2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you buy a new Truck if it had............

Old 05-16-2008, 03:39 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you buy a new Truck if it had............

Would you buy a new truck that had the alignment off right off sales lot/ steering wheel was off centered as well ? Probably should have asked this question awhile ago, but was thinking back, the test drive the alignment was off and didn't think anything of it, thought it was just slight adjustment needed as it was a new truck and all. I mean is that common right off sales lot? I bought it still but have noticed some minor things but are still things like sometimes I dont feel straight while driving on some roads especially roads with a crown I feel like sideways, flat roads with no crowns I can let go of the wheel and she goes and feels straight, so dont know. I have measured from back wheels to front and all seems close 10ft. some inches both sides (back tire to front), the toe on the driver rear tire points more inward then the right rear tire which makes it seem light its off as the right rear is out more on the left side then driver side rear tire is from wheel well. What else should I do/look for in inspection of things? Thanks

Old 05-16-2008, 03:51 PM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any chance it was dropped of the carrier while being unloaded????

Old 05-16-2008, 04:21 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
maybe........

Maybe was (dropped/or fell off the truck while unloading), there is some scratches under the receiver of trailer hitch, I know I didn't do it! But having the truck since January be hard to prove that I did not do it. I already had to have the bed adjusted and that didn't come out perfect, better though but not real even with the cab, windsheild cowl (cowling) is closer to the passenger side part of the hood then the driver side, were only talking about 1/8th of an inch. I SWEAR that when I let go of wheel while driving down a flat straight road/street it goes straight no problems.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:53 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If it was brand new and the alignment was off then no i wouldn't have bought it. But if that was in January that you bought the truck then you aren't going to prove you bought it like that. Uhhh... i dunno man that sucks. Maybe tell the dealership exactly what the problem is and what you think is the cause and see what they can do.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:24 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
ya.....

Ya I know Fordtruckman, but the anxiety of getting a new truck that day and I knew the alignment was out just figured easy fix and they did fix the alignment, like mentioned the truck goes straight on flat surfaces like streets and roads but it seems like alot of over steer going on when the road becomes slanted or crowned at an angle, was told normal but it also seems Iam always a little off when I park in a park space, like never really straight on when I try, Iam like going nuts crazy over this! No mechanical issues so thats good no vibrations or clanks when take off so thats good, it just seems like Iam not straight and it literately pisses me off.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:39 PM
FatalErrorz
Senior User
I wouldn't have bought it if the alignment was off, even if the dealer said they'd fix it right then and there. Your dealer obviously doesn't check his inventory during the prep. The lot I used to work at (yep, I quit and went back to HVAC) has a Lincoln MKX with an MSRP of 51k on it, and someone had hit it in the parking lot apparently. It had a scratch on the bumper fascia, and a busted lower reflector on it. Dealer said he was going to sell it and if the customer noticed, then they would fix it. New dealer bought the lot. I quit the next day, along with 4 of the other guys. They wanted us to work bell to bell (8:30am to 9pm) 6 days a week. Beyond crazy. Money was great, and averaged 5-6k a month while I worked there, but the new owner was/is clueless. I have a life other than selling cars. Make more doing HVAC anyhow.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:55 AM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thinking back when i bought my truck when i drove it at the dealership i noticed the rear window squeaking and thought that it was just something that could be fixed because i was so excited about getting the truck. Today the squeak still exists and we haven't been able to get rid of it.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:19 AM
FatalErrorz
Senior User
Originally Posted by fordtruckman
Thinking back when i bought my truck when i drove it at the dealership i noticed the rear window squeaking and thought that it was just something that could be fixed because i was so excited about getting the truck. Today the squeak still exists and we haven't been able to get rid of it.
A lot of times, the dealership has already looked at it during the prep, and realize they can't fix it, but know Ford will balk at replacing it under warranty. Someone will buy the truck, the dealer will say they'll "fix that for you", you'll turn it in, and they'll try again.

They just want them sold. It's easier for you to deal with the Service Department, than it is for the dealership to try to send something back to Ford. I am completely disillusioned after a 6-month stint with a dealership.

Search this Thread