I'm sure its been covered...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Scout Chris
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure its been covered...

But, I am getting ready to go for my NTC rotation and don't have the time to scan all of the threads.

Keep it real for me. I just bought a 03 F150 5.4L Supercrew Lariat, 3.55LS. Want to buy a air filter. What's the best bet?

This is my first pickup, and have had it for 2 weeks. It is pretty much perfect as is and I do not want to modify it much at all, so this would be one of the few mods I do.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:17 AM
Alon@ModBargains
Senior User
Hi Chris,

Have you looked into S&B filters at all? They have a great quality kit and most other companies use the S&B filters... if thats tells you anything about their product. I have not had one complaint from customers about the S&B's and everyone I have talked to who has them, LOVEs them.

http://www.modbargains.com/product.a...F-250_F-350_MW

I am also offering $5 off of S&B filters by using coupon code "5offSB" at checkout.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Alon@Modbargains

Old 05-27-2008, 02:52 AM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Huh!?!

Nothing wrong with the OEM filter at all. Save your dough. You're a soldier and unfortunantly Uncle Sam doesn't pay you what you're worth.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:08 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Chris, if you plan on keeping your truck for a long time and you want a cold air intake, i got the S-B setup. I plucked down the the money 286.00 to be exact but my filter is for life. Just wash it and re oil it and let dry completely and put back in. Despite the investment up front, its better for me because i'll never have to buy a 30.00 OEM air filter again. It,s all personal choice.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Steina
CO River Rat

Chris -

One thing to keep in mind: The 1st time you have to tell your wife/girlfriend/significant other "Sorry, but you can't use the truck until the filter is dry and I oil it", it may not seem like a good choice.

How was Ft. Irwin?

Steve

Old 06-05-2008, 07:08 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What works for others, may not work for some, it,s all personal choice, you have plenty of options out there. Plus the wife don't drive my ride.