Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Post Fiend

kjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to behold
windshield dimensions

Anyone know the dimensions of a 1989 ranger windshiled? I need to order some lexan to make my windshiled, and I'm nowhere near the truck to get the dimensions. I need the width at the bottom/widest part and the height.

Thanks!

Free Paul and Dan from random moderator oppression!!!

1995 F-150
Ranger Mud Truck
Old 05-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Junior User

corniceman is starting off with a positive reputation.
on my 94 measuring strait across at the bottom is 57-1/4" I cant masher with the curve by my self very good but looks to be about 58-3/4" to 59"-ish
Top to bottom is 26" I hope this will help
Old 05-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Post Fiend

Pablo-UA is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I do not understand why do you want it to made? how many $$$ do you want to spend?
Old 05-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Post Fiend

kjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to behold
Corniceman,

Thanks! Thats exactly what I needed.

Pablo,

This is for my purpose built mud racer. It is less expensive to buy a flat sheet of marguard lexan than it is to buy a pre-cut piece. Yes, I will need to cut it to shape from the rectangle, but most pre-cut pieces also need to be trimmed to fit, so why not save a few dollers and cut it myself. Plus if the sheet is large enough, I might be able to squeeze out a rear window as well.

1995 F-150
Ranger Mud Truck
Old 05-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Post Fiend

I saw special film in shops to enforce stock windshield. Less risk to get broken with rocks glass.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Post Fiend

The thing about lexan is it is half the weight of glass. And since this truck is going to strictly be an offroad mud racer, it will never see the street or require the DOT safety glass.

1995 F-150
Ranger Mud Truck
Old 05-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Post Fiend

may be there is a reason to use aircraft windshield. try to look for on local air bases. they usually change them ruther frequantly becouse safety issues.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Post Fiend

I already have the lexan supplier. It is actually called Percy's Speedglass. They do make a pre-formed piece, but my local distributor said that they have had alot of problems with the preformed stuff, and for what I am doing with the truck it would be better to just get the flat piece and cut it to size, which is why I needed the domensions.

1995 F-150
Ranger Mud Truck
Old 05-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Elder User

Rangerman Stan is starting off with a positive reputation.
kjett, the dimensions taken from my 90 Ranger supercab should be the same for the standard cab. Vertical distance from top to bottom at the left or right post is 24.25". Vertical distance top to bottom at center of windshield where inside rearview mirror attaches is 26". Horizontal distance at the top of the windshield from left to right post is 46". Horizontal distance at the bottom of windshield from left to right post is 56". These dimensions follow the curve from left to right.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Post Fiend

That's perfect! I just ordered a sheet that is large enough that I can cut it and make a front windshield and also a rear window! Thanks for the help!!

1995 F-150
Ranger Mud Truck
Old 05-20-2008, 11:56 PM
New User

touchngo is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't have the #'s but I just got a 4x 8 sheet of Makrolon and we cut the windshied both side windows and the 2 small windows for an xtend acab for my ranger and both side windows for the wifes bronco, all out of 1 sheet hardly any waste,
Old 05-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Post Fiend

What's Makrolon and how resistant is it to abrasion? Your truck and mine run in the same stuff, and by looking at the pic you posted in the offroad thread, it looks pretty clear to me! I've seen a lot of the regular lexan the looks like crap by the end of a season with all of the scratches in them.

1995 F-150
Ranger Mud Truck
Old 01-31-2013, 01:54 PM
New User

havefaith20 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Polycarbonate is Polycarbonate, so they say, but I would use the abrasion coated. It is a hard coat at .005" thick. Lexan MR10 or Tuffak AR or Makrolon AR like Makrolon Polycarbonate Sheet by K-mac Plastics
Old 01-31-2013, 06:34 PM
Post Fiend

I'm on my second set of windshields since this thread started. Been using marguard lexan and it holds up for a couple of years but the mud takes its toll. Just for show, here's what the ranger currently looks like:

Click the image to open in full size.

1995 F-150
Ranger Mud Truck
Old 01-31-2013, 06:34 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series

Tags
2001, deminsions, dimension, dimensions, f150, f250, ford, measurements, ranger, size, truck, trucks, width, windshield, winshield