1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Fuel Leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 03:22 AM
Ole JIM
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Leak

I have a 96 F-350 w/ a 7.3 Power Stroke & I have Changed the Aluminum Gasket several Times on the Big Nut under the TURBO--the Gasket looks like an Aluminum Washer w/ Black BBQ paint on One Side-- & it still Leaks & its Really Getting to ME! any One Know?? of a Good FIX? --Thanks Ole JIM--

Old 05-10-2008, 08:57 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you sure its not the fuel pump itself leaking? Or even the fuel filter housing leaking somewhere?

Old 05-10-2008, 10:16 AM
scatgo
Posting Guru
Had them all go on me. The weep hole under the pump might be the source of the leak so it might be time for a new pump or something on the filter housing is leaking and running down the fuel line to the pump. The black vacuum switch on the filter housing is a leaker. Yours might be on the side of the filter housing mine is on the back right over the fuel line that goes to the pump so it was hard for me to tell if it was the switch line or pump. Is the fuel puddling in front of the pump or behind? This has never been done before but I wish I thought of it when I was having problems. Try to put some type of dye in your filter housing to mix with the fuel so you can see where the leak is. Maybe the vegetable dye they use in food. You should be able to get it at a supermarket. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Ole JIM
New User
Fuel Leak

Thanks Guys! I guess? its Time to Really Clean the Intake Valley Real Good! --UCK! what a JOB!--I*M NOT looking forward too! a very Cramped Area! & w/ Diesel Prices way UP Here! $4.40 a Gallon--as WE All Know! Once You start Cleaning & Twisting Wrenches YOU allways Find More Things that Need Attention & Fixing! I Assume? Its Paper Towel & Brake Clean Time! & Once that Areas Clean! Break out my Mirror & Really look things Over! Hey! Guys THANKS Again!--Ole JIM--

Old 05-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nasty job made a little easier: Simple Green, elbow grease, patience and compressed air should get it pretty clean. There is a hole in the rear of the valley that will allow you to flood the area with a garden hose. Works really good if you raise the front of the truck.