Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
Unhappy I don't know about you folks.....

But I seem to be going broke in a hurry I have 2 businesses that are based as a mobile service, and require travel to and from the job. Fuel prices have increased $.30 in the last 10 days. If this trend continues, I might have to do something that I had promised myself that I wouldn't, I might have to quit and go to work for someone else and let them have the overhead
In south AR logging is one of the major industries, but with the fuel prices and mill closings, it seems like it will suffer greatly. The loggers are one of my main meal tickets, as I work on equipment.
My other business has to do with RV repair, who can afford to go camping when it costs over $100 to fill the tank? We RV too, but have cut our trips to the minimum, one this week for a group campout and then for the GTG next month. After that, I don't see the RV leaving the yard unless I hit the lottery
I hope everyone else is fairing a little better during these tough times, it just seems that the Great American Dream was within reach, but has become a distant memory that I can't seem to see anymore. Sorry to seem so blue, it is raining and it is difficult to work in the field when it is doing so.

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:15 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Hold on, baby hold on. Cause it's closer than you think, and your standing on the brink.......gotta love KANSAS

It's friggin brutal right now.....but we just gotta hang in there a little more. Sooner or later this wave is going to come crashing to shore. I think by the end of the year we'll see a marked reduction in fuel prices....and by the middle of 09 things will be something closer to "normal"......probably in the mid $2 range.

If that doesn't happen and the costr of the American dream is too high to support the American dream......well there is only one solution to that problem. The first time we solved that problem it started with a tea party.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 05-14-2008, 09:22 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
Lucky for me, people seem to be breaking their computers just as much as ever.

I'm not very optimistic about our economy or the upcoming election though, I keep trying to work out scenarios where the cost of fuel might come down.
I can't come up with any..

A fuel tax holiday has been proposed that would shave roughly 0.18 cents off fuel over the summer.. but fuel has went up roughly 0.20 since the idea was even proposed!

I think we are screwed.. haha

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 05-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Junior User

gramschm is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unfortunately I think prices will only continue to rise. Most of the "rest of the world" has been paying over $5.00 a gallon for years and now they are looking at $7-$8. We have got to come up with something else.......bio.....ethanol......something!

Deke
Old 05-15-2008, 07:12 AM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
I'm with Deke on this one, I really don't see prices coming down anytime soon, if ever.
And as for the fuel tax holiday, all we will see from that is more potholes and roads in worse condition than they are now.
I think that I can hold on still for the near future, but if the economy keeps heading in the direction it is going, it will be hit or miss. One good thing though, I have one customer who is into logging, equipment sales and the oilfield and I have a standing offer for a fulltime job when I am ready.

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Posting Guru

mudder460 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I do feel bad for you guys with the big tanks. I just filled up my car and it cost me $42 for only 11gl. I really hope this oil find is real and they start drilling soon.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Posting Guru

SUPERDUTY_untouchabl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
What oil find?
04 F150 4.6l Gryphon Powered 2wd reg cab XL 3:55 LS SISO Flowmaster S40 NCD Customs 2.5" Leveling Kit Burner High Power Fog Lights 285/70/17 BFG A/T KO's
Old 05-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Posting Guru

Supposedly they found oil out west somewhere that has like 400mil barrels or something like that. I got it in an email a week ago.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Posting Guru

SUPERDUTY_untouchabl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
On American territory?
04 F150 4.6l Gryphon Powered 2wd reg cab XL 3:55 LS SISO Flowmaster S40 NCD Customs 2.5" Leveling Kit Burner High Power Fog Lights 285/70/17 BFG A/T KO's
Old 05-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Posting Guru

Yeah, they found it here. Now if it is true or if they ever plan on digging I dunno.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:15 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter