Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > New Mexico Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Mexico Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: CelticDevilDog

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2008, 05:03 PM
New User

NMRed is starting off with a positive reputation.
Red face Messing around and got stuck!

So..... I went to the local auto parts store to pick up some oil and a filter. On the way out I remembered there is a little hill out back, 4 or 5 feet tall. I have been up this hill a few times in various vehicles so I thought I would give it a go in my, new to me, '05 Screw.
I went up the left side of the hill with no issues. The right side of the hill was a bit steeper and it did not look like too many people had been up it.
I put it in 4 Lo and start up the small hill. Front wheels roll over the top and then..... high centered ! I try reverse, nothing, forward nothing!
The left front wheel is off the ground, the left frame rail is on the ground at about the middle of the back door. I did not get to look at the rear wheels to see how they were sitting because a cheby s-10 comes bashing up the left side of the hill . The young driver gets out and hooks a tow rope up to the front of my truck, I tell him there is no way he is going to be able to pull me UP the hill. He tries anyway, no success. He drives back down the hill and hooks up in back, he starts a pullin, and down the hill I come!
Crap.... This guy is dancin and a prancin about a little old cheby pulling a big bad Ford off the hill.
What can I say but THANKS!
I hope I gave someone a good laugh, I know the cheby guy was laughing! I did after a bit.
I do have a question after this long story. Should I have been getting traction from the right front wheel that was planted firmly on the ground. I would have thought I could drop it in reverse and come on down the hill, but I gots nothing!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Postmaster

KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.
the front axle is not a locker, it is a limited slip, sounds like time for a upgrade!!
K40 2000 Radar & Laser 48 Gal fuel tank-Pioneer AVIC-D3,3 amps,12' sub, DVD, TV in headrests
JOIN NEW MEXICO CHAPTER HERE!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Postmaster

RDJ184 is a splendid one to beholdRDJ184 is a splendid one to beholdRDJ184 is a splendid one to beholdRDJ184 is a splendid one to beholdRDJ184 is a splendid one to beholdRDJ184 is a splendid one to beholdRDJ184 is a splendid one to behold
anything but a chubby ........ what can you say?
Old 05-21-2008, 05:22 PM
New User

Limited slip..... ah ha! I just noticed that if you are typing 4x4 and hit the shift key you get $X$.
Thanks KR!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Postmaster

RDJ184 is a splendid one to beholdRDJ184 is a splendid one to beholdRDJ184 is a splendid one to beholdRDJ184 is a splendid one to beholdRDJ184 is a splendid one to beholdRDJ184 is a splendid one to beholdRDJ184 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMRed View Post
Limited slip..... ah ha! I just noticed that if you are typing 4x4 and hit the shift key you get $X$.
Thanks KR!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Postmaster

KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.KRDiesel has a great reputation on FTE.
$X$ yep, sounds about right, you have to pay to play!!

If you lightly hold the brake it helps trainsfer the power
K40 2000 Radar & Laser 48 Gal fuel tank-Pioneer AVIC-D3,3 amps,12' sub, DVD, TV in headrests
Old 05-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Senior User

jaynalbu is starting off with a positive reputation.
woooooooooooow that sucks.
Now you know why I put in lockers. Sorry you had to bear that embarrassment bro.
Jason

Old 05-22-2008, 05:17 AM
New User

It's all good! I will just have to look around for the cheby people before I go and get stuck again. Ha Ha!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
Nothing like wheelin' with a long wheel based truck....LOL

Years ago I had a 4 door, 1 ton GMC 2wd. I was out cruising around outside of town and managed to high center the beast on a very small dirt berm....

Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 05-22-2008, 08:31 AM
Postmaster

yes it can happen to the best of us
Old 05-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Postmaster

Atleast you had someone to help.. Last time I got stuck I was on the top of Taylor. No cell service. Took hours to dig her out of the snow with my hands.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:22 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > New Mexico Chapter