BD fuel tank

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Tom D
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BD fuel tank

I bought a 50 gallon aluminum auxiliary fuel tank for my truck. If I fill it with B-100 do I need to be concerned with the BD causing problems? How long can I keep it in the tank? Also, I have run about 300 miles on B-20 and ran one of my tanks out of fuel (gotta love those *^x+* Ford fuel gages). When I tried to purge the air I had no luck at the injectors. Thought it might be the IP but thought maybe the cannister filter is clogged. WOW-it had a bunch of goop in the bottom black as tar. Changed it and was on my way. You weren't kidding when you said the filters will clog. Thanks FTE and all. Tom

Old 05-18-2008, 10:38 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I have aluminum fuel tanks on my semi's, haven't had any problems in 4 years, so I would say you are good to go!

Old 05-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Wookie35
Junior User
Fabman, did you do any mods to your rigs to prep for bio use?

Old 05-18-2008, 01:32 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Wookie35
Fabman, did you do any mods to your rigs to prep for bio use?
The only thing I've done is make sure that all rubber fuel lines are changed over to Vitron and I filter down to 1 micron absolute at the tank. In the beginning I added cheap filters ahead of the stock filters, but have since removed them. If you take the time to do it right, and make the best quality fuel you can, your Biodiesel Experience will be highly rewarding. I have a permanent grin as I pass $4.75 diesel prices on the highway!

Old 05-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Tom D
Elder User
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
The only thing I've done is make sure that all rubber fuel lines are changed over to Vitron and I filter down to 1 micron absolute at the tank. In the beginning I added cheap filters ahead of the stock filters, but have since removed them. If you take the time to do it right, and make the best quality fuel you can, your Biodiesel Experience will be highly rewarding. I have a permanent grin as I pass $4.75 diesel prices on the highway!
Hey Don. Will that 1micron sock filter give me absolute? (McMaster-Carr) Also, will the 10 micron sock filter clean the magnesol enough for me to pump after that?