New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FOBS REMOTE ENTRY TRANSMITTER

Old 08-05-2001, 03:24 PM
e715
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have lost one of my fobs, I have an aftermarket security system that unlocks the door. I have used the owners manual instructions to try, to make the fobs unworkable. I have not had any success. Does any one know how I can program my truck so that the fobs transmitters do not work. I do not want to go to the dealer and get ripped off. 2001 f150 xlt triton v8. I tried to locate the antenna wire for the transmitter but had no luck. Any help or advive would be helpful.

Thanks

ET
Email e715(No Email Addresses In Posts!)

Old 08-06-2001, 03:01 PM
JimCaudill
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#1. For replacements go to ebay, there are always a few for anywhere from $10 to $30 (I just bought 2 extra for $35 including shipping)
#2. Same thing for the PATS keys
#3. Go through the procedure for programming your vehicle to accept the FOB that you still have. When you do this, all the transmitters will be deleted form the vehicle's system and only the one that you re-enter will work.
#4. If you don't know how to reprogram your remote key FOB's, it goes something like this:
Start with your ignition key in the locked postion.
Turn the key to the off position and make a mental note of the angle the key is at.
Begin turning the key to the "On" position and say "1".
Turn the key back to the "off" position and back to "On" and say "2".
Keep doing this until you reach "8" with the key in the "On" position and leave the key in the "On" position.
The dorr lock will cycle down and up to indicate you are ready to program the Fob's.
Within 10 seconds press either the door "lock" or "unlock" button on the Fob. The locks will again cycle to indicate the transmitter has been programmed in.
Continue with any additional Fob's you may wish to use (up to 4)
Turn the key to the off position.
Only the Fob's programmed at this session will be active - the lost one will no longer work. If you find it later on, all Fob's will have to be rentered at the same time to make it work again.