Sponsored by:

why is this site so dead???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 12:07 PM
76 crew
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why is this site so dead???

i went browsing around and found classic bronco's, damn that site is busy, its like the 73-79 forum on here.

i looked at pirate, but damn i feel intimidated by them, probably don't got nothing in common with them anyway, not trying to put rockwells under my bronco . a lifted 2wd truck with a locker can do 75% of the wheeling i do.

i set up a thing on CB, same username, just curious where else do you guys cruise around

Old 02-12-2008, 03:54 PM
1975StroppeBaja
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cb.com is the place to go for Early Bronco stuff... the EB forum traffic here is pretty light. I signed up here after I bought my SD.

I agree with you on pirate... that place isn't for me. There's also Broncofix but the traffic's kinda light there too and I see no real point in spending much time there with cb.com.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Broncboy86
New User
Originally Posted by 76 crew
i went browsing around and found classic bronco's, damn that site is busy, its like the 73-79 forum on here.

i looked at pirate, but damn i feel intimidated by them, probably don't got nothing in common with them anyway, not trying to put rockwells under my bronco . a lifted 2wd truck with a locker can do 75% of the wheeling i do.

i set up a thing on CB, same username, just curious where else do you guys cruise around
the guys on pirate can be messed up, but you just gotta think about what your saying and critique it. everyone on there thinks there pro. lol

Old 02-12-2008, 10:50 PM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Let's go troll Pirate 4x4, get flamed and not care one bit!
I heard the same thing about Pirate, I also heard there are other auto forums that do the same thing. Good thing FTE is a friendlier place to frequent.

I saw a great looking early Bronco pulled over by the police today. The driver was in the carpool lane - That will be a nice 250.00 ticket.

I would look around this forum, just for the fact that I need front end parts to put under my 1999 Ranger. SAS.

Last edited by khadma; 02-12-2008 at 10:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Broncboy86
New User
Originally Posted by khadma
Let's go troll Pirate 4x4, get flamed and not care one bit!
I heard the same thing about Pirate, I also heard there are other auto forums that do the same thing. Good thing FTE is a friendlier place to frequent.

I saw a great looking early Bronco pulled over by the police today. The driver was in the carpool lane - That will be a nice 250.00 ticket.

I would look around this forum, just for the fact that I need front end parts to put under my 1999 Ranger. SAS.
man two months ago i would have given you a complete D44 narrowed. I went to full widths in my bronco. noone up here wants to buils ****. they just drink all the time. I had to pay someone to take it.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:11 PM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745

I just came up with the wacky idea a couple of weeks ago.

Early Bronco parts are hard to come buy here, I was told to look at Jeep parts too. I could probably use those new type Jeep parts - 4 link or trailing arm stuff. I have to read up on the Jeep parts.

My Ranger won't be a Daily Driver, so new parts maybe out of the question. $$$$$$$$$$?.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:28 PM
76 crew
Senior User
Khadma what you looking for?

i got a dana 44 from a 79 F150 that i took the knuckles and spindles from, so i could put discs on my EB.

i'll make you a deal if your interested.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:34 PM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745

Howzit Crew,

I am looking for an early Bronco Dana 44 or 30(?).
and front end parts to mount it to my Ranger (99).
My Ranger is on jackstands now, so it maybe time to modify it a bit.
I have a D44 from a 78 Bronco, but yours maybe in better shape for my Fullsize Bronco SAS.

I'll PM you to see if I can use the D44 you have now.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:48 AM
RCrawler
Postmaster
This forum is hit and miss. There are times where you will go 3-4 days without any action. And then there times I don't check in and there is a page worth of new posts. The Bronco forum gets forgotten because it is a sub genre of the FTE site. Where CB.com has a main focus, and therefore, more traffic. I have frequented many of the popular Bronco and 4x4 sites including CB.com and Pirate. I like this forum because it is still somewhat small. My day is not overwhelmed looking through 100's of posts. And FTE overall is a friendly atmosphere. If I am looking for specific information or need a question answered fast, I go to CB. And I'm not "EXTREME" enough to frequent Pirate anymore. I wheel, but I'm not on Rockwells and out to destroy my Bronco like a lot of them are. And I see no fun in slamming someone who has different taste or skill level than me.

Jason

Old 02-13-2008, 09:52 PM
dodmort
Elder User
at least i see the EB forum being read in FTE.
never get many responses in the areas where there are like 90 million post...
there are not many Eb's left..and they will never go out of style...
lets keep them up and going...

Old 02-15-2008, 08:03 PM
reamer
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
cb.com????
All I get with cb.com is the local "career builder" site. Can someone post a link to the cb.com you see?
Thanks
Reamer

Old 02-15-2008, 08:13 PM
1975StroppeBaja
Postmaster
Originally Posted by reamer
cb.com????
All I get with cb.com is the local "career builder" site. Can someone post a link to the cb.com you see?
Thanks
Reamer
Sorry... internet posting laziness... the full name is www.classicbroncos.com

Old 02-16-2008, 12:45 PM
benshere
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
site activity

O.K. I got some "activity" fer ya I have been hesitant because I wanted to use my friend "search" some more, not having a lot of luck.

I have a 72 w/302 3 speed. I would like to see a picture of the parts list for the doors that shows how the earlier doors with a bolt in window frame looks. Mine are 1 piece and are rusted at the weld.

Also would like to upgrade to front discs and have a spare 44 from a 93 F-150. will the end knuckles with the disc mounting fit the 1972 44? Even a link would be appreciated.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Broncboy86
New User
Originally Posted by benshere
O.K. I got some "activity" fer ya I have been hesitant because I wanted to use my friend "search" some more, not having a lot of luck.

I have a 72 w/302 3 speed. I would like to see a picture of the parts list for the doors that shows how the earlier doors with a bolt in window frame looks. Mine are 1 piece and are rusted at the weld.

Also would like to upgrade to front discs and have a spare 44 from a 93 F-150. will the end knuckles with the disc mounting fit the 1972 44? Even a link would be appreciated.
Im pretty sure your knuckles will bold right up. the doors Idk. wait, 93 150 was a TTB scissor crap. Idk if they are the same. you should find brakes off of a solid front axle.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:27 PM
benshere
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
78 Bronco

Tx for reply--

Whatta kick in the --- 2 yrs ago I had a 78 hauled off for cheap that was a junker my brother picked up somewhere. The 9" had already been pirated, believe the door code said either H2 or H9. Either of those would have been trak lock. The 44 was intact-----AH Sh----ucks. The 93 is Independant like my 93 Bronco. Sure do wish the knuckle parts would fit.

Still would like an idea about the doors, If I can resolve the window frame issue, they look to be repairable. Afraid I will have to get good used replacements (if available) from that little place in Egypt.