Any ideas on what caused this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:58 PM
jaynalbu
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any ideas on what caused this?

Hello all,

Today I went to Discount Tires to get my A/T's rotated. After taken the front right off I saw a fluid on top of my diff. I crawled under and found it was coming from the breather hose, so I thought. After the tires were done I drove over to AutoZone to price some pads. (Next to do) When I got out I took a look under the truck and found a butt load of the same fluid that I had just wiped off. Upon looking closer I found that the little piece the screw attached to had actually backed out. I bought some better hose clamps and switched it out after tightening it back down. It actually turned a lil over a full turn.
Anybody have an idea why this happened? What could have happened if I had not caught this?
Thanks
Jason

Old 05-22-2008, 02:26 AM
sealboy84
Senior User
Vibration. That would be my guess. Either that or the thieves were trying to steal the fluids out of your truck while they were taking the tailgate. ( sorry I couldn't resist )

Old 05-22-2008, 02:33 AM
jaynalbu
Senior User
Originally Posted by sealboy84
Vibration. That would be my guess. Either that or the thieves were trying to steal the fluids out of your truck while they were taking the tailgate. ( sorry I couldn't resist )
Ha ha If that were true I might get a lil pleasure out of the fact that they could have sipped on a lil.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:33 AM
RDJ184
Postmaster
my gess would be expansion contraction.... hot cold you get the idea