate way of doing it, please let me know!
Old 05-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Posting Guru

SUPERDUTY_untouchabl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Did the stock trany give out or did you just have it rebuilt? Great looking truck btw.
04 F150 4.6l Gryphon Powered 2wd reg cab XL 3:55 LS SISO Flowmaster S40 NCD Customs 2.5" Leveling Kit Burner High Power Fog Lights 285/70/17 BFG A/T KO's
Old 05-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Posting Guru

78bigbronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Actually that would be the opposite, bigger tires with same cal would mean for every tank of gas the odo would show a lot less miles. Now with whatever calibration has been done I wonder if its accurate, not that a doubt the mpg too much, the 7.3 often got pretty good milleage. But I worry about the axles a little.

Edit: you ninja'd me. As far as a more accurate way I'd say find a friend with a gps and borrow it, or spend $100 on a programmable spedo.

09 F-350 V10 4x4 6spd CC/8' ordered 5/26/09 delivered 7/6/09
99 F-150 V6 4x4 5spd RegCab/Short bed
78 Big Bronco 4x4 (a work in progress)
Old 05-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Posting Guru

Vijay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_PSD View Post
wow.....14 mpg with all stock but a chip.............................you pulling our leg
I guess he is, my dually does not crank out anything more than 14MPG!
Chip, Mug or tug!!!
no offense, the truck looks good for a daily driver/mall-crawling( if the $ does not matter running it), but I feel the tires are way too high! it's personal taste, I guess. In essence, too much tires for me, I would invest in a Jeep for off road purposes or better a H1!

Old 05-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Elder User

countryboy116 has a very good reputation on FTE.countryboy116 has a very good reputation on FTE.countryboy116 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
And I did not come here looking for criticism, I had a question on whether anyone had any experience with a wheel and tire combo that I am interested in. You can say whatever you want about it...I will build it the way I want it and if you want one different, then get off your ***, get a job, and build one for yourself!
Were simply looking out for your safety and ours, and the overall longevity of this truck, its a nice truck that has some potential with some work done to it. And if im not mistaken didn't you say that you had someone else build it, you just simply changed the panyard bar (so wouldn't that mean that you actually sat on your a$$ while someone else built it? sounds a little hypocritical to me) don't take everything so offensive, its just constructive criticism.
-SOON: D44HD/sterling 10.25, 4.10s, 36s
...Just a Good Ole Boy
IN TOO DEEP Offroad Club!
Old 05-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Quote:
I had three fill-ups between Phoenix and Denver, all of which were between 13 and 15 mpg. That's highway though, city mileage isn't pretty i will tell you that!

Truer words were never spoken! Duane Allman said it best: "Wasted words - will never be heard..."

WHATEVER the mileage is, I LIKE THAT TRUCK!!!
Old 05-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Quote:
A) The stock 7.3 with a chip has absolutely no problem turning the tires that are on it now!

B) The axles are stock on it and the gears are being swapped out currently for a set of 4.88's

C) I did a full Stage 2 tranny that does not seem to have a problem with the oversize tires. (And it is warrentied if it does)

D) The brakes are stock. However, I purchased a 350 since the brakes are beefier than the stock 250.

E) What would a truck be without an aftermarket sound system?! haha

I am fully aware that the truck is not near as tough as some out there. This is how I purchased the truck and It is my mission to make it one of the toughest out there. I am starting with the tires bc the ones that are on it now are rated to 2k pounds and 15 mph. Currently, it is without a doubt a pavement pounder. I am just taking it step by step into making this one of the toughest trucks around!
THAT is the best way to do it.

You're doing two things that I applaud loudly:
1) Taking your time.
2) Thinking BIG to begin with.

It'll all work out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf
What do you mean I can't have a dream? I dream every night, and sometimes during the day. If you mean to tell me I can't make my dreams come true - I hope you have NIGHTMARES about it...
Old 05-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Post Fiend

liftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to behold
That is a SWEEEEET looking ride you have! I wish I would have seen it when you were driving around PHX, oh nevermind, I probably would have wrecked my truck trying to get a better look at yours.
01 F-350 lariat 4x4, cc lb, 6.5" lift, 37's, WW, lateral traction bars, zoodad, mag-hytec rear diff/trans pan, 4" turbo back exhaust, SCT X3 with 80E from DP, guages, foil delete, 6637 w/ cover (Thanks Pete), Bilsteins
PAA #18
Old 05-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

That's what I'm saying - there may be shortcomings for now - but he's on the right track!

Axles for it will be interesting, unless he goes with a planetary hub system. ($$$$$$.....)
Old 05-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Post Fiend

chrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to all
Thing is going to eat unit bearings left and right. If you want to go that big, either kingpin 60 for light use, or toploaders.
Welding a 9"
Very simple front bumper
Lowering Spring Towers

Hi, I'm Andrew and I have a wheelin problem that is often disrupted by fabbin and drinkin, glad to meet yall.

STGs MinionsTechnical Advisor
Old 05-29-2008, 08:38 PM
just another Rockwell looser

quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STGFordCrazy04 View Post
FAIL!

gdmf10cl
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......classic!

and agreed....

04' F150
96' F150: 96' f150 4link 2.5 tons etc etc etc....
Old 05-30-2008, 04:20 PM
Senior User

rugerman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Where do you keep the step ladder to get in that thing?
Old 05-30-2008, 04:20 PM