New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Not sure where to go with this

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:29 PM
MuddyAxles
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure where to go with this

When trying to edit my itty-bitty signature (actually making it shorter) I keep getting the message about it having to be under 700 characters, or something like that.

Any clues?

Old 05-13-2008, 04:40 AM
tewferford
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by MuddyAxles
When trying to edit my itty-bitty signature (actually making it shorter) I keep getting the message about it having to be under 700 characters, or something like that.

Any clues?
Looks like you have too many puncuation marks. Try putting your vehicles in a straight down list. Then there would be no need for all those periods, commas etc.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:16 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 304 Likes on 279 Posts
I really do not have any idea why you would be having issues with editing your signature. As to what Frank suggested, you could give it a try and see what happens.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:27 PM
MuddyAxles
Elder User
Originally Posted by tewferford
Looks like you have too many puncuation marks. Try putting your vehicles in a straight down list. Then there would be no need for all those periods, commas etc.
Here's the message I got again today:

Your signature can not be longer than 700 characters including BBCode markup.

You're kidding about the punctuation marks, right? You mean an entire separate line per vehicle would take fewer "characters"?

Nope, something changed...now I can't even save it the way I had it before, even shortened...still won't save. But I could save the message below???????

They changed something.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:52 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
During the upgrade, they may have shortened the max signature length, inadvertently.

You obviously set it to something else now

You can send a check/money-order to become a supporter. PM the user IB_Tim or open a service ticket.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:56 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Art I had the same thing after the new software was installed. I couldn't make any changes including getting down to the bare minimum with only my name.

IB Adrian had to go in and clean up the BBC from the conversion. I haven't tried yet to just delete the whole sig and start over to see what would happen.

Apparently several other members are having the same issues with their sigs to various degrees.