General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Stupid Immigrants Forget Child

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 10:35 PM
websthes
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stupid Immigrants Forget Child

Parents board flight, forget toddler at airport

A family boarded a flight on Monday in westernmost Canada, and forgot their tot at the Vancouver international airport, media said Tuesday.

The 23-month-old boy's family had just arrived in Canada from the Philippines, but they were forced to repack their overweight bags before catching a connecting flight to Winnipeg, causing them to run late.

In their sprint to the gate, the family became separated.

The boy's father Jun Parreno, told local media he had thought his son was with his wife and the boy's grandparents, who ran ahead. They thought the boy was with his dad.

On the plane, the family members were seated separately and so did not immediately realize they had left the child behind.

Sometime later, a security guard found the boy, who speaks no English, wandering near the departure gate, and Air Canada officials tracked down his shocked parents on the flight.

Because the boy was so young, he was not issued a boarding pass and would have sat on a parent's lap during the flight, so airline personnel did not notice a passenger was missing.

According to the Vancouver Sun, airport security found a Tagalog-speaking Air Canada agent who looked after the child while his father flew 2,300 kilometers (1,400 miles) back to Vancouver to pick him up and then return to Winnipeg to rejoin the immigrant family on their first day in Canada.

The baby was kept in Air Canada's offices and staff found him some toys, said local media.

"Air Canada took good care of him," Parreno told the daily Winnipeg Free Press upon arrival. "I'm grateful."

Where are we finding these people? First off they can't even pack their luggage properly, then they go and leave their kid behind.

Last edited by TigerDan; 05-14-2008 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Removed racist comment "That's all we need more towel-headed weirdos who can't keep track of their ginormous families."
Old 05-13-2008, 10:40 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I saw that lead-in title on Yahoo news, and thought..what idiots, though I didn't read the article.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:31 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, but with a name like Jun Parreno, they most likely aren't Muslim. My mother is from the Philippines too.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:59 AM
jroehl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know lots of parents who have accidentally forgotten a kid somewhere, be it at home when they left, or at the mall or whatever. It happens. It's not child abuse, let alone the end of the world. Judge not...

Jason

Old 05-14-2008, 07:39 AM
AeroPA
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heh. The immigrant version of "Home Alone".

Life imitates art.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:06 AM
greenego
Senior User
Chill people: They made an honest mistake and fortunetly the family was reunited with no bad consequences.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:43 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by websthes
Where are we finding these people? First off they can't even pack their luggage properly, then they go and leave their kid behind.
Serves you right for letting them into your Country. O think that all imagrents should have to pass a comon sence test...But not a spelling test cuz even i would fail that one. But i wonder if the dad had to buy the ticket or if the air line flew him for free???? that would suck "oh sorry Jr. i dont have enough money to come and get you, but when i find a job i will be right there..." that would be great!

Old 05-14-2008, 11:09 AM
RDJ184
Postmaster
It sounds completely accidental give them a break