Killin the little man

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 08:53 PM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
Killin the little man

Just like the song by Alan Jackson
I had to lay off 7 great employees in order to hire 4 licensed contractors to offset these ridiculusly high fuel prices
The 1500 to 2000 a week I was paying to payroll taxes are now eatin up by b;;s fuel bills
Sorry to rant ,Im just pissed off

Hanklin

Old 05-14-2008, 08:58 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's not gonna get any better anytime soon,,,, if it's any consolation - it's not your fault. Your hands were tied......

Old 05-14-2008, 09:29 PM
bigsteve1969
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by white Buffalo
- it's not your fault. Your hands were tied......
true but some folks aint gonna look at it that way. just the way things go... kinda like high food prices folks dont wanna hear about the reason behind it they just want it changed now and expect the store to take up the loss!

Old 05-14-2008, 09:34 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
True,

But I know the pain all too well. When I owned my own remodeling business there was some weeks I didn't get paid because I had to give a few thousand bucks a quarter to payroll taxes.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:39 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My company has been slashing jobs left and right, yea i,m ticked but what can you do. It,s all economics. You got to do what you got to do, it,s called survival.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:44 PM
GEugeneS
Laughing Gas
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Sad to say but until if and when we get leaders that want more than to hold on to their power, it's going to get worse. I wouldn't have believed a few years ago that we could have an oil crisis and not one of the 3 remaining presidential candidates has any solution, reason being of course is it could be controversial to have a actual plan, and that might hurt their chances of being president. Sad, very sad.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:45 PM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It sucks!!! I'm in a spot myself right now. My wood shavings for my horses just went from $650 last month to $938 this month. Thats for 60 yards that usually lasts on to two months... Only problem is we don't have any employees to fire. We're a non-profit and are volunteer based! Looks like I'm going to have to raise rates which I havnt done in 4 years and it makes me sick to think about!!!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:36 PM
bigsteve1969
Posting Guru
well everybody is gonna have to raise their rates except the folks that can't afford to and they have no choice but to close down and i hate to get off topic but what is up with dodge's 2.99 gas/diesel selling point.. i mean i know their desperate but 2.99... there's some evidence they can GUARENTEE 2.99/gal for 3 years speaking of who's layin with the exxon exec's

Old 05-14-2008, 10:46 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by bigsteve1969
well everybody is gonna have to raise their rates except the folks that can't afford to and they have no choice but to close down and i hate to get off topic but what is up with dodge's 2.99 gas/diesel selling point.. i mean i know their desperate but 2.99... there's some evidence they can GUARENTEE 2.99/gal for 3 years speaking of who's layin with the exxon exec's
I didn't look into the details but if your paying full price for the truck to get the fuel deal, they are getting their money.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:04 PM
makomaker
Elder User
Don't worry... President Obama will solve eveyone's problems...if you think you get taxed to death right now just vote that mf into office.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:18 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
To be honest, i don't like any of them, think this is the worst bunch of kinivin idiots iv,e ever seen. Look at my sig pic, sorry, i didn't mean to insult the three stooges.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:24 PM
randomhero1172
Posting Guru

Looked into it - Apparently with the purchase of their lovely POS, you receive a credit card to be used ONLY when filling up. It will automatically charge you only 2.99 / gallon. Its locked in for 3 years

Thats about all i know.

sorry to - You did what you had to do. Our small business has done the same stuff lately, it hurts but its them or you and as cruel as it sounds its true. Maybe you will get a chance to make amends full circle - lifes funny and works in strange ways - keep the faith

Old 05-14-2008, 11:28 PM
That_Guy
Postmaster

Official Dodge Site - Refuel America - $2.99 Gas Guarantee

this is basiclly it here "Program participants use a special card linked to their MasterCard or Visa credit card account. The card may be used to purchase enough fuel at $2.99 per gallon to travel up to12,000 miles per year in each of the next 3 years. So no matter what the price at the pump says, you'll never have to pay more than $2.99 per gallon for qualifying fuel"

But my parents own a small buisness and the fuel prices are killing us, the kids want more money bc they need to pay for gas and then the cost of everything is goin up...when will it ever end

Old 05-14-2008, 11:51 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
My wife own,s her own beauty shop and she had to raise her prices on coloring products because they went up. Crazy economy we have here.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:40 AM
Markadeck
Gone, but not forgotten
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, here's another one that thinks the high fuel prices are the oil companies fault. If they were to lower THEIR prices 15 cents a gallon they would be losing money. Then they would have to go out of business in a very short time and then what would we do for fuel. If you're blaming big oil for problems created entirely by the government please do not even bother to vote this year. Just this week another bill that would have allowed drilling for US oil was defeated in Congress by the majority idiots. Now who's in bed with who?

Quick Reply: Killin the little man