Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Elder User

c4barnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.c4barnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Worcester Bumpside Hi Boy on eBay

The baddest of 'em all. Anyone know this rig? It's been through a few auction cycles. Were I a richer man with a bigger driveway I might overlook the price...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-FORD-F-250-4X4-HIGHBOY-F-250-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ160240094897QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem160240094897&
Old 05-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Posting Legend

sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4barnes View Post
The baddest of 'em all. Anyone know this rig? It's been through a few auction cycles. Were I a richer man with a bigger driveway I might overlook the price...

eBay Motors: Ford : F-250 (item 160240094897 end time May-19-08 15:43:18 PDT)

New cab mounts and you would have a great truck....
Old 05-16-2008, 12:38 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Seems like an awful lot of money for something with the rust issues that were disclosed...which is probably a lot less than there is.

My family's gene pool could use some chlorine!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Posting Legend

sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGKEN View Post
Seems like an awful lot of money for something with the rust issues that were disclosed...which is probably a lot less than there is.

Another thing to go with that is..What is the real milage?
Old 05-16-2008, 01:12 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

donjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputation
I think that is a bit high for the condition..

I wonder what kind of rot is hiding under that paint and bondo??

Although I don't have one of those in my yard...
Don #3 SlackMaster
Chapter Leader of the Massachusetts Chapter
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
2006 F350 Lariat CC Super Duty, 6.0 L Diesel
FTE Fraternity OF Blue Max
Old 05-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Elder User

c4barnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.c4barnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjamer View Post

I was gonna say...

It seems that everyone with this vintage wants the moon for it. There's definitely a surprise or 2 lurking in the floors, given the undersides. It's been on ebay for a long time; maybe that starting bid will come down a bit one time.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:29 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

donjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputation
Quote:
I was gonna say...

It seems that everyone with this vintage wants the moon for it. There's definitely a surprise or 2 lurking in the floors, given the undersides. It's been on ebay for a long time; maybe that starting bid will come down a bit one time.
What I would do is wait until the bid ends.. If it doesn't sell, then contact him to go see it in person.. You might be able to get it down once you see it and talk directlt to him..

Your right some of these people think just because it is over 20 years old and still on the road that it is worth what ever they want to ask..

I don't care if it is a mint 70 F250, it is still only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.. If everyone thinks it is worth 5K then that's what it is worth..
Don #3 SlackMaster
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
Old 05-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Posting Legend

My first F-100 pick up truck had so much Bondo it would float on the lake......
Old 05-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Elder User

I love that truck tho. Spent my formative years riding around the back of one exactly like that, except the Old Man eschewed the 360 for a built 390.

It's been though at least 1 other eBay auction, 'cause I kept running into it when I was looking for a truck. Can't remember the starting bid then, though.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:54 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Quote:
I was gonna say...

What would you know about surprises lurking in the floors???

Old 05-16-2008, 02:56 PM
So Little To Say!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjamer View Post

My point exactly...generally the rust that is apparent is only 10% of what is there!!! This truck is a ticking time bomb...any purchaser should have a good body shop available.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Elder User

Quote:
What would you know about surprises lurking in the floors???
Lol - about as much as I know about surprises lurking in engine blocks!
Old 05-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Elder User

Quote:
My point exactly...generally the rust that is apparent is only 10% of what is there!!! This truck is a ticking time bomb...any purchaser should have a good body shop available.
Any truck in this state is a ticking timebomb. Just ask any Tundra owner...
Old 05-16-2008, 04:31 PM
So Little To Say!!!

Quote:
Any truck in this state is a ticking timebomb. Just ask any Tundra owner...

There are a few Tacoma owners who recently had to find new transportation...quickly!!!

Old 05-16-2008, 04:32 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
There are a few Tacoma owners who recently had to find new transportation...quickly!!!

I am sure you were all to willing to show them the error of their ways..
Don #3 SlackMaster
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
Old 05-16-2008, 04:32 PM