Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

Rocksetter is starting off with a positive reputation.
What is a rat rod

What are the specifics lowered flat black ect.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:33 AM
FTE Administrator
1964 Ford Falcon
My Garage

Carlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputation
Here's an older thread in the 1947 & Older forum that pretty much sums it up - low budget & anything goes. It can be lowered or not, chopped or not, pretty much whatever you want to do with it on the cheap. If we ever get done with the 41, I'd like to do one - think it would be fun.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/198631-rad-rods.html

FTE Guidelines
Check out the Florida Chapter
Old 05-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

Cool ! guess I have already built one before. 1970 chevy truck 400 small block out of a Z28 muncy rock crusher 4 speed looked like a old farm truck called it the sleeper. beat out some fast muscle cars with that truck guess they did't expect it. pull up to red light next to muscle car rev engine a couple times have them chuckel at me or give the you can't be serious look, green light I am gone. This was a long time ago, street raceing is not taken lightly these days and I do not suggest it. Take it to the local strip.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

Carlene thanks for the thread! glad I wasn't the only one to ask the question. Here is one more I have to ask but prob shouldn't. What is the pic next to your name? It makes me kinda crazy in some strange way.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:25 PM
FTE Administrator
1964 Ford Falcon
My Garage

Carlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputation
hahahaha - its a T-shirt my brother gave me. You shoulda seen the looks & heard the comments I got when I wore it to the Daytona Hot Rod Show.

FTE Guidelines
Check out the Florida Chapter
Old 05-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

just-n-time is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rat Rod any thing that looks different from original and caries the theme of still looks like junk, the truest meaning of a sleeper.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Post Fiend
Garage is empty, add now

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksetter View Post
What are the specifics lowered flat black ect.
Rocksetter check this link out.

Hamb
Old 05-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

Added to favorites! Worked late today as always will check it out asap. Thanks
Old 05-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

Got to love those T SHIRTS !
Old 05-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Junior User
Garage is empty, add now

Hellion_74 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow, I am not into hot rods, but a rat rod sounds like fun to build and would be fun on sunny weekends.

So basically just get a older body and older frame and just go from there? add brakes, lights, motor, everything and then add your own little parts that you want and leave it all raunchy lookin and go from there.

On the show horsepower TV they built one. Maybe look around on there website about it.

I think the website is like powerblocktv.com?

No mods to it.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

Sam_Fear has a good reputation on FTE.Sam_Fear has a good reputation on FTE.
DON'T ASK WHAT A RAT ROD IS ON THE "H.A.M.B." !!!!!!
They will flame you to death! The HAMB is about 'traditional' Hot Rods and they will let you know it.

Try these links
Rat Rods Rule Forums - Powered by vBulletin
KillBillet.com Rat Rod Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Old 06-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Old Timer
Garage is empty, add now

jmerson is starting off with a positive reputation.
HOORAY for HAMB!
How old do you have to be to become an Elder User?
My DOB is 2/23/35
Old 06-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Post Fiend
1963 Ford F-250
My Garage

Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
Man thats OLD!!! Elder user is about how many Posts you have I think a few more posts and you will be a Junior user,And I Think you become a elder user when you reach 500 Become a supporter and Put whatever you want, Or what they let you
Old 06-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Post Fiend
1963 Ford F-250
My Garage

Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
Jmerson, You are a supporter! If you Click on the User CP, (upper blue bar where the Calender and search and Timeslip is) From there Click on Edit Profile, It is under Controll Panel! Scroll down to Custom user Profile, type in what you want, Go to the Bottom of the Page and Click Save. Then Your done!! NO more freshman user. You can add a signature also, Good Luck! If you have any troubles just find one of the Admins They will help!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:28 AM
Post Fiend
1953 Ford F-100

55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.
hamb is a bunch of cry babies . lots of good people there but you got a lot of jerks that dont like to be questioned or called on the carpet . got me banned when i did . anyway on a couple other forums i lurk around on we dont like and prefer not to use the term ratrod . the term unfinished , traditional , something that doesnt imply a shoddy unsafe build . they may look like crap but are safe . the biggest reason most have an issue with the term is that it pigeon holes us with the wannabe's and greedy types who slap together unsafe p.o.s's and call 'em rat rods . you've seen the ones i speak of , no floors , all sorts od goofy crap bolted on to shock you , built impractical , or as i said just unsafe . the others are right something you built on the cheap with what you have , by you , and in all the truest senses of the word a hot rod . kinda of the anti show car crowd you might say too .
that's because were all opinionated bullcrap artists looking for somewhere to espout our views and show the world how much we { don't } know especially to newcomers. were on a mission to impress you and make you believe we are all knowing ! P.A.D.D = project attention deficit disorder . everyone on here has it , and is an enabler !!!! so enter at your own risk !!!!!!!!!!! if you don't have 2 or 3 broken fords / projects , then you just ain't right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:28 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects

Tags
1963, 1970s, bronco, build, calenders, farm, ford, frame, horsepower, rat, raunchy, rod, truck, tv, work