I went out this morning to drain the glycerol off my first 25gal batch. The glycerin doesn't seem to be as thick as it was in my test batches, and the color never changed over to the lighter honey color of BD. I drained about 8 gals out of it and never got a change so I figured I got an incomplete reaction. I dumped what i drained back in the processor and was thinking about reheating it and adding a little more KOH and methanol and mixing some more to see if that is the prob. Am I correct in my thinking?
Yesterday I added a little more KOH and mixed by hand for awhile since I haven't got a new pump yet. Let it sit all night and went out this morning to see if it had settled out. Started draining some off the bottom and started getting big chunks of stuff. Went ahead and drained the whole processor. Found that the inner coating of the drum I used as a processor peeled off and was floating in the mix. Will finished BD peel the coatings, or is it just the process that peeled it? If it's just the process that peeled it, I'll take the rest of the coating off the inside of my processor drum and call it good. If finished BD will peel it, then I've got 20 empty drums that are only good for storing WVO. This is just getting more and more aggrevating. But I've already jumped in head first so I don't have much choice but to keep plodding along hopeing that eventually something will turn out right.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.