Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2008, 02:38 AM
Elder User

threefiftyone is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bigger Tires

Ok, i'm tired of searching. Has anyone dared to put larger tires on their stock-height Expy's? I'm kinda thinking that a 285 would fit just fine. I have 265/70/17's stock. I'm thinking either PJ Dirt Grips, or BFG A/T's. The only thing I don't like about the PJ's is the 2 ply sidewall, but i guess i could live with it. I don't rock crawl with it
Old 05-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Senior User

nfntruth is starting off with a positive reputation.
I fit 33" procomp A/T extreme without the lift. No problems, even on the new rims which had a much larger offset. It was very close in the front, but it cleared with full suspension travel. Your 285s should fit fine. I put the truxxx lift on it a few weeks later, but that was mostly for cosmetics. I say go for the tires. Personally I would do the BFGs if those are your only two choices. I would actually go with the procomps, 40K mile warranty and they look a lot more aggressive, and not too loud on the freeway.
http://www.fuelly.com/sig-us/55407.png
Old 05-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Street Queen to the extr3m3

Truckin4life has a great reputation on FTE.Truckin4life has a great reputation on FTE.Truckin4life has a great reputation on FTE.Truckin4life has a great reputation on FTE.Truckin4life has a great reputation on FTE.
being a personal owner of the bfg at's dont buy them... they are ok at best on dry roads... and dangerous once the pavement goes dry... Off road there not much better either... Im not speaking from opinion. I speak from personal expierence... the bfg at's are not a good tire and really are over priced...

I like bacon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain p4 View Post
chuckstrucks brings the lols and make cheeto look like a genius.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Senior User

nfntruth is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin4life View Post
being a personal owner of the bfg at's dont buy them... they are ok at best on dry roads... and dangerous once the pavement goes dry... Off road there not much better either... Im not speaking from opinion. I speak from personal expierence... the bfg at's are not a good tire and really are over priced...
Thats interesting. Definitely glad I got the procomps now, I have ever had a problem on pavement, and of course they are great in the dirt and sand. They are probably about the same price as well. If you look at my profile, you can see pics with and without the lift on the procomps. I know I sound like a procomp sales guy or something, but they were the only aggressive looking A/Ts with a warranty. Mickey thompson had some nice tires, but not in the size I wanted.
http://www.fuelly.com/sig-us/55407.png
Old 05-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Elder User

threefiftyone is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow, that's gotta be maybe the second time (in 13 years or so) i've ever heard of a bad review for BFG A/T's. That's ok though, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I personally love the BFG's. I've owned M/T's and A/T's and never had any bad experiences with either of them. I have experienced the A/T in deep mud, deep snow, ice and slick roads and have been pleased with it's performance. Don't know much about the Pro-comps other than what i read in the pages of Four Wheeler and 4WOR. They seem good, but around here it's BFG's and Toyo's for duty.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Senior User

carbonmetallic is starting off with a positive reputation.
i would look at the nitto terra grapplers, I have around 35K on them and they still have another 10-15K left in them. They are the stock 265/70/17's but when they wear out I will probably be getting the toyo mud terrains, i have heard they are quiet on the road, and have a little more bite off road, especially since I have 2wd. Great on the road and great off road.

I put the truxxx lift on mine as well, not just for looks though. I also put a grille guard on the front and it pulled the front end of the truck down, and everytime I braked it felt like I was going to hit the pavement. Looks and reacts much better now. Only issue I have is not fitting in alot of parking garages, and my wife has to step up to get in.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I second the nitto's. Heard nothing but good about them. I had procomps, hated them. Bad on wet pavement.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Posting Guru

rockstate45 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I like my BFGs. Look awesome covered in mud.

Great tire and I too have only heard a handful of bad reviews. Every tire shop I talk to has nothing but good things to say about them.

-rockstate
Ranch Hand Grille Guard,
BFG AT KO 285/65/r18

1998 Ford Expedition 5.4, 4x4
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...5/100_0870.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...h_100_1201.jpg
Old 06-20-2008, 03:29 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator